USA Women's NT 2021

• Sorry, what? That's not the captain's role. I agree with the rest of your statements (although I'm not sure if Robinson's designation can change from match to match)

• I doubt with lowe as well and want JT too. But you take her out? Why adams, Foluke even dixon? Not playing that much in club. Little reps with NT past yrs but still have strong chance. I think if karch will ask them 1 by 1 what is your edge and why should i bring you instead of her? For sure her answer will be her "experience" which is true!

• I doubt with lowe as well and want JT too. But you take her out? Why adams, Foluke even dixon? Not playing that much in club. Little reps with NT past yrs but still have strong chance. I think if karch will ask them 1 by 1 what is your edge and why should i bring you instead of her? For sure her answer will be her "experience" which is true!

Because the middle situation is vastly different than the Opp position. Drews and JT were the staple all of 2019, besides the world cup when JT was at school and couldn't join (only reason Lowe was there). Plus she had no desire to even join a club to show her worth, opting for AU (when many clubs in europe could use an Opp right now)

Foluke is playing very well in Japan. Adams left Turkey so she wouldn't further aggravate her injury and put her completely out of the question. Dixon played in China for a short time, but that wasn't by her choice. I think this situation is different because the middles are more fluid. In 2019, both Adams and Foluke were out with injury/pregnancy. Chi, Washington, and Dixon took their places and did well. This makes the spots more competitive. Each of them offers a different skillset from the others. (Dixon is very defensive, Adams/Washington are well rounded, Chi/Foluke are very offensive)

Lowe doesn't offer anything that JT and Drews already don't have. Experience is meh. Larson will be there for leadership. Lowe isn't vocal on court.

• The biggest question mark about Lowe is her commitment to the team.

Atleast Murphy was 100% involved with the NT when she was still in it.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Lowe is still in the running and very much up for consideration despite what most would want to believe. Karch can be very cut throat and if he doesnt think Lowe has a chance he would have emailed her already and new fone, who dis? her when she decided not to play club this season. In terms of likelihood shes probably behind JT but her past Rio performanced will be considered and might sway a bit in her favor especially if she performs well this coming VNL. Dont fully agree with it but thats how Karch operates. He's loyal to his vets.

There's no way he doesn't bring Chi. Chi is the best middle they have now. She's been on plenty of rosters and even more with Eczacibasi. (Washington, Dixon, Adams will all be decided by who connects with Carlini best)

So we're not bringing MBs? Bold. LOL

And I agree if theres any middle thats going to be in Tokyo its going to be Chi. So many question marks with the other MB choices. Are they healthy enough? Do we want a repeat of what happened in Rio? Im sure Karch and crew are still haunted by that. Its going to be very interesting selection fir sure.

• Lowe is still in the running and very much up for consideration despite what most would want to believe. Karch can be very cut throat and if he doesnt think Lowe has a chance he would have emailed her already and new fone, who dis? her when she decided not to play club this season. In terms of likelihood shes probably behind JT but her past Rio performanced will be considered and might sway a bit in her favor especially if she performs well this coming VNL. Dont fully agree with it but thats how Karch operates. He's loyal to his vets.

So where not bringing MBs? Bold. LOL

And I agree if theres any middle thats going to be in Tokyo its going to be Chi. So many question marks with the other MB choices. Are they healthy enough? Do we want a repeat of what happened in Rio? Im sure Karch and crew are still haunted by that. Its going to be very interesting selection fir sure.

new fone, who dis to Karch please :lol:

Yea... thats probably what will hurt Adams. They won't want to risk it. Chi, Foluke, and Washington are in the driver's seats right now. (tho I think Haleigh is injured right now?)

• I'd rather cut my losses with Lowe and work with the new gen opposites.

You're not going to get anything much from her and that's something coaches will have to go through with millennial players from USA every year from now on.

It's just a shame with the talent she had but the world shouldn't stop revolving when she wants it to stop.

