Japan Women's NT 2021

• When did she start? I don't recall seeing her last season. How tall is she?

175cm ... She came in with the Dec/Jan Uni draft, and played right away. There weren't a lot of matches left, though

Reg Season:

29/75-2 @38.7% ... 62% reception on 35 touches

V Cup:

12/27-1 @44.4% ... 73% reception on 26 touches

So she wasn't full time, but did well

Yurie Nabeya

Sanae Watanabe OP

Melissa Valdes Op-ish

Minami Takaso

Mikoto Shima OP

Saki Goya OP (she's going to lose this battle, but she was Best OP her last year of HS with Higashi when they lost to Kinrankai)

Ayaka Horiguchi (C) she's a beast

I'm a little worried PFU is over-cooked

• I don't recall seeing her last season

You probably did, but beyond her odd gait she is rather unremarkable. Just solid and dependable.

Really made my day that of all the players Takeshita could have mentioned, she picked her

haru_12 might have links to the 2019 Universiade matches she played in. they were good videos, with a bitchin' squad that included Takaso, Mami Yokota, Mayu Oikawa, Matsui, and Saki Tanaka!

• Fun match with Hungary's "Casual Friday" awesome coach:

Arisa Inoue walks around like an English aristocrat drinking tea, but she was kinda the big gun of that tournament

• Wait is #10 Denso's MB. Holy shit it's 2 hours I'll have to watch the whole thing another time

Regarding the OG getting the "worst team" title that's a huge slump to get over and we don't know what other accidents could happen in the future. That's why I think it has to start with JVA giving them the necessary and best possible training practices to ensure the health of all their athletes. I don't see anything about it on their website. In the first place, weren't they about to change the president? what happened to that?

I had to do some research on the women's basketball team, they had some incredible upgrades in equipment and trainers to ensure the fitness of every member and this all happened when that volleyball lady took over.

The men's team have over 50 trainers while the women's team only have 10 including Saga/Nagaoka's physiotherapist. When Koga got injured the doctors and therapists that came to her aid were all from the men's team. There's such an overwhelming difference that you definitely get the sense JVA is the one who gave up on the women's team.

Just me venting but I hope these issues get some kind of attention. It's one thing to find and develop players which is of course a priority but what if they all start getting injured one by one again and by 2024 they have to rely on whoever's healthy enough to put out there.

• Wait is #10 Denso's MB

yes

• I'm glad you vent about this. It's something I never think about. I just assume they're being taken care of

• Matsui does look confident and gives clear instructions so you know she's in command which is what I think Momii lacked while in the NT. I get that the difference in pressure is huge but that's something I want to see Momii do. I like both setters. Someone pointed this out already before the NT became active but Momii is really awkward when it comes to defense but it has a lot to do with her build

• Matsui does look confident and gives clear instructions so you know she's in command which is what I think Momii lacked while in the NT. I get that the difference in pressure is huge but that's something I want to see Momii do. I like both setters. Someone pointed this out already before the NT became active but Momii is really awkward when it comes to defense but it has a lot to do with her build

It's funny, when I first noticed Momii in her Summer League debut, it was her defense that caught my eye. That's the first thing I look for in a setter :) Ya'll may know I have this fetish about keeping the ball off the floor in front of the three point line. I think her defense (at that, anyway) has also been good with JT , but no getting around she was "awkward" with NT. I write it off as the pressure to be offense/setter took up her head

• It's funny, when I first noticed Momii in her Summer League debut, it was her defense that caught my eye. That's the first thing I look for in a setter :) Ya'll may know I have this fetish about keeping the ball off the floor in front of the three point line. I think her defense (at that, anyway) has also been good with JT , but no getting around she was "awkward" with NT. I write it off as the pressure to be offense/setter took up her head

In her mind she probably wanted to do more of that Ognjenovic waterfall attack to help with scoring but the opponents already have their hands to where she's about to dump so it just ends up with her having to literally push the ball in... forcibly

• I remember posting about JVA's election here but yeah there were not other follow ups on it so I assume everyone voted for Shimaoka to stay. Their main objective was to have more female members in the board of directors and they got 2 I think and called it a day

• In her mind she probably wanted to do more of that Ognjenovic waterfall attack to help with scoring but the opponents already have their hands to where she's about to dump so it just ends up with her having to literally push the ball in... forcibly

Someone , might have been you , brought that up in VNL too. She tried to get one and Yan Ni said no

• That Yan Ni incident was a brainfart moment. Momii was standing too near the net and was already holding up the ball with her one hand. Yan Ni was like wtf is this girl doing so she just hit the ball out of her hand before Momii could even set. I doubt we'll see an individual video of it but that was so amusing. Momii was so lost

• Fun match with Hungary's "Casual Friday" awesome coach:

I remember this match. It takes a dip but for the most part Matsui's connection with Yokota is Hot!

• This is a little off-topic but is there a reason why dating is not allowed for active NT players? I saw a fan tweeting about it last night. It didn't even occur to me that that might be a thing for athletes.

• This is a little off-topic but is there a reason why dating is not allowed for active NT players? I saw a fan tweeting about it last night. It didn't even occur to me that that might be a thing for athletes.

They are allowed to date, that's not something you can control anyway. They're just not allowed to share their relationship publicly or they put their partners at risk, this applies to family members as well

• They are allowed to date, that's not something you can control anyway. They're just not allowed to share their relationship publicly or they put their partners at risk, this applies to family members as well

At risk of what?

• Establishing team unity is not something that happens just because they played in VNL and won some games. The roster leading up to Nakada's OG was put together as an urgent team not the real team that Nakada wanted. I doubt she truly trusted certain players but had no other choice. It was already happening, she had to work with what's left.

Her term was riddled with players getting injured that ultimately led to hasty decisions particularly the tragic choice of bringing 4 MBs. Her coaching staff minus Aihara, bringing in 2 new sub coaches from Toyota was another questionable choice. Why Toyota? There were 2 former players who had nothing outstanding to offer. They didn't even have sufficient experience.

To sum it up the entire team including the staff was just bizarre.

• Her coaching staff minus Aihara, bringing in 2 new sub coaches from Toyota was another questionable choice. Why Toyota? There were 2 former players who had nothing outstanding to offer. They didn't even have sufficient experience.

Can you speak to this quote from Takeshita? Is she talking about those Toyota people? I'm a Lovebunny fan but it appears he isn't highly regarded in the vb world? I can take it :)

"There was no explanation as to why the coach in charge of training suddenly became the top team coach in the first place."

What/who is that about? Who is this "coach in charge of training"? I didn't think Lovebunny was a training coach. Is she going back to Ferhat? Or is it about Nakada? I don't think she would dis on Nakada

Also, I was very disappointed this SAGA dude was not included. He was the one who told players where to serve. Do you know anything about why he missed out

Shun Toyokihara