Japan Women's NT 2021

• why would japan send two liberos?

they better send a 4th middle imo

• Did you think Nagaoka was just revived for the sake of having more players at Hisamitsu or what. She's gonna squirm her way to that top 12 if they have to bump Nabeya off.

I already posted about that longass documentary she had that's about 3 hours long.

• Sato is probably not so injured anymore or whatever we don't know but she hasn't played in V.League. I wouldn't be surprised if she still takes priority as the main setter because Seki cannot be trusted with intense situations.

• 24 player wide roster is the fewest in years. I wonder why they've gone that route. This group seems like Nakada's last grasp at her vision of who to use, and I guess she wants to keep the focus small without inviting youngsters to start training for the future.

I bet Coach Lovebunny or JT's coach will be the next NT coach, maybe the Toray coach who stepped aside this year? I don't see Nakada continuing.

• If I were Nakada I wouldn't swap out Soga for Arisa Inoue. Soga is fast but tiny so I'm assuming that goes against her.

All these players are 173cm

Hayashi

Yoshino

YOLO (Soga)

Ishikawa

Inoue is a giant at 178cm . Kudo and Osanai are 175cm. It's a new generation, different from the standard 180-ishness of the others.

YOLO made too many mental mistakes this year. That's not good resume building. Inoue is plain lazy, but she's got corporate swing mentality. I think that's what gets her in.

Seems to me that a number of these invited are players who think and understand the game the way Nakada wants them to, and it's based more on that than on performance. So okay, let's give it to her. It's her swan song

• I want Miyashita out.

But you're for Team USA :!:

• Denso: 5 people

JT: 4 people

Toray: 4 people

NEC: 3 people

Hisamitsu: 3 people

Toyota Auto Body: 2 people

Saitama Ageo: 1 person

Okayama: 1 person

Hitachi: 1 person

• Miyashita's problem is that her tosses tend to be lower and while it is sometimes faster, it doesn't always work on attacking MBs. She used to do dumps but that was in 2017. Okayama's other setter has a higher trajectory. Sato probably sets the highest but is she even fit to play?

• 24 player wide roster is the fewest in years. I wonder why they've gone that route. This group seems like Nakada's last grasp at her vision of who to use, and I guess she wants to keep the focus small without inviting youngsters to start training for the future.

I bet Coach Lovebunny or JT's coach will be the next NT coach, maybe the Toray coach who stepped aside this year? I don't see Nakada continuing.

Probably because there are less events to play? she rounded up her veteran faves along with 2 rising stars and called it a day. If Sato wasn't injured I doubt Momii would have been added this year.

• Can anyone please shed me some light on the "ever popular" Yoshino? I no longer closely followed V-leauge, but whenever i saw her playing, she was nothing extraordinary. Did i miss something along the way?

• Can anyone please shed me some light on the "ever popular" Yoshino? I no longer closely followed V-leauge, but whenever i saw her playing, she was nothing extraordinary. Did i miss something along the way?

When she entered (mid 17-18 season) I was immediately struck by her. She had a fierce determination (which she's taken to comical heights recently with all the Euro-frowning). I don't think she's played as well since her first year. I believe her inclusion in NT is about her "understanding" of the game according to how Nakada "understands" the game. I think Arisa Inoue gets there the same way -- maybe libero Mizusugi as well.

No other explanation :/

• I want to be positive and optimistic, but now 12 hours later, I'm still processing what, for reasons I can't specifically articulate, feels like a wet fart :white: