Japan Women's NT 2021

• That Serbia match is my favorite re-watch. Makes me homesick for old school Japanese defense. Yurie was everywhere :heart:

• Oh man. One step up in offense, two steps back in defense didn't work.

I think Momii did okay but she's really got to get it out of her head that Kurogo is not Annie

• Oh man. One step up in offense, two steps back in defense didn't work.

I think Momii did okay but she's really got to get it out of her head that Kurogo is not Annie

And Kurogo still did well today (beside some sloppy defenses) compared to everyone else but yeah, Momii forced her into becoming some kinda player that she is simply not.

In Japan's defense (not pun intended but ok xD) this was one of their worst games in the tournament meeting new players that were ready to compete. It wasn't this bad every match.

• And Kurogo still did well today (beside some sloppy defenses) compared to everyone else but yeah, Momii forced her into becoming some kinda player that she is simply not.

In Japan's defense (not pun intended but ok xD) this was one of their worst games in the tournament meeting new players that were ready to compete. It wasn't this bad every match.

I think their worst match was against Brazil in prelim. Ttoday wasn't that bad. I mean, Turkey just had this giant halo hanging over them. It's hard to play against that

• I went through their best scores for every match and it bothers me that KuroKogaMayu trio's scoring ability isn't hitting it big. Even during the match with Poland, Stysiak managed to outscore Koga and that was the only time she peaked at 26 pts. I'm sure Koga can do better than that

• Unlikely they will get a medal in this olympics.

It's very very very unlikely. When you look at how Japan played against any team here that was close to full squad, they got ONE set (against Brazil in the SF). And their wins against scrub squads were not very convincing, except against Serbia -- where Yuki Ishii played :dance6:

• I went through their best scores for every match and it bothers me that KuroKogaMayu trio's scoring ability isn't hitting it big. Even during the match with Poland, Stysiak managed to outscore Koga and that was the only time she peaked at 26 pts. I'm sure Koga can do better than that

that should be the opp's role. kurogo is damn strong but doesn't seem to be at that level smashing past 20+

Interesting. The thing for me is that --in theory, based on years of viewing --- KuroKogaMayu are all capable of swinging 50 times without dropping %. Yuki, Risa, Nabeya aren't. I thought that would be a good thing , but ...

In other words, YRN go 4/10, maybe 8/20, but 10or11/30, 13/40, etc. ... KKM can do 20/50 pretty reliably unless it's just a bad day. I thought that would help

The other thing tho, is that Japan splits up the scoring better than most teams with big OP scorers so Total points for an individual isn't that big of a marker for me ... maybe it should be :/

• Interesting. The thing for me is that --in theory, based on years of viewing --- KuroKogaMayu are all capable of swinging 50 times without dropping %. Yuki, Risa, Nabeya aren't. I thought that would be a good thing , but ...

In other words, YRN go 4/10, maybe 8/20, but 10or11/30, 13/40, etc. ... KKM can do 20/50 pretty reliably unless it's just a bad day. I thought that would help

Yeah I agree that's why it bothers me that they lacked scoring power all throughout. Koga managed to hit 26 pts twice, highest points among the 3 of them but was outscored by both Herbots and Stysiak.

• Yeah I agree that's why it bothers me that they lacked scoring power all throughout. Koga managed to hit 26 pts twice, highest points among the 3 of them but was outscored by both Herbots and Stysiak.

I wish ANYBODY on Japan played with the ... I dunno what to call it ... "killer instinct" , "violence" , "passion" Herbots plays with. None of them can't play like the size of Stysiak :rolll:

How many swings in that trio you mention [EDIT: Koga, Herbots, Stysiak, that is] to get those points? Koga seems more 'efficient', but I'm not sure

• Yeah I agree that's why it bothers me that they lacked scoring power all throughout. Koga managed to hit 26 pts twice, highest points among the 3 of them but was outscored by both Herbots and Stysiak.

If you see a Japanese player score 30, they have worked way too hard to get it.....

What I mean is that they have had to play tons of defense just to get an outside swing. Other teammates are not scoring and the team is too dependent on one player. When Shinnabe was playing she was like a 10-15 point player. If Japan gets more support from the middle, it helps the rest of the offense.

Also with Japan being so focused on using the left side of the net, the defense basically knows that you are going there. Have to spread the offense around the net to give them a chance to compete.