Japan Women's NT 2021

• Jersey numbers have changed apparently: https://en.volleyballworld.com…n/teams/jpn-japan/players

I'm really bad with numbers :rolll:

• I thought Yuki Ishii was born with Lucky Number 7 tattooed on her back. I wonder what prompted the leap to #8 :|

• number did an article on kurogo, when i read it on yahoo topics the opinions were overwhelmingly negative because her numbers were less than koga and mayu

kurogo also looked out of it during the official virtual gathering of national teams

• Shinnabe was 12 during London Olympics and 3 in Hisamitsu. Her number isn't 4

Don't you remember the admonitions: "Avoid number 4. Don't serve to number 4"?

[Edit] oh, unless the Olympics are a special category, not including other NT tournaments. Is that why they switched numbers?

• oh, unless the Olympics are a special category, not including other NT tournaments. Is that why they switched numbers?

no other team has switched numbers that i know of. for example, Ebrar of Turkey still has that #99.... and I honestly can't imagine well known players such as Zhu, Kim, Boskovic*, Egonu, Larson, Goncharova, etc. changing from their numbers (2, 10, 18, 18, 10, 8 )

Saori had #3 and I don't think she changed it much.

* used to be #19 but that was because a more senior team member had #18. Athletes really like their numbers I guess...

• no other team has switched numbers that i know of. for example, Ebrar of Turkey still has that #99.... and I honestly can't imagine well known players such as Zhu, Kim, Boskovic*, Egonu, Larson, Goncharova, etc. changing from their numbers (2, 10, 18, 18, 10, 8 )

Saori had #3 and I don't think she changed it much.

* used to be #19 but that was because a more senior team member had #18. Athletes really like their numbers I guess...

Araki, Saori, Ishii, Nagaoka all had default numbers and now Koga sticking with 2 both in the NT and club just like Nagaoka with 1

• Araki, Saori, Ishii, Nagaoka all had default numbers and now Koga sticking with 2 both in the NT and club just like Nagaoka with 1

Yeah, can't imagine Koga not being #2.

I don't get why Araki is not #5, or why Shimamura is not #9, or why Ishii is not #7 (#7 isn't even taken!), or Kobata not being #14.

• Yeah, can't imagine Koga not being #2.

I don't get why Araki is not #5, or why Shimamura is not #9, or why Ishii is not #7 (#7 isn't even taken!), or Kobata not being #14.

They really skipped her # 7 just so she can have 8 :lol: but 4 + 4 = 8 (Shinnabe + Nagaoka)

• Zhu Ting is #2 on NT but # 5 on Vakifbank. Shinnabe used #4 before too. I remembered that “avoid serving #4” against Netherlands. Saori used #18 in London Olympics although she is iconic #3. Roberta is #12 on club but #9 on NT.

the only ones i am sure never change their number were Sheilla #13, Fofao #3, Jacqueline #8, Goncharova #8.

• Yeah, can't imagine Koga not being #2.

Araki's original number was 11 tho. She became #5 when she got married.

• Isn't this the old Manabe trick? Change everybody's number and give them the same haircut so they don't know who is who :box:

• Spiders have 8 legs :teach:

• It's a pity Sakoda never got a jersey number in the top 10 which was odd given her impact it was established during the Oriental Witches era the aces would always be in the top 5