Japan Women's NT 2021

• A Deepl translation of that tweet thing is slightly different:

"According to officials at Shinai High School...

No broken bones, just a sprain.

He said.

"I want to participate even if I have to take painkillers and taping."

• I really don't think there's a need to worry haha

Ankle sprains are very common in sports, and athletes very often push through it with taping and physio (+ cold sprays and painkillers if need be)

It's not often that it becomes something worse - you just delay your recovery or take longer to recover after everything

(though she better not land awkwardly on it and twist it again, wear an ankle splint if need be, but taping should be sufficiently supportive)

But I definitely do think she should give it a full rest tomorrow, and preferably also in the 3rd match, then return for the 4th and 5th one.

After all Japan can afford to lose to Serbia & Brazil (2nd & 3rd match), and can advance past the pools as long as they beat Korea or Dom (best if both).

Better to recover even a little in 1 week, to be better against Korea & Dom, and for knockout rounds after

• Check the quotes, Japanese people don't recognise it. Local prefecture news do not have power to get inside information at this time

It's all Tweetfarts :cheesy: The land of people who talk shit they know nothing about. I'm just playing along

... As Hinotorious says: "Nothing is true unless it comes from JVA ."

• Well ... I hope Japan does move the Kurogo, and her obsessively measured swing, to the left side. Too bad Hayashi didn't spend the last two years hitting Momii tosses from the right side of the court That would have been helpful

• Jokes aside, you summarised it well. They also have the best physio in Japan, one of the bests anyway, from Hisamitsu. Given Nakada's pattern, she will most likely force Koga to go out there since they're against a powerful team. What I don't like is that Nakada is willing to overuse Koga instead of alternating between her and Ishii so that each key player remains consisten and prevent burnout.

• that could also be the reason for her not trying to chase after balls anymore

:) I don't think that's true of her NT play, maybe SAGA play. I wouldn't chase after balls in that context either. Smart girl

:serve: I'm here for Yuki 'til the end :P

• there is no way Nabeya is playing. After the tournament starts you cannot replace players. All teams had 12 players named. They were all conforming to requirements for Covid testing, etc.

Alternates were participating until a certain date. After the start of the tournament, alternates are not allowed.

When did alternates participate when the tournament just started? Let's say 3 of their aces get injured will the team have to withdraw from there and no longer play if the others aren't able to carry out the responsibility? What's the point of having alternates then

• Lucky you guys, we have to live with "Nothing is true, even if it comes from the CVA"

Especially if it comes from CVA.:P

If they are smart, they really shouldn't rush her comeback, and I don't say that just because I have a vested interest. Even if it's a best case scenario, her leg is sore and vulnerable now, they should not test their luck again so soon after they got (assuming those news are true) a lucky break (pun not intended, I swear!:white:).

• Especially if it comes from CVA.:P

If they are smart, they really shouldn't rush her comeback, and I don't say that just because I have a vested interest. Even if it's a best case scenario, her leg is sore and vulnerable now, they should not test their luck again so soon after they got (assuming those news are true) a lucky break (pun not intended, I swear!:white:).

"especially" is reserved for the players and coaches :D