USA Women's NT 2021

• Also Karch won't let her jump-serve anyway. Which is her specialty so bringing her for serving will never work.

He made an exemption for her before early in her NT career. So its not exactly inconceivable that he would do it again just for her...if he thinks it would help them win. But like serdar said its not a good idea anyway especially if we're only bringing her as a serving sub. So her serving is not enough to get her to Tokyo. She needs to prove that she can be the number 1 setter and thats tough a mountain to climb this late in the season.

• I've always like Sarah and thought that she could be this kind of player even though there werent really any suporting evidence :D(before this) since she turned pro. Ive seen it in her senior year in college so its not completely blind faith.

One thing that might stop the coaches from considering SWP for the OGs is that this is so far an outlier season for her. In her 4 years as a pro this is her best to date. If she had a good season last year there would be less questions. But since she pretty much flopped in Brazil (not all her fault), you have to wonder if this is the new and improved Sarah or just another flash in the pan. Is she heating up at the right time and is it sustainable?

As much as the coaches liked using her in tournaments I dont think SWP was in serious contention for Tokyo. But what SWP is doing this season just might make them second guess themselves and redraft their ideal lineup. Still shes probably in the same boat as Lowe, Adams and Dixon in their respective positions. There are just better or more established players ahead of them.

• VNL should be a barometer for Parsons. Club performance does not necessarily translate to NT performance. Besides, I don’t think Karch even puts much weight on club. he’ll lineup Karsta even when she’s doing nothing.

• VNL should be a barometer for Parsons. Club performance does not necessarily translate to NT performance. Besides, I don’t think Karch even puts much weight on club. he’ll lineup Karsta even when she’s doing nothing.

Yeah what clubs did Karsta play in? I think she played once in CVL for Beijing in 2014-15.

• I think that's really whats important. The USA doesnt have a Zhu, Bosko, or Egonu.... their weapon is pushing the ball faster than any other team. They're never going to outslug any of those teams, but they can be faster/more efficient. Will they? Idk but thats their path to the podium.

And it’s probably because of this that the starters in Tokyo will include Larson, Robinson, and Courtney. I’m excited (and apprehensive?) what the final lineup in Tokyo will look like when (if?) it finally happens.

• Let's not exaggerate Hancock's serving so much as it is best in the world. She might be the best jump server among setters but there is almost no other setter doing it anyways:lol:

Malinov :rolll:

But really, why do coaches let her jump serve? I do not understand. She barely gets any team out of system, let alone ace them.

Re: Hancock - IIRC, there was one tournament where she was allowed to use her jump serve playing for the NT. But I guess it wasn’t that effective since towards the end of the tournament she was back to using the float serve. Tbf though, her jump serve looks much improved this season.

• I don’t think considering Parsons for a roster spot makes sense, OH is not USA’s major issue. You have 4 outsides that are all arguably in discussion for top ten in the world. Parsons is doing well but honestly outside the big 3. She’s hitting against average to below average blocks.

• I don’t think considering Parsons for a roster spot makes sense, OH is not USA’s major issue. You have 4 outsides that are all arguably in discussion for top ten in the world. Parsons is doing well but honestly outside the big 3. She’s hitting against average to below average blocks.

Obviously that system doesn't work, at least not enough to endanger China, Serbia, Italy. I won't to say that SWP will be a player of decision and to win matches alone like Egonu, Boskovic and Zhu, but SWP can be jocker and very worthfull in attack, USA with their standard tactic and way of play without players who is able to pull the trigger in the decisive moments will not have much chance against the listed three teams, and even Turkey, Brazil will be able to threaten them. That would be shame, because the fact is that they have nice list of players.

• This! That is why even though Ogbogu, Washington, swp, Thompson are doing well. But this is olympic with high level of pressure and need players with really good experience. This will be the edge of those who are in the gym right now. They already have experience and they just need to regain and be healthy.

• This! That is why even though Ogbogu, Washington, swp, Thompson are doing well. But this is olympic with high level of pressure and need players with really good experience. This will be the edge of those who are in the gym right now. They already have experience and they just need to regain and be healthy.

how is it an edge for the players who aren’t playing any real high quality matches right now? They won’t play real games for months. And how high level can the practices be with 4 -6 people?

• Maybe it's just me... but USA fast is the only way the USA makes the podium.

In the past, I would've agreed to scrap it, but its too late now. (it needs to be lessened after Tokyo but we've seen it lessened a little in 2019)

USA's only hope of beating the big three without a big arm is by passing better and hitting faster than they are. I think USA fast is better than it was previously because we're finally seeing backrow attacks incorporated into it. Kelsey runs a mean pipe and both JT/Annie can hit from right back. We didn't see than in Rio and im like 90% sure we didn't see it at the 2018 WC (neither Murphy and Karsta run it well)

• It is unfair to see the amount of good all-around OHs USA has right now:white: Hill, Larson, Robinson, MBH are all very balanced OHs. Most NTs don't even have one like these 4:obey:

I disagree with criticism on SWP that she had only one good season. At the end of the day what should count is one season, which is most recent season! In sports, there is no yesterday, it is all about now. There are many players who had very good seasons couple of years ago but they don't deserve to be in NT just because of their past performances.:down:

• I think it can't be denied US is one of the hardest team to beat.. if they are in system. They don't have the firepower of Serbia and China, the explosiveness of Italy and being adaptable like Brazil. So in case the system goes bust, who do they go to with the lack of a terminal hitter? Drews seems like their go to gal, but she is not the type of player the likes of Boskovic, Zhu who can influence the outcome of matches on her own.

• I think it can't be denied US is one of the hardest team to beat.. if they are in system. They don't have the firepower of Serbia and China, the explosiveness of Italy and being adaptable like Brazil. So in case the system goes bust, who do they go to with the lack of a terminal hitter? Drews seems like their go to gal, but she is not the type of player the likes of Boskovic, Zhu who can influence the outcome of matches on her own.

I'd switch that to JT.

Drews out of system.... is well... Kelly Murphy :lol::rolll:

• Maybe it's just me... but USA fast is the only way the USA makes the podium.

In the past, I would've agreed to scrap it, but its too late now. (it needs to be lessened after Tokyo but we've seen it lessened a little in 2019)

USA's only hope of beating the big three without a big arm is by passing better and hitting faster than they are. I think USA fast is better than it was previously because we're finally seeing backrow attacks incorporated into it. Kelsey runs a mean pipe and both JT/Annie can hit from right back. We didn't see than in Rio and im like 90% sure we didn't see it at the 2018 WC (neither Murphy and Karsta run it well)

They really should consider speeding things up but somehow I get the feeling they're not as concerned with taking it to a faster level. They have never prioritised speed. I'd like to see it happen