Japan Women's NT 2021

• I'd love for someone to dive into details the strengths/weaknesses of the Jap setters (Momii/Seki/Tashiro). Do you guys think Matsui is happening next cycle?

I think Matsui will be there but Seki/Momii are ahead of her.

It's difficult to detail Momii because her NT game seems so different from her League game.

Seki looks better at fast tosses to the MBs from a distance than Momii. Momii tends to go fast to the MBs up close. Both are valuable, can't say which is more useful

Seki seems better OOS when she has to run after a ball to set it. Momii's better in system, maybe? But I don't which one reads the other side of the court better. I don't think Momii is very good at it. Can't say about Seki

Tough (for me) to detail setters. I usually just judge them on their defense :) and that's something else about Momii's game from League to NT that's different. I think she's feels the weight, maybe not pressure though, of the position she's in, and is thinking a little more about what she's going to do offensively. Not as quick defensively as she is in League, imo.

Sorry not too much help

• I'd like to see Coach Lovebunny's head next to Yamada's for comparison

• Jules tell us why you don't like Momii's toss. I'd like to know your opinion on where she falls short or whatever it is she's doing wrong

I don't dislike her or hate her

i just said I didn't see all that volleybal u see on her

It was the beggining,yesterday and with rd i could enjoy japan game after some time,she's progressing

• I know you follow Korea too. Is Momii's style somewhat similar to the previous NT setter that got kicked out? Dayoung was it?

• I know you follow Korea too. Is Momii's style somewhat similar to the previous NT setter that got kicked out? Dayoung was it?

I would have never thought of that comparison.

Momii's game is evolving with the NT, and ever since her "slide style" got some attention, she now seems less athletic to me than she did in V.League. Lee Da-Yeong is an athletic setter. Good blocker, too. Da-Yeong hardly ever does a bump set. Momii bumps a lot

• they heard you :win:

Need better, but it looks like her whole head would fit below his eyebrows

• Yuki Ishii (Japan):

"We are very happy to play again in this squad, because some other team members joined the starting six. So we were glad to play again together, especially that we won today. We had a very good service today, so we could control the game and Serbia were not able to play their combinations."

This must be an incredibly humbling experience for Yuki. We don't know for absolute sure she won't start the OGs but she got such minimal playing time this VNL and we can know for absolute pretty sure she won't start the OGs.

Peace out Yuki :rose:

• I have a feeling Momii wants to be like Wolosz. The waterfall push throw ....as much as possible. The angle of her high toss works better than Tashiro imo. I haven't paid enough attention to Seki so I can't say what her advantage is over Momii. In clips, she looks a lot faster.

• No surprise Saori Sakoda knows what's what :)