USA Women's NT 2021

• I've been rewatching their matches with Japan and I don't see how they're a lot faster?

Maybe "fastest in the world" is a bit of an overstatement but they're miles faster than any of the other elite teams.

My main nitpick was that they "never prioritized speed". Karch's whole MO is his fast offense and being in system as much as possible. We've seen it decrease a little in 2019 (but I feel that may be due to players skillset vs Karch's preferences)

Carlini's offense is much faster (to my eyes) than Poulters

• I'd switch that to JT.

Drews out of system.... is well... Kelly Murphy :lol::rolll:

Altough Drews is IMO way better than Murphy, 100% agree that JT deserve at least a chance, not just to be in roster, even to be a starter, but maybe instead of that Karch give to us Lowe because chemistry :gone:

I will never forget that attack error (by Karsta) in 5th set of rio semifinal between serbia and usa from zone 6 without block (TBH a bit low set, but still not for the middle of the net).

• Altough Drews is IMO way better than Murphy, 100% agree that JT deserve at least a chance, not just to be in roster, even to be a starter, but maybe instead of that Karch give to us Lowe because chemistry :gone:

I will never forget that attack error (by Karsta) in 5th set of rio semifinal between serbia and usa from zone 6 without block (TBH a bit low set, but still not for the middle of the net).

Oh Drews is 100% better than Murphy. It's just her OOS attacking leaves some to be desired lol.

I'm personally on the train that JT should be starting vs the big teams. Her arm on OOS swings is so valuable when teams have Zhu/Bosko/Egonu across the net.

I don't see Karsta on the roster. She didn't even make the OQT roster (instead it was JT who carried them vs Bulgaria)

• Altough Drews is IMO way better than Murphy, 100% agree that JT deserve at least a chance, not just to be in roster, even to be a starter, but maybe instead of that Karch give to us Lowe because chemistry :gone:

Drews is superior. Murphy is sloppy as hell. Once she loses her composure that's it, there's no regaining ground. When it's a bad day, it's definitely all the way down lol

• I don't see Karsta on the roster. She didn't even make the OQT roster (instead it was JT who carried them vs Bulgaria)

I hope so. No hate to Karsta, even she seems like sympathetic person, but just when it comes to volleyball, something else is counted.

• I hope so. No hate to Karsta, even she seems like sympathetic person, but just when it comes to volleyball, something else is counted.

I don't think anyone hates Karsta. But its hard to rationalize a spot on a 12 person roster when you've taken a sabbatical.. came back.... and isn't even with a club right now.

Even without all of that, I don't think she offers anything JT/Drews don't already

• It will never happen since the olympics are almost always an economic loss for the host country. The last thing they want to do is increase the number of participants. I wish it was possible though.

I think the 12 player thing is a feature from the old days when we didn't have liberos. 14 players should be the standard these days.

• I don’t know the year of that match but USA has been the fastest offense in the world since Karch took over. That has been their playing style since 2013.

But the fast system, at times, has it's challenges. Case in point: WC 2015 Russia won 3-0 against USA. I don't think USA has played "faster" volleyball in the subsequent years.

Speaking of MBs, not bringing Foluke I think is absurd. Her physical state after pregnancy is a question mark, but for a player like her caliber and athleticism, no doubt she is able to do it.

• But the fast system, at times, has it's challenges. Case in point: WC 2015 Russia won 3-0 against USA. I don't think USA has played "faster" volleyball in the subsequent years.

Speaking of MBs, not bringing Foluke I think is absurd. Her physical state after pregnancy is a question mark, but for a player like her caliber and athleticism, no doubt she is able to do it.

sitenoise might be able to speak of it more.... but I don't think Foluke has shown any signs of having health issues in her league matches in Japan. The year delay has probably helped her the most. Foluke would be #2 on my MB list after Chi right now.

• I don't see Karsta on the roster. She didn't even make the OQT roster (instead it was JT who carried them vs Bulgaria)

^^This bears repeating.

Lets be clear. Karsta was a returning member and was sent to the World Championship as a back-up to Murphy to gauge her level of play against stronger competition. She was used sparingly since then and mostly as a reserve / back-up to Annie. Lesson learned. She wasnt even at the OG qualifiers and was only in the World Cup because Thompson had to go back to Cinci for her senior season. That should tell you where shes at in the pecking order.

Its not that the coaches prefer her over the other options, but just like Poulter during that time period they needed to see if she (they) can (still) ball and be trusted when they get called.

Also you can focus on that one flub in 5th set against Serbia and i'll offer you the only reason why it even went to 5 --- Karsta-MuthaFuken-Lowe.

• It is unfair to see the amount of good all-around OHs USA has right now:white: Hill, Larson, Robinson, MBH are all very balanced OHs. Most NTs don't even have one like these 4:obey:

I disagree with criticism on SWP that she had only one good season. At the end of the day what should count is one season, which is most recent season! In sports, there is no yesterday, it is all about now. There are many players who had very good seasons couple of years ago but they don't deserve to be in NT just because of their past performances.:down:

they have the best players amount of good players available in every position

But it won't make the team guarantee to grab a podium at least

• It will never happen since the olympics are almost always an economic loss for the host country. The last thing they want to do is increase the number of participants. I wish it was possible though.

I think the 12 player thing is a feature from the old days when we didn't have liberos. 14 players should be the standard these days.

lets just petition that no one use liberos anymore! who needs them anyways!

*cries in no liberos* :lol::S

• Yea, I don't think anyone blames Karsta for Rio. They really shouldn't. There are a hundred other reasons to look at.

I don't think Poulter is in the same boat as Karsta. I think Poulter was given her shot to prove/show she's the #1. Im pretty sure she had more sets than Carlini at WC19. But in the end, I don't think we'll have a #1. Neither of them have established themselