Japan Women's NT 2021

• Wait really?

Wait

I thought you love Kurogo

Had to refrain from saying anything about her

Why? I suppose I've tried to be supportive , but I've never posted a single ... Kurogo :rose:... type thing. Never

Oh. I know. I loved that bitch face pic of her

• What will it takes to bring Japan NT to its glory days? I feel like these days they are in the lower part of 2nd tier team.

New coach will probably help

• a bit late, should I watch this match? :rolll:

it's tedious

• I thought Kotona did really well, for what it's worth :thumbup:

• Please let Kotona start next time!

In place of who? :)

• She did well in place of Kurogo but this means that Ishii has to play :)

I wouldn't mind to see how she does in place of Ishii but that would mean having Kurogo on court :)

yeah, it was a trick question :)

I think she should start in place of Ishii, and let Yuki take over for the Kurogo if she struggles.

But we haven't seen Kotona try to play a full match yet.

Either way, Yuki needs to come off the bench

• My issue with Kurogo being called an ace is that . . . it might not be true entirely, but it's true for Momii. Whenever they need a point Momii would give it to Kurogo which is double-edged. The usual Japanese ace has very thin and fast spikes that can find their way off the opponent's defense on their own (exaggeration but you get the idea). This is not the case for Kurogo. She mostly misjudges the blocks and her spikes are too thick (can easily be found by the defense). A single block by Fe Garay would still go right into her arms straight down. 😬😬😬

• My issue with Kurogo being called an ace is that . . . it might not be true entirely, but it's true for Momii. Whenever they need a point Momii would give it to Kurogo which is double-edged. The usual Japanese ace has very thin and fast spikes that can find their way off the opponent's defense on their own (exaggeration but you get the idea). This is not the case for Kurogo. She mostly misjudges the blocks and her spikes are too thick (can easily be found by the defense). A single block by Fe Garay would still go right into her arms straight down. 😬😬😬

I like this thick and thin analogy

• What will it takes to bring Japan NT to its glory days? I feel like these days they are in the lower part of 2nd tier team.

Height......

Playing outside of Japan in a tougher league.....

Running more of the offense through the middles.....

Having an actual opposite who plays the position in their club team....

• I was searching for the match results, who is she? :rolll:

Where is that from? I kind of recognize her but not really. She's wearing the same uniform collar. Bizarre!

• Google,

weird and wild.

my google search results for women volleyball olympics don't look like that

• Hayashi played really well in the past 2 games, as OH vs Serbia and Opp vs Brazil. I would love for her to have more playing time, but I am also unsure on who should she replace. If she's off the bench, she can either replace an OH or Opp, whoever is not playing well in that game. I think I'll just wish they put her in immediately if something is not working, instead of just the last set.