Japan Women's NT 2021

• Probably true but we're just thinking about next year

SAGA has those two youngster MBs, Shion and Ayaka, but I'm unsure of their rehab status. I think if healthy they will be in our future

• You can tell from the look in her eyes she knows who the new NT coach is

• Today I am adamant all the JT and Toray players should be dismissed from the NT. They are kinda boring, and certainly uninspiring teams. The fire is in NEC. And it's tragic Captain Kirk is putting it out with BCS.

Time to be fresh and radical. Stop with the entitled players!

Matsui / YOLO

Koga / Uesaka

Yokota / Oikawa

libero :rose:

• theres some sort of drama with jva unfollowing nishida on insta. i dont think they unfollowed any of the female players...? probably just nishida then lol

They also unfollowed Yanagida weird

• NEC's new branding kills me. It's so ... brandy

• Nakada's comment is so basic, I doubt that was even from her. How come everyone retiring in Japan's volleyverse always say they have no regrets obviously that's bullshit. Literally everyone from Shinnabe, Iwasaka, Sato, etc. maybe only Ebata spoke her true feelings. Nakada knows people are wondering why tf she brought 4 middles. Could have at least explained that or idk actually take the time to give her side.

I understand she's probably tired of it all but this no regrets motto is starting to get annoying. How they gon progress from there if they don't wanna talk about what's wrong. That would have been a good time to address A LOT of issues but meh nO rEgretZ

• Nakada's comment is so basic, I doubt that was even from her. How come everyone retiring in Japan's volleyverse always say they have no regrets obviously that's bullshit. Literally everyone from Shinnabe, Iwasaka, Sato, etc. maybe only Ebata spoke her true feelings. Nakada knows people are wondering why tf she brought 4 middles. Could have at least explained that or idk actually take the time to give her side.

I understand she's probably tired of it all but this no regrets motto is starting to get annoying. How they gon progress from there if they don't wanna talk about what's wrong. That would have been a good time to address A LOT of issues but meh nO rEgretZ

I feel like JVA might not have wanted her to say anything further. Their statements/announcements have all been very basic.

• Shinnabe did express regret mostly because she left Iwasaka hanging but I think ultimately #sheknew the team was already missing so many things and wanted out before she ran out of excuses. She didn't even bother with the PR that time unlike Saori, Rio, Takeshita and shameless Maiko who were all contracted for T20. Right now Sano is the commentator for paravolley.

• if nakada went into detail it would probably sound really petty like "well i was left with flops, i couldnt take my children, shimaoka left us to rot, you cant expect me to do the impossible but thanks for the support lol bye forever"

just imagine the drama that would unfold

• if nakada went into detail it would probably sound really petty like "well i was left with flops, i couldnt take my children, shimaoka left us to rot, you cant expect me to do the impossible but thanks for the support lol bye forever"

just imagine the drama that would unfold

Nakada has always marched to her own drum. Being on the national team so young, coaching overseas, modeling, etc.

She has been successful in the club realm, but trying to take different parts and create a whole can be difficult. Her first year she had some surprises in 2017 with a new look team. 2018 at the World Championships, was probably as far the best that this team could do. I think that if it was 2020 with Shinnabe, there would be a better result, but still not a medal.

Japan is not big on off court drama (except for celebrities). JVA was going to keep this announcement as bland as possible.

• I don't care if the announcements are bland since it doesn't mean that the issues were not discussed internally, anyway. That's just how PR goes. I would be way more surprised if they discussed things negatively and started a drama.

I hope they will be able to find the best replacement for the coach and the whole staff.

• I just came across The Witches of the Orient documentary about Japan’s legendary NT that won gold at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. Their ace passed away last year. It was just released last month. I don't think it's available in Japan yet. It's fully in French with some Japanese dialogues which is such a pain in the ass to follow. I searched for it online and the only thing available has Japanese subs. I haven't seen it yet, still looking for English subs.

• I just came across The Witches of the Orient documentary about Japan’s legendary NT that won gold at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics. Their ace passed away last year. It was just released last month. I don't think it's available in Japan yet. It's fully in French with some Japanese dialogues which is such a pain in the ass to follow. I searched for it online and the only thing available has Japanese subs. I haven't seen it yet, still looking for English subs.

Their history is very much documented in Japan as this is one of the reasons the expectations are so high for the women's team.

Nippon Seimei (Life Insurance) had an ad with the 2019 World Cup with the women of 1964, and made them into anime that played against the national team in 2019, with many players that we would recognize. It is a pretty cool ad from the standpoint of saluting these women and trying to show that the current team is trying to match them. (Being down 24-7? probably would have lost, but anyways)