Japan Women's NT 2021

• Is the Kurogo still playing?

• That was a really fun match for the most part :thumbup:

• Clutch performance by the Koreans. Japan had 2 match points but cannot close it out.

You can tell Nakada was super nervous during that stretch.

winner takes all against DR for the last match then winner will face Italy in the QF.

Do you think Japan will beat DR? DR pushed Brazil into 5 sets

• Honestly this generation is a weak era for Japanese Wing Spikers. That's all I can say.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• She had a loser face on during the 5th set, idk how to describe it... but when she has that face it means that they're going to lose;)

It's a Toray thing

One thing I don't like about aggressive servers is that if they pull back on it (which Mayu clearly did) the attack confidence follows it

• Koga, coming back from injuries, had 70+ swings. That is almost 13 swings per set. A true fighter.

I hope she's still got more fight in her

Momii sort of over used the Kurogo earlier in the tournament and then ignored her tonight

• I hope she's still got more fight in her

Momii sort of over used the Kurogo earlier in the tournament and then ignored her tonight

what else can be done? Can they stop pretending that Kurogo is the ace and just admit that Koga is carrying this team on her back with an injured leg? Give the girl her credit. She came in, barely recovered, and already taking most swings and scored most than all the other players.

• what else can be done? Can they stop pretending that Kurogo is the ace and just admit that Koga is carrying this team on her back with an injured leg? Give the girl her credit. She came in, barely recovered, and already taking most swings and scored most than all the other players.

I think they did stop pretending. The Kurogo didn't start the match and then when she came in Momii ignored her. That must have been an ego blow :white:

I wonder how she will respond

• Honestly this generation is a weak era for Japanese Wing Spikers. That's all I can say.

Frankly, imho, not really weak, but rather unstable. Japan's batches or to be more exact - OHs line-up during 2000 and 2004 Olympic circle were not any better - if not worse - than the Koga/Ishikawa duo atm. But at least we had Takeshita and those legend MBs back then.

It's so bizarre to see Japan lost today. I don't want to blame any of the players but Nakada is really a big dissapointment :whistle:. I had such high expectation for her games after 2017 season :down:. Hopefully they will win the last match fair and square to advance further. Otherwise, i'm afraid they would face much worse backlash than Takeshita and her teammate after failing to reach Olympic stage in 2000.