Japan Women's NT 2021

• Not as head coach of course. But if they get him instead of the 2 sub coaches from Toyota who were also former players, it might help strengthen the coaching altogether.

This is who I want in the NT even as an assistant coach. He was head coach of Chuo when Ishikawa was still in uni. He was with Higashiyama when they won the HS championship.

• he worked with a lot of the golden girls and brought japan’s success. Why he left the team?

Maybe because they didnt got any medal at the last olympics. So they thought he’s not ideal anymore to keep the position. and also during that time Hisamitsu was pretty much dominating the japan v league. So they opted to Get Nakada. I still prefer manabe over nakada by a very long margin.

• This is who I want in the NT even as an assistant coach. He was head coach of Chuo when Ishikawa was still in uni. He was with Higashiyama when they won the HS championship.

He's currently consulting Toray too (both men and women's)

• well still better than nakada. Literally nothing has been achieved since she took over. Went downhill. Japan became mediocore team.

Nakada brought SAGA back to its glory day just like Manabe, so JVA might have thought she would follow Manabe's legacy for national Team and got another medal at Tokyo 2020. Then voila, Team got eliminated right at group stage :rolll:.

• Personally I don't like Nakagaichi. The men's team thrives because of Ishikawa and Nishida's ability. Takahashi also has the some potential Ishikawa had during his start. That's why I believe that while having a good coach is certainly a must, ultimately it lies with having exceptional players. Which is what the women's team severely lacks.

• Personally I don't like Nakagaichi. The men's team thrives because of Ishikawa and Nishida's ability. Takahashi also has the some potential Ishikawa had during his start. That's why I believe that while having a good coach is certainly a must, ultimately it lies with having exceptional players. Which is what the women's team severely lacks.

Nakagaichi was able to form this team because he was mostly consistent with the players he called to the NT. I don't think his setters changed since he became coach.

• Nakagaichi was able to form this team because he was mostly consistent with the players he called to the NT. I don't think his setters changed since he became coach.

But you also have to consider the rate of injuries and performance. Miyashita declined after Rio. During the latest season, Ugajin brought a better impact to Okayama.

• First post. Japan's loss was disheartening to watch. Only Koga seems to believe they can win. The defense was actually good but ultimately DOM wants it more. Ishikawa and Kurogo was tentative all match long and is unable to convert. I was kind of expecting the defeat, given that Nakada has to pull it our her *** to create this team [due to sudden retirements and injuries] but I do think she should have been more confident with her ward. She was shell shock every time errors pile in and is adamant in making key changes. Ultimately, this Japanese style must change. The win during 2012 has gone and went. Volleyball teams have been more aggressive offense and defense wise that the old adage "Japanese" style volleyball is losing its edge day by day. Imposing Middles and taller all around OHs must be trained in future pipelines. AND a key change it culture and mindset is a must. Wishing the team well next Olympics.

• This OG team is not Nakada's team anyway, it's Aihara's team.

What is it that makes you say that?

That he might be anti-Miyashita is, for me, less about Miyashita personally and more about what he thinks about defense

And if he is responsible for making it the Kurogo's team and Nakada just had to mouth the words, I'm concerned

• Is it because Mayu and Yamada made the cut?

• The lack of coherency in roles, tactic and overall strategy - literally no vision. They went to VNL, let all the young girls play it out, went into the Olympics with a fixed lineup from VNL, there you go that's the strategy.

Koga was their best attacker, Ishikawa followed but Nakada names Kurogo the ace

Brings FOUR middles. 2 of them barely played. Okumura never played during the China friendly but eliminates Nabeya without batting an eye

Ishii was the 2019 ace, the only Hisamitsu daughter, a key figure. But when they were prepping for VNL there was never any mention of her anymore

Made Nagaoka suffer for 2 whole years or more. Made her re-debut in V League to prep for NT, names her the top seed during the China friendly. Never used during VNL.

None of it makes sense