Japan Women's NT 2021

• apparently JVA released the NT list the same day Hisamitsu launched their Tokyo Olympics sponsor site which was already a week before JVA officially posted it on social media

This is the website. Nagaoka is there but not Iwasaka. A huge hint is that only Ishii and Nagaoka are part of the OLYMPIC STARS section and not Arisa Inoue

https://2020.hisamitsu/athletes/

Nagaoka never failed during her brief moments in the court. Still scoring better than Inoue and Nakagawa. She's still not receiving though which is a huge minus.

Also interestingly, Japanese fans are saying Hayashi is going to be used as an opposite. She will be the one filling in for Shinnabe. Kurogo will also play as opposite and if Yoshino makes it that far she will also be used as an opposite.

• how do you feel about Momii’s chances for Olympics?

Nakada, I'm told, likes aggressive setters. You and I agree that a tall-ish, strong-ish (comparatively speaking) left handed setter who likes to attack is a weapon that should not be holstered. But for whatever reason Nakada saw potential in Seki early on but didn't see it in Momii early on suggests there is another reason Nakada may not be keen on Momii. VNL might change things if she gets a shot

I can't believe we've danced around with a half dozen setters this cycle. You would think that would be the one position Nakada the setter would have figured out

• if smarzek and karakurt had a baby it would look like yoshino lmao. meanwhile kudo actually resembles nakada. but i don't think she'll make the final cut.

LOL

kudou is already out.

It pains me to hear all this Yoshino love. I feel like they are all about 2–3 years behind me in seeing it. I saw it early but I'm over it. They should get over it too

• LOL

kudou is already out.

It pains me to hear all this Yoshino love. I feel like they are all about 2–3 years behind me in seeing it. I saw it early but I'm over it. They should get over it too

i meant yoshino is probably not going to make the final cut. but i would also not choose kudo over soga. she's still young plenty of chances. same for mizusugi over nec's libero. but also over yamagishi.

i don't think there's any love for yoshino aside from one pro probably echoing what someone already said but i wouldn't know with japanese fans if she's seen as someone worth the attention.

• i meant yoshino is probably not going to make the final cut. but i would also not choose kudo over soga. she's still young plenty of chances. same for mizusugi over nec's libero. but also over yamagishi.

i don't think there's any love for yoshino aside from one pro probably echoing what someone already said but i wouldn't know with japanese fans if she's seen as someone worth the attention.

Ahh, I see.

It was Nakada, as far as I know, who started this Yoshino thing when she declared Araki, Kurogo, and Yoshino as the new "power players". I don't think Yoshino makes the OG roster, but will probably get VNL time.

• Yoshino tore her left ACL on Sunday against Okayama. She is out of the national team training sessions and will be having surgery and starting rehab soon per Ageo website.

• Someone here referenced a blogger "She's a Volleyballer" which I have since started trying to read. She has a companion blog devoted to the NT: Volleyballjapan. Her style is such that it doesn't translate well but I often find many shared points of view. Recently:

So, about this year's All Japan.

Honestly, when I saw the personnel, I lost the desire to write an article.

:drink:

• Someone here referenced a blogger "She's a Volleyballer" which I have since started trying to read. She has a companion blog devoted to the NT: Volleyballjapan. Her style is such that it doesn't translate well but I often find many shared points of view. Recently:

:drink:

The author of that blog is Rokutanda-san 六反田光弘. He's an Ebata worshipper.

• She's probably an Iwasaka and Zayasu stan.

If you're interested, you should search Iwasaka's videos of her during her time as a captain (on youtube) where she received a lot of heat, blaming her of being an incompetent captain. Had Nakada taken her into this team the backlash would be even worse now.

I mean look at Sato she's already being harassed online

• The author of that blog is Rokutanda-san 六反田光弘. He's an Ebata worshipper.

When you say "he", is that accurate or just in line with Japanese custom of ambiguous personal pronouns? ... I've read her talk about her husband

But she's writes snarkily like a dude and poetically like a girl :/

• When you say "he", is that accurate or just in line with Japanese custom of ambiguous personal pronouns? ... I've read her talk about her husband

But she's writes snarkily like a dude and poetically like a girl :/

There could possibly be 2 authors. I'm not sure but I've been following Rokutanda on IG (gotanda_rokutanda) where he used to have a link up of the blog on his profile. Ever since Ebata went into hiatus he deleted his twitter so I don't know who he's rooting for anymore. He used to talk about Hisae Watanabe but I think she retired already.

mucch_sys on twitter also runs a blog with kenn24black but I can't remember the link or if it's still active they both still provide stats on twitter. He was blogging while he worked for V. League as one of the official photographers. He's much more updated with the younger gen. They're both Nagaoka biased so definitely not complaining at all.

I use DeepL or papago.naver.com sometimes it does a better translation than google.

• Uchiseto will be replacing Yoshino.

I like the way she is playing this year, but jiminy