Japan Women's NT 2021

• Wasn't Seitoku's coach rumoured for the U Squads

Hadn't seen that, but I don't see much. He's been at Seitoku for 40 years!

I guess we'll have to embrace high sets and headbands if that happens :rolll:

• what?? am I reading this right? France women's national team will have to go through qualifiers to participate in their own olympics?

• what?? am I reading this right? France women's national team will have to go through qualifiers to participate in their own olympics?

I think it's a Google Translate fail. Maybe:

"Also, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be the host country. I didn't have to fight for the qualifying, but I have to win the qualifying for the Paris Olympics"

• Isn’t there is a new rule that now the host country have to participate in qualification round as well? Or was I reading that wrong.

No, there isn't.

• New Japan NT 2022 thread here

• Article about Miya Sato and Naonobu Fujii:

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/850750?page=1

Most of the content are about how their relationship - how they became friends, the proposal, and married life, but what struck me is what she shared about how painful for her to not be able to play in the Olympics while supporting his husband who got in the roster. The rawness and honesty of what she said.

[google translate, so might not be very accurate]

It seems to be an ideal relationship, but because the place we are aiming for is the same, Miya at one period of time couldn't accept the decisive "difference" that occurred between the two of them.

"He went to the Olympics. But I couldn't get out. That's the decisive difference. That's why I was so jealous, the person I want to support the most, I'm rooting for you, but I can't support you. Looking back now, I said a lot of terrible things."

• How are Gabi and Herbotts any better than Yuki Ishii? Omg. You don't see how they're so much better? For real

• How are Gabi and Herbotts any better than Yuki Ishii? Omg. You don't see how they're so much better? For real

I see them as better attackers, like I said, and asked "in what other way are they any better than Yuki Ishii?" You tell me :drink:

• I see them as better attackers, like I said, and asked "in what other way are they any better than Yuki Ishii?" You tell me :drink:

Gabi is a much better reciever. Herbotts a better server and more powerful. I think it's not just the attitude (as you said about the Japs being less aggressive), but simply physicality. Put it to their diet too. And their training. I forgot that Brazilian player who played in Japan who mentioned that the Japanese spends the least at the gym (lifting weights etc).

• Gabi is a much better reciever.

Mmm , maybe today she's better than Yuki is today, but the context of that year old post is important. Do you think Yuki could learn a thing or two from Gabi about receiving? Everyone can learn something from everyone, sure. Yuki was a solid top tier passer for Japan for many years. Yuki got older. Shit happens

Herbotts a better server and more powerful

Definitely. I always forget about serving. Herbotts looks cool and is way more powerful. I have no idea what their stats look like over the years. Powerful serves aren't always the most "better".

Suelle Oliveira is the player who made the comment about gym time. She has her needs. She also complained about being wasted from Japan's practices. Maybe diet and exercise would have helped her? :/

I 1000% stand by the belief Japanese players (looking to make NT) are trained specifically to NOT swing like Gabi or Herbotts. For better or worse