Japan Women's NT 2021

• Yoshihara's former teammate, Motoko Obayashi, said JT is a goofy team that doesn't overthink situations. Momii is clearly a fave there's no denying that, Tanaka seems to be one of her faves too. The girl beside Tanaka on the left is the team clown, I don't know her name but she also gets along well with Drews.

meguro

• I thought Ai Otomo was a good attacker too. She was the one that Japan used for back-row slides. I don't have the time to find some games now, but she did it a few times in the 2004 Olympics. Sugiyama was very fast, but Otomo was a bit fast too and a bit more powerful.

• You see in this picture there are 4 MBs - apart from Yoshihara, we have number 10 Horai, number 12 Sugiyama, number 5 Omura. During this time, there were still loads of other decent MBs to choose from in Premier league, like Otomo of NEC (she missed this WC due to personal reason), Araki and Nishiwaki of Toray, Sakino of Saga, Tajimi of Pioneer Red Wings, Eto and Moriyama of JT. A year or 2 later, this list was even longer with Inoue of Denso, the Okayama duo - Yamaguchi and Mori, Naito of Takefuji Bamboo and so on.

I thought Ai Otomo was a good attacker too. She was the one that Japan used for back-row slides. I don't have the time to find some games now, but she did it a few times in the 2004 Olympics. Sugiyama was very fast, but Otomo was a bit fast too and a bit more powerful.

Totally agree, Otomo was the best JPN MB at slide attack. Another expert was Sakino.

Sugiyama was super consistent, ultra quick on her feet, and always scored when needed the most.

I just remember Yamaguchi was switched to Opp in national Team from 2009 to 2012. I could never see that coming, back in the day lol.

• Watch her serve at 10:14.

Ha! That old school serve. Uchiseto used to do that

• FIVB's official photographer in Japan is quite entertaining on IG. I wish I knew how to save instagram stories. I guess they fired that hentai photographer who was also the photographer during Araki's wedding.

Anyway dude doesn't like Kurogo but very subtle on the shade. I think he's the one who runs japan.volleyball as he also speaks perfect English and is able to post every content without it getting taken down. His faves seem to be Koga, Nagaoka and Mayu.

• FIVB's official photographer in Japan is quite entertaining on IG. I wish I knew how to save instagram stories. I guess they fired that hentai photographer who was also the photographer during Araki's wedding.

Anyway dude doesn't like Kurogo but very subtle on the shade. I think he's the one who runs japan.volleyball as he also speaks perfect English and is able to post every content without it getting taken down. His faves seem to be Koga, Nagaoka and Mayu.

there are apps to save em, pretty easy to find :P

• Wait since the Asian Championships are happening on October will Yoshihara continue with the existing squad or will she have to form a new squad? Who is the assistant coach? And who will be JT's coach?

• Wait since the Asian Championships are happening on October will Yoshihara continue with the existing squad or will she have to form a new squad? Who is the assistant coach? And who will be JT's coach?

How do we know that they're not going to change the dates again? but if it does clash with V League, there isn't enough time to choose outside of the wide roster. Yoshihara will have to make that decision asap so they can train properly for the NT instead of with their respective clubs.

I don't know when Tashiro is leaving for France.

Japan isn't attending the Asian Championships, and Yoshihara isn't the new coach ... unless I missed the announcement :/

• She's not? omg

We batted around the idea and there was gossip that JVA liked her but as far as I know it's just speculation at this point. There's no announcement on the JVA page AFAICT

• makes me remember Asako Tajimi’s jump serve. 😀

• No official news from JVA but Yoshihara is the lead candidate to be the new coach

The Japanese women's national volleyball team, which lost to the Dominican Republic in the women's first round league and failed to advance to the final tournament, found out on the 2nd that Tomoko Yoshihara (51), the coach of JT in the V-League, is a leading candidate for the next coach. The term of Kumi Nakata, 55, will expire at the Tokyo Olympics, and the Japan Association will hold a committee to select a candidate for the position.

Yoshihara, a former member of the Japanese national team, was appointed coach of JT in 2003. That season, he led the team, which had been languishing in the second division of the V-League, to victory, and was promoted to the first division in the replacement round. The team won the championship for two consecutive seasons in 2007 and 2008, and his ability has been highly evaluated. She has also sent setter Aki Momii (20), outside hitter Kotona Hayashi (21), and libero Mako Kobata (28) to the Japanese national team.

https://hochi.news/articles/20210803-OHT1T51003.html

• Who is the new coach?

Not decided yet ... see the next post by Phoenix

• I was for Yoshihara until someone here wrecked the idea for me. And now I really want NEC's old coach, Akinori Yamada, because he's more photogenic

• I went through articles of possible coaches to replace Nakada but so far Yoshihara is the only one the press focuses on. That Hochi article states that Aihara is not being considered.

In 2019, Suntory's former coach, Katsutoshi Tsumagari, was on the radar to replace Nakada but his name has completely disappeared now.