Japan Women's NT 2021

• let's see what happen with manabe

I want to see hm because they put him as big japan coach and IMO he have a good generation (he have a lot of credit) but gonna see if he can bring success again to japan

• With Manabe as the NT head coach again, would it be a chance for Miyashita to be back to the NT and fight for a spot in the starting 6?

Personally I am all for it. As usual it will depend on her performance this season which btw would be a big dilemma for Kurogo if she decides to skip the whole season. It seems a lot of people both professionally and among elitist jp fans are expecting big things from Matsui (and Momii) and seeing as how Manabe also consults with Takeshita it's going to be a tough battle for her and Okayama has always ranked somewhere in the middle and never at the top which also counts as a disadvantage versus Seki for example.

• Personally I am all for it. As usual it will depend on her performance this season which btw would be a big dilemma for Kurogo if she decides to skip the whole season. It seems a lot of people both professionally and among elitist jp fans are expecting big things from Matsui (and Momii) and seeing as how Manabe also consults with Takeshita it's going to be a tough battle for her and Okayama has always ranked somewhere in the middle and never at the top which also counts as a disadvantage versus Seki for example.

NoSmilers made the Final a couple years ago and Miyashita looked very focused. I was surprised nothing came of that

Personally, I think these experiments with young setters hasn't panned out. Tominaga, Sato, Miyashita, and Tashiro provided better results. When Tashiro came in for Momii this summer it felt like a seat belt got fastened.

One of the problems (if 'problem' is the right word) with setters straight outta high school is they don't have experience using middle blockers in the way that big pants require. High Schoolers run that wild stuff I like where the MB and OP kind of overlap, with the OP taking more swings from 3 than the MB. So it may be an advantage for Mitsui that she went through Uni. That's where they learn to play with middles in a more traditional way. Uni girls love their middles.

I'll keep saying this until someone 'likes' it :) Manami Mandai won the Uni-Championship with middles. Moeka Kinoe MB, who hasn't even seen court time with NEC won best spiker and best scorer. You can't do that without getting pitches. And Moeka doesn't slide!

Time will tell how Mandai fits the big pants, and I'm waiting to see how Hitomi Shiode (NSSU) does when she shows up this winter -- Hopefully on Hitachi :heart:

• thanks adele :)

• thanks haruezuki :)

• Miyashita is in the mix, but Momii is the future, she has height and left handed. Seki if Toray is there will also be in the mix too. Tashiro will be in the mix too as the overseas experience will help.

• Number emphasizes the setter dilemma in Manabe's new NT

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/850242?page=2

Can we find an "axis" like Yoshie Takeshita?

The other issue is the setter. When Mr. Manabe took over for London, there was Yoshie Takeshita, who had an extensive career and was trusted by the players. In other words, there was an anchor in the first place. However, Takeshita retired before Rio, and it cannot be denied that a setter with a strong presence to replace her had not been developed.

After Nakada took over as coach, the team initially consisted of Koyomi Tominaga, Miya Sato, and Haruka Miyashita, followed by Kanami Tashiro, Tominaga, and Sato Including Miyashita and Tashiro, who were members of the Rio team, the team tried various forms, but could not decide on a core player. In the end, Aki Momii, who was 20 years old at the time of the tournament and was called up for the first time this year, became the regular setter for the Olympics.

Sato, who came close to becoming the regular setter, retired last year after the Olympics were postponed, and Momii had to wait for naturalization (note: Momii was a Peruvian citizen until high school).

The question of "who will be Japan's commander-in-chief" is one that Manabe is facing.

The situation is different from when Japan took on the London Olympics. How will he organize the new Japanese national team under such circumstances? The race against time has already begun.

• Koga and Ishikawa both trusted Momii but the chemistry was lacking with Kurogo. They were actually doing well during VNL for a team that was just put together albeit chaotically. In most cases it would have definitely been disastrous but that was clearly a level suited only for VNL among all the B/C teams with the exception of Brazil USA Turkey but they also lost to these teams which was already a sign that they weren't ready. Even if Sato had made the Olympic roster I doubt she could take the team very far. Their offense is too weak and their defense left too many holes.

I don't have an opinion on Miyashita since it's been awhile. But I just don't see Manabe returning any of the former Rio girls except maybe Shimamura she's in excellent shape right now. Hopefully Koga is recovering well and Kurogo also sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted.

• Koga and Ishikawa both trusted Momii but the chemistry was lacking with Kurogo. They were actually doing well during VNL for a team that was just put together albeit chaotically. In most cases it would have definitely been disastrous but that was clearly a level suited only for VNL among all the B/C teams with the exception of Brazil USA Turkey but they also lost to these teams which was already a sign that they weren't ready. Even if Sato had made the Olympic roster I doubt she could take the team very far. Their offense is too weak and their defense left too many holes.

I don't have an opinion on Miyashita since it's been awhile. But I just don't see Manabe returning any of the former Rio girls except maybe Shimamura she's in excellent shape right now. Hopefully Koga is recovering well and Kurogo also sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted.

Tashiro will be an option, with plenty of experience, starting may be different with her though.

• Matsui

• V.League ends April 17, 2022 -- VNL starts 6 weeks later May 31, 2022 =O

• Libero #1

• https://www.jva.or.jp/index.php/topics/20211022-1

"I am truly proud to be able to take on the challenge of carrying the Hinomaru flag again for the sake of Japanese volleyball. Based on our 10th place finish in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, I have a considerable sense of urgency; we will start in the spring of 2022, and the qualifying round for the Paris Olympics will begin in the summer of 2023. It is a very tight schedule. The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games did not require the host country to compete in the qualifying rounds, but the Paris Olympic Games will require the host country to win the qualifying rounds. The Olympic qualifying rounds will be even more pressure-packed than the Olympics, and the games will be extremely difficult. I would like to overcome this difficult situation with all Japan team members. What we can say now is that the minimum requirement is to qualify for the Paris Olympics. I would like to set a new goal for the Olympic Games after assessing the situation as well as my thoughts. In terms of height, it hasn't changed much from five years ago, but technically, their serve-receive has become more stable and the maturity of most outside hitters have improved. In particular, France's mens team and Argentina (who won medals at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics) are not very tall, but they were cohesive with few losses. There were many hints for Japan's women's volleyball.

Japan has a lot of young players, including gold medallists from the 2019 World Junior Championships, and I think they have a lot of potential. I believe that Japan has a lot of potential, and we can definitely make up for it and recover if we go into the All-Japan team. In terms of team building, I would like to solidify the core players as soon as possible and actively promote new players. It is also important to deploy staff who can help solve problems. Because of Japan's short stature, we cannot win by doing the same things as the rest of the world. We want to pursue an original Japanese women's volleyball team and a new Japanese women's national team."

Yours Truly, Manabe xoxo :*