Japan Women's NT 2021

• i dont know if its bad, but Ishii should still be a starter, Mayu seems tensed and she just cant pass through the block. While Ishii did well on the 3rd Set.

They should try to put back Kurogo as an open hitter and have Nagaoka as a starter. Miyu's slowly getting back from where she left off before her injury and I think thats a great sign for Japan.

Koga played well too, I have seen her talk during one of the time-outs, she's like calling the shots for the team and that's good for her, that was Saori's role a couple of years back.

Hayashi too, her aura made me think she was Risa ☺️☺️

• they can have ishii start but not nagaoka. they're gonna try and preserve her condition as much as possible until the olympics where she can be a starter then. i believe she has to meet with kosheleva's doctor to have her knee checked before vnl.

kurogo was on ghost mode in this match. she was out of it the whole time except in the 3rd set where she landed ONE heavy blow.

shimamura was the only one who wasn't able to play because yamada did good.

• Ishii start

• Oops

Japan vs. China 2nd set, small fire breaks out in the venue (photographed by Tetsuro Takizawa)

• She's a volleyballer has a play-by-play that's probably pretty accurate if anybody wants to count up points or something. The google translations of Japanese translations of Chinese names are dizzying but you can mostly follow it.

I don't think enough has been said about Mayu Ishikawa's serve or Ai Kurogo's hair. Both awesome :rose:

• Seki doesn't look happy watching the game:

• Does Japan have a starting setter? It seems there is a new setter every tournament.

• Does Japan have a starting setter? It seems there is a new setter every tournament.

One theory is that she had settled on Miya Sato but Sato injured herself a year ago in Spring training, didn't play in League this year, and apparently is not sufficiently rehabilitated. And then a couple kids came along and caught Nakada's eye. So she's still working on the setter thing

• I saw some people saying that Takeshita doesn't know Yamada because when the male MC asked her during the time Yamada scored her first biggie she wasn't able to tell them which club Yamada is from. But it's a start. Yamada is definitely gonna be known.

Also holy crap there are more headlines about Nagaoka than Koga. 2nd highest scorer after Koga

• nagaoka needs to work on her serve what she did back there was awful. flopped the serve twice. other than that she should be good

• will hayashi be ok i dont recall seeing her at all last night. she's in the last slide

She had one serve sub, that's it. She's going to be fine. She's the new Shinnabe , haven't you heard? :)

• She had one serve sub, that's it. She's going to be fine. She's the new Shinnabe , haven't you heard? :)

which set was that? i was looking forward to seeing her play but after watching mayu struggle to get the ball across i gave up on that thought

• Nagaoka > Koga

Well I'm not gonna let that one slide by unchallenged :box:

Nagaoka is probably a better pure scorer but ... ">" ?

I'll even give Nagaoka blocking based on one match and 2 blocks. There's so much more to volleyball than that. Of course my bias is that players who just stand around and swing at a ball occasionally might as well be playing golf. A lot of people like golf. I can't get my girdle pinned up tight for it :cheesy:

Having said that, they are both in wait-and-see mode right now

• which set was that? i was looking forward to seeing her play but after watching mayu struggle to get the ball across i gave up on that thought

third set @21–19