Japan Women's NT 2021

• If you've read the description this tryout is for elementary school kids.

Boys and girls in the sixth grade of elementary school, why don't you take the first step toward becoming a volleyball player?

No previous volleyball experience is required to participate in the audition. If you have never played a sport before, if you play other sports, or if you want to use your height and athletic ability in volleyball, we welcome you. We are looking forward to seeing many challengers.

• JVA Elite Academy https://www.jva.or.jp/index.php/topics/eaa2021

The "rejects" from Mayu's generation for example, go straight to V2 or startup clubs

Wow. so 6th grade is what? 12 years old? I didn't know Japan actually looked at finding players that young to cultivate (or not). I'm just becoming a little aware of the JOC (I think) thing. That's where Airi Furukawa seems to have made a name for herself. That's like 14-15 years old? There are a few other kids down there over 180 already

I still don't get the V2 angle though. It's a long way off, and how is JVA involved in where kids go? V2 teams like Chiba, Forest Leaves, etc., and some of the offshoot teams like Yamanashi Central Bank Sporting Bears, are teams where the girls go because they want a job in that field and the company just happens to have a volleyball team. I guess in some indirect way if the JVA rejected you at age 12, you shouldn't aim for a spot on SAGA's bench.

• This maybe like the JOC MVP or something from 2001-2019. A lot of big names on this list.

01 - Saori Kimura

02 - Maiko Kano

03 - Maiko Kano

04 - Koyomi Tominaga

05 - Saki Minemura

06 - Akutagawa Aika

07 - Mari Horikawa

08 - Riho Otake

09 - Sakura Doi

10 - Akari Takeuchi

11 - Sarina Koga

12 - Shino Nakata

13 - Airi Miyabe

14 - Yuka Yamaguchi

15 - Mayu Ishikawa

16 - Ayaka Araki

17 - Yoshino Nishikawa

18 - Airi Furukawa

19 - Rino Takizawa

• Cool! Thanks for that. Interesting names on there for me:

• Sakura Doi was a major beast of what I saw of her in HS ... then, nothing really
    • Shino Nakata always seems like she has more gas in her tank than she plays with. Toray. Bad.
    • Yuka Yamaguchi has the cutest smile ever :) She plays with Tsukasa Nakagawa at Tokai. Curious what will happen with her
    • Rino Takizawa has popped up in a lot of places. I had so much trouble figuring out her name. I decided on "Rin", but anyway, she looks quite promising, 184 at Hachiojijissen now, probably JT in a year

Also Yoshino Nishikawa, who seems like she peaked earlier and better than her sister Yuki

[Edit]: I don't get Maiko Kano :S

• Cool! Thanks for that. Interesting names on there for me:

• Sakura Doi was a major beast of what I saw of her in HS ... then, nothing really
    • Shino Nakata always seems like she has more gas in her tank than she plays with. Toray. Bad.
    • Yuka Yamaguchi has the cutest smile ever :) She plays with Tsukasa Nakagawa at Tokai. Curious what will happen with her
    • Rino Takizawa has popped up in a lot of places. I had so much trouble figuring out her name. I decided on "Rin", but anyway, she looks quite promising, 184 at Hachiojijissen now, probably JT in a year

Also Yoshino Nishikawa, who seems like she peaked earlier and better than her sister Yuki

[Edit]: I don't get Maiko Kano :S

I did a quick search on Sakura Doi on matome and apparently she got pregnant early on, not exactly official so I don't know if it's a fact.

Toray Nishikawa is cute. She's like a puppy

• Sakura Doi on matome and apparently she got pregnant early on

hmm .. maybe when she was in college. It happens :)

I don't think she ever played much the few years she was with Hitachi. I love the name Sakura and she always seemed kind of badass

• What do you mean? like you don't get why she's considered good?

I have never seen her in action tbh but every news about her is about her face

yep and yep

When I first got into this and was learning about, googling, players I couldn't escape this one gif of her wiggling her ass . never saw her in a highlight reel playing volleyball

• yep and yep

When I first got into this and was learning about, googling, players I couldn't escape this one gif of her wiggling her ass . never saw her in a highlight reel playing volleyball

Did she even play during the London Olympics:/ she just seems like that one girl who was hanging out with Japan's best players. She is gorgeous though and yeah she did make the NT but her actual skills as a player are sus.

• A lot of big names on this list.

You changed your avatar :thumbup: (not that Yurie was bad)

#gogoHitachi :super:

• Kano was bestfriends with Sakoda and Sakoda was close to Saori ofc and Nagaoka. That was the first circle I was exposed to. I've only seen a couple videos of Kano setting in Hisamitsu but she never played with Nagaoka because her toss was not a good match, they only got along because both were weirdos back then.

By the way who is the girl on the right. She looks like Shion Hirayama

• By the way who is the girl on the right. She looks like Shion Hirayama

it does ! I think it's ... uhm, she played for Denso ... um ... Ishida?

I didn't know they were all weirdos back then. I love weirdos. I really came to this late

Oh. Kano was a setter ? :rolll: No way. I don't get her

• What's her first name? Shion's oneesan was also a volleyball player I thought that might be her

https://women.volleybox.net/mizuho-ishida-p7272/clubs

• I have never seen any videos of Maiko Kano on the court playing with Saori, Araki etc. did she only make the NT for London? because that was the only thing that solidified her reputation

• I have never seen any videos of Maiko Kano on the court playing with Saori, Araki etc. did she only make the NT for London? because that was the only thing that solidified her reputation

I wouldn't say it solidified her rep as a player. Her face landed her a career after volleyball. She's easy to look at, has good style and is not awkward.