Other girls are hungrier. NT is about passion. If you don't have that, she's not gonna last at the top.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Its whats so frustrating about Lowe. She had a much higher ceiling than Murphy and Drews but her commitment to reaching that potential is sadly lacking. Mainly due to her not wanting to live and play overseas.

I cant say its lack of passion for the sports since shes done more than the 97% of American collegiate athletes who would rather retire than entertain the idea of playing abroad.

In a way shes a victim of the USA not having its own league. So many athletes like her in the NCAA who would never go pro or opting to retire early after a season or two for the same reasons.

This is why Im hoping AU finds success. It would be good for American and Canadian programs. It would be good NORCECA. It would be good for the sports

• i think that they need to raise Clubs...

• Agreed.

Even in Brazil, some young female players are already losing motivation.

Now imagine that if they have no league of their own.:white:

The mystery with Lowe is she has the talent to become a superstar. Everything can wait if she desires it. An athlete's peak especially for a woman is not a long time. She should know that and I'm afraid she knows it too well but she just wants something else ten degrees higher than volleyball.

#FreeBritney

• An American league will always have a hard time finding success. Even only a certain amount of colleges are successful with their programs (not relying on revenue of other sports)

The country is too big, not enough interest amongst the public, little funding, no tax benefits for funding like we see in Europe.

AU might be the first step, but I dont really ever envision the US having a fully functional professional league.

• She knows it. I mean she tried and gave it a shot several times but she just doesnt have the mental fortitude for it. Living and playing abroad, that is. I think she finds it crippling and that really affects her growth as a player. Some people just cant be too far away from their support system. Shes doing what she think is best for her mental health while still trying to pursue a dream. Can relate and will never fault her for that.

• I really like Lowe. She has a heavy arm that can go head to head with some of the best right now. When Fabris didn't play well in Conegliano she was able to step up grab that spot in their most important matches.

If she has the work ethic and dedication of Drews, she would be a top 5 or even top 3 opposite just behind Egonu and Bosko.

• your reasoning is very irrelevant. Being Captain doesn't mean she should play as starter. Vakifbank's captain is Melis Gurkaynak and she rarely plays as starter

Also changing the position of a player during the tournament is not a good idea. From OH to Opp might be fine but from OH to Libero is a big switch, if she would accept to play as libero, she should play throughout the tournament

• your reasoning is very irrelevant. Being Captain doesn't mean she should play as starter. Vakifbank's captain is Melis Gurkaynak and she rarely plays as starter

Also changing the position of a player during the tournament is not a good idea. From OH to Opp might be fine but from OH to Libero is a big switch, if she would accept to play as libero, she should play throughout the tournament

Have you seen all USA matches? If not then go watch! You comparing NT to club team or USA karch to guidetti in vakifbank - that's what you call irrelevant. Team captain should always be in the court (most of the time) to take the role and responsibilities as acaptain. When you see larson playing and not doing well then don't expect karch will sub her out that easily and it affect his decision making. Have you seen vnl or world champions where almost all OH played libero. If we haven't seen kelsey switching from OH to libero in world championship we will never realised she is perfect for that position why will you not do that in olympic if that's the key for winning? Unless switching position is prohibited in olympic.

• Lowe had potential but I don’t see that potential in her anymore. She is an average player now.

She is just an entitled white rich girl. Doesn’t play good but still gets a call. Doesn’t play at all, still gets a call.

• I would really hate it if Lowe gets chosen to go to Tokyo. She simply does not deserve it at the moment. Same goes for the middles. Based on current performance, choosing Adams before Ogbogu and Washington would be a travesty. Plus Ogbogu and Washington have played with the Hancock, Poulter and Carlini several times already. The connection is already there. I cant say the same for Adams and Akinradewo. We will see during VNL.

• Lowe had potential but I don’t see that potential in her anymore. She is an average player now.

She is just an entitled white rich girl. Doesn’t play good but still gets a call. Doesn’t play at all, still gets a call.

Agreed

Why is this related to her being white?