• Probably not the best thread to post it there, but I just found game between Kalisz and Amstelveen from 2008. On Dutch side, you can see some volley legends and coach Selinger.

• Probably not the best thread to post it there, but I just found game between Kalisz and Amstelveen from 2008. On Dutch side, you can see some volley legends and coach Selinger.

Wow, you brought back my memories!

I remember this team, it was like the whole dutch NT, except for Wensink I think. Ingrid. :rose: [*] What a great player she was.

And Barańska and Dziękiewicz on Kalisz’s side. :cheesy:

I liked the team from one year before, I think, even more, when Maria Liktoras was on there. Good old times for sure!

• Belien most likely will miss the VNL too due to her injury and subsequent surgery

https://nos.nl/artikel/2368495…volleybalster-belien.html (in Dutch)

Imo a big loss for NT because I'm not sure whether Robin will play this summer. On the other hand talents like Timmerman and Baijens will have a better chance of gaining experience

Even if she was ok i doubt she would play vnl

And imo netherlands should give chances to all their youngers

Maybe plak and lonneke don't return to volleyball and maret is one foot to retire,also robin and anne aren't that young enough so sooner or later they gonna need new blood and better to be prepared for that day

• I feel sorry for her, because she played pretty well so far this season and could have been on the radar of better teams for next season. I haven't seen this level of her since WCH 2018!

For me, the majority of the selection during VNL should consist of young talents, but Beliën could have been perfect to be part of the team as one of the "older" players. It's important there is atleast one player with some experience on every position, so they can help the youngsters develop furter. However, as you already mentioned, on the middle blocker position the Netherlands has the most prospects. This position can be easily filled in by Lohuis, Baijens, Timmerman and one of de Zwart, Polder or Korevaar.

Based on the performance during VNL, Selinger can make a decision which players will fill in the gapes for ECH that (possible) retired players will leave.

• Its unfortunate that Netherlands did not qualify to Tokyo. But they should take this missed opportunity to train their youngsters for the next Olympic cycle. They should start exposing the youngsters now and should not look at the short term results.

• PROJECT 2022

Last week 19 players got an invitation to be part of "Project 2022" which should lead to success at the 2022 WCH in home country.

The project offers the nineteen potential internationals the opportunity to invest everything in their professional volleyball career in a year and a half. The players will not play a competition, but will have a full-time training program at Papendal (top sport training center in the Netherlands) in order to develop further. The starting points for this include training for 25 hours a week, good medical supervision, individual techniques are refined to the Dutch playing style and there is control of the work-rest ratio with a view to the (overcrowded) agenda of the NT season. Ultimately, this investment should lead to a continuous position in the top eight in the world.Who these nineteen players are has not yet been announced. The program will include potential internationals from the Dutch first league or foreign competitions. The staff for this project is also unknown. The design of the selection, the program and the staff will be announced in March.

I'm not sure what to think of this program... Earlier, it was said that they would train in the Netherlands, but would play friendly games in Brazil, Japan and Italy. In my opinion, this is necessary for this project to succeed. I mean, training as much as possible together is good, but playing matches and facing a lot of different styles of play is necessary to develop as a player.

Some guesses who I think could be part of the program:

Setter:

Sarah van Aalen, 20, USC Münster

Floor Meinders, 19, Apollo 8

Anna Mebus, 20, TVS Düdingen

Opposite:

Elles Dambrink, 17, VCN

Jolijn de Haan, 18, Sliedrecht

Tess de Vries, 19, Apollo 8

Iris Scholten, 21, Nawaro Straubing

Outside hitter:

Annick Meijers, 21, Chieri'76

Louise Bijlsma, 17 , VCN

Jolien Knollema, 18, Eurosped

Lisa Nobel, 20, Hermes Oostende

Hester Jasper, 19, Stuttgart

Rianne Vos, 20, Apollo 8

Middle Blockers:

Indy Baijens, 20, Chemik Police

Demi Korevaar, 20, USC Münster

Karlijn Koebrugge, 23, Apollo 8

Laura de Zwart, 21, Suhl

Kirsten Bröring, 20, Ladiesvolley Limburg AS/ Tongeren

Libero:

Florien Reesink, 23, Apollo 8

Romy Brooking, 19, Talent team Papendal

For some players I have some doubt if it will develop them furter, such as Indy Baijens and Hester Jasper, because they have proven they are capable to compte in a foreign league. Perhaps being part of this project could be a possibility to Kirsten Knip, Celeste Plak and Lonneke Slöetjes, who have doubts about the continuation of a (foreign) volleyball career. Kirsten Knip has declared that she is open to it.

https://www.volleybalkrant.nl/…liteitsimpuls-gaan-geven/

• I'm not too fond of such an idea I think :/ it would be a good project for let's say 3-4 months over summer for those who aren't ready yet to play in NT, but I think for many players it's better to play in a professional league if they have the opportunity. IMO competitions are a very big part in a player's development and that can't be replaced by such a project.

• Imo that should apply only for players that play in Netherlands cause there not much difference on training and playing in that league

For the others who play abroad,it should be such a waste of time....they have potential and being in a foreign league even if you are bench,it helps you to grow and you learn so much

And if you work hard you can get your chances as baijens or jasper

• Why don't they try DELA Amstelveen project they have done before. All national team players were playing in the same team in dutch league but also in champions league as well. Then they can get all the training but still get the chance to play against top teams which is big part of player's development

• Why don't they try DELA Amstelveen project they have done before. All national team players were playing in the same team in dutch league but also in champions league as well. Then they can get all the training but still get the chance to play against top teams which is big part of player's development

I don't think that will ever happen again, because the level of the Dutch competition is just to low nowadays. Back then there were teams like Longa, Pollux and Weert who could make things difficult for Martinus Amstelveen, but now only Sliedrecht and Apollo 8 play at a decent level. Although it's nowhere near the above mentioned teams... This in combination with the much higher salaries in foreign leagues, will not make players like de Kruijf, Beliën and Daalderop come back to play in the Netherlands.

Unfortunately due to financial issues and lack of support

• well we kinda knew this

In last interviews she said she was happy and she didn't miss volleyball

Now let's see what happen with plak cause she also take a break..it could be rough for netherlands to lose both opp

• Amazing player, great personality, was an important piece of world wide volleyball puzzle (both club and NT) for years, her smile was always integral of her play, so althought it is kind a sad that we will not be able to watch her on court anymore, it would be even worse to watch such a player without that recongizible shape. All kudos to her and best wishes in next chapters of her life. :rose:

• 30 years old is such an early age to retire form volleyball but once you lose the spark it is better to look for another journey

She achieved a lot in her 'short' career, she will be highly missed, especially nowadays that we don't have many top Opps that can drag her team to finals