Italian Women NT 2021

• Sorokaite released a statement on Instagram. She says that it was her decision not to be part of the team for the ECH, and this decision was made BEFORE the Olympics.

Moreover, considering that the team’s Olympics experience didn’t go well, she would have liked to give something more on the court.

• That’s bad news for Italy… Especially for reception

• Caterina Bosetti got injured, Sofia D'Odorico is replacing her

When you thought that Italy's game can't get more messy than in Tokyo.

:gone:

I didn't have any expectations regardless, it's highly unlikely that out-of-shape team can get into shape in two weeks, predominantly spent on travelling through different time-zones, rest and some basic training.

But yeah, that's a killer.

• Caterina Bosetti got injured, Sofia D'Odorico is replacing her

I'm so sorry for Cate, she had quite a lot of injuries and always came back in great shape. I'm sure she will do it also this time:rose:

(fyi, volleyball.it talks about a foot toe fracture)

In the meanwhile, I like Sofia D'Odorico as her replacement, I think she has great potential to be an all around OH and I liked her attitude a lot in the VNL. I hope she will get some play time.

• I'm so sorry for Cate, she had quite a lot of injuries and always came back in great shape. I'm sure she will do it also this time :rose:

It's nowhere near as dangerous as in the past, I suppose, just unfortunate event.

In the meanwhile, I like Sofia D'Odorico as her replacement, I think she has great potential to be an all around OH and I liked her attitude a lot in the VNL. I hope she will get some play time.

She's weak offensively tho, but it is irrelevant, she will be 4th OH in Novara, so it's not like she'll improve with no playing time whatsoever.

Ironically, Gennari will be the one to rescue NT from Sylla-Pietrini disaster.

• Thank you God Gennari is their but still Cate Bosetti can’t be replaced easily….

And with terrible setters I don’t believe they can’t win Gold…

• Italian reception was not biggest problem at Olympics and reception doesn’t worry me but setter does:gone:

But Sylla and Pietrini duo can’t work, Gennari needs to be starter.

• Italian reception was not biggest problem at Olympics and reception doesn’t worry me but setter does:gone:

well yes setters were #1... but you (italy) can't do anything about the setters.

Both Sylla and Pietrini were under 50% success passing... that's not good

Italy’s biggest problem were both reception and setting because they go hand in hand. Look what happened to Serbia against USA. Serbia has Maja who is an amazing setter but she struggled because of poor reception. That’s how important reception is. Malinov is a boring setter but a good pass can at least give her more options where to set the ball and be more precise with it. Italy needs excellent reception to feed the MBs and Opp.

• What is Mazzanti expecting from ECH? They were crushed against Serbia and obviously they need some changes. At least they can change one of their setter. Folie and Sorokaite were also pointless at OG so I like the changes at these positions.

• What is Mazzanti expecting from ECH? They were crushed against Serbia and obviously they need some changes. At least they can change one of their setter. Folie and Sorokaite were also pointless at OG so I like the changes at these positions.

Given the OG experience, I would have loved if the ECH were used as a lab in view of next year’s world championship, by putting in another setter and let her build experience and become familiar with the team. But as far as I understand, Folie and Sorokaite had to make a decision the coach didn’t want to make, and leave for the team’s sake and possibly for self-respect. So, if he didn’t make the easiest decisions, the replacement of a setter was out of question from the start. That being said, these new additions will sure play (if they’ll be allowed to) with a lot more motivation than their teammates, which is definitely missing imo, and without it there’s no way to improve their game and fix the problems.

Yeah the should have bring bosio

but the changes were't because of him

Sorokaite said shewon't play ech and it was decided before OG and folie is because she want to recover her shape

• Im wondering how big was the blow from Italy vs China match. Did they for second underestimate China after the bad performance in OG?

I hope they also include having sessions with psychologist in the program, I think it's needed.