Turkey NT 2021

• I'm astonished about how fast you can get a passeport in this eastern european countries while in Italy or others isn't that easy

Did romania gives her the permission?

• Its easy and fast when a sport person apply for it. Bcz it benefits the country and federation gives their support and make the process faster. I dont know if its same when a non-sport person apply for Turkish passport.

• The process is not fast at all, the application was done almost a year ago.

I am not sure if she will need to wait for a while before she can play in NT. If she doesn't have to wait, then I think it would be a good idea to take her instead of Meryem to OG. She is already better than Meryem and it would be a good experience for her during 2024 Paris

• years ago I found Ferhat hot but not he looks sooo not hot :rolll:

I expected he would speak English fluently considering he worked abroad most of his career.:whistle:

• FIVB Roster100: Naz Aydemir Akyol

I wish they have had mentioned that she has been in final fours of cl 11 times in a row (not sure about number, maybe even more) pity that her series is broken this year :( a finalfour without her will be weird

• Melissa Vargas became a Turkish citizen.... for turkey national team..Can she play in the Olympics this year? Or would it take 2 years for the FIVB to let it play in 2023?

Can you inform me?

News is here

Back when there was tha rumour abour serbian citizenship Terzic said that she would have to wait 2 years to play for Serbia NT. It can't be different in case of Turkey NT

• Back when there was tha rumour abour serbian citizenship Terzic said that she would have to wait 2 years to play for Serbia NT. It can't be different in case of Turkey NT

Well the problem with that was she had never lived in Serbia. She lives in Turkey now and this is from the FIVB rules

"The player has established residence in the country of his new Federation of Origin (hereinafter "the new Federation") for a minimum of two (2) continuous years immediately prior to the time of filing the application for the Change."

So does the 2 years start when she arrived in Turkey to live? Or 2 years after receiving citizenship?

(did she ever play for the Cuban national team, cause that affects it too)

• She played but as QPL said she was suspended from Cuba NT in 2018, so her last match must be in 2017

• Yeah she play till 2015,after that I didn't remember her

• I think it means she has to be a legal resident/citizen of Turkey for the last two years.

I have no idea how immigration into Turkey works, but I imagine that you'd have to have the equivalent of a US Green Card for the two years before you decide to make the transfer.

• She played but as QPL said she was suspended from Cuba NT in 2018, so her last match must be in 2017

Interesting.... the biggest thing will be how that two year requirement is interpreted.

Cause normally she would need permission of her home country (but FIVB will overrule that as with other Cubans) but im not sure how they determine residency.

• Well, these are great news for Turkey! Melissa and her wife have more than 2 years living (and paying taxes) in Turkey, which is a huge plus for the FIVB.

If I am not wrong, her last tournment with Cuba NT was WGP 2016. In that year Cuba played in the third division.

In 2017, Cuba didnt have so many international tournments, they even didnt take part of the last WGP, they didnt qualify. As well as Melissa didnt play the qualis for Japan 2018 WCH.

• Melissa and her wife have more than 2 years living (and paying taxes) in Turkey,

Well, then based on @avid's post it seems like she can represent Turkey immediately? Or does her history of playing for Cuba need to be taken into account?

• Well, then based on @avid's post it seems like she can represent Turkey immediately? Or does her history of playing for Cuba need to be taken into account?

Her history with Cuba only needed to be taken into account if they wanted to surpass the two year requirement.

FIVB's biggest decision will be to allow the two years to take place before official citizenship or if it has to be after.