Italian Women NT 2021

• Any info about Sylla, girls are already in Frankfurt traveling to Tokyso. She is with them or ?

• they’re not going to tokyo, they’re heading home.

sylla should still go to the OG according to this article

Ohh, thank you.

But literally I don’t see the point, She will need to rest for 2weeks at least. She will be again out of training and her rythm will be even worst…

So now it is clear that Pietrini or Sorokaite are gone be second OH next to Bosetti.

• Sylla's appointment as captain might be a mistake. It's kinda hard for her teammates to follow her lead when she's the one making the errors :aww:

It seems like Italy NT is trying to incorporate Conegliano's system into theirs. I just hope Malinov and the other OHs considerably improves their game in less than two weeks. Caterina needs a backup if she's having troubles receiving and none of the selected OHs are good enough. It would be most unfortunate if Italy underperforms at Tokyo specially when they have a lineup strong enough to challenge China for the gold.

• After the 3 friendly matches with Serbia, the staring line-up is clear now.

OH: C. Bosetti, Sylla

MB: Chirichella, Danesi

OPP: Egonu

S: Malinov or Orro

L: De Gennaro

The only uncertain position is the setter. Neither Malinov nor Orro shows consistent performance. So it's not clear who will be the starting setter. At the moment, I would say paring Malinov with Sylla and Orro with Pietrini could help the attack at left side.

The reception is the biggest issue at the moment. C. Bosetti is the only OH with relatively reliable reception. There is no backup OHs with good reception in the list. This could cause problems.

The middle blocker choices are rather easy. Both Chirichella and Danesi hold their starting postions. Looking the performance of the 3 friendly matches, the "people-hated" Chirichella had the best performance, and the "people-loved" Folie showed that she was not even ready. I really doubt that if Folie will be ready at all. Moreover, the shaky reception makes the attack from MB become difficult. We will see if bringing 4 MBs will make a difference for the team.

For the OPP and libero positions, there is other options. Maybe Sorokaite enter the court as OPP for one ore two matches. But I think she will most likely reserved as backup OH.

• the tem has travelled to japan

Let's see what happen

I was ok the team not going to vnl but imo they should have had at least the same amount of matches with good teams or at least half

• the tem has travelled to japan

Let's see what happen

I was ok the team not going to vnl but imo they should have had at least the same amount of matches with good teams or at least half

Didn't the Italian team have three great friendly matches against the Serbian team?

It's tough to have matches as many as or even just half of the bubble VNL under the pandemic situation.

Hard to imagine any team that just played in the VNL would have been interested in further friendly matches, even though they aren't engaged in Tokyo OG. That's why the other two teams (POL !? and whom) dropped from the originally small four-leg tournament along with ITA and SRB.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Didn't the Italian team have three great friendly matches against the Serbian team?

It's tough to have matches as many as or even just half of the bubble VNL under the pandemic situation.

Hard to imagine any team that just played in the VNL would have been interested in further friendly matches, even though they aren't engaged in Tokyo OG. That's why the other two teams (POL !? and whom) dropped from the originally small four-leg tournament along with ITA and SRB.

There was bulgary,poland and other teams that were in italy at the vnl

I think they could play,idk if itay call them

• Italy will play friendly match against Brazil tomorrow.

I would kill for live stream ;(

This friendly matches means so much for Italy. They have less playing time together than Brazil. So in every match they can grow.

I think they can reach really peak just in right time!!

• There is no streaming, for now Italy is leading 2-1 (25-21/25-17/23-25).

Easy two sets and one close

Lets go Italia

Starting six ?!

• You said messy Italy, We are just in warm up phase :box::box:

• If someone has stats post them here. Thank you.

Pretty sure because of injury Sylla is not gone be starter afterall. I’m just fine with it. Pietrini is bettet at reception and We need stability.

I think Serbia afterall is dangerous as hell ones again even without Veljkovic and Brankica in full force.

• this make some brazilian user on fb or yt be quiet

They love to talk shit in Italy and said their NT is better cause they'rr a team and not 1 player team and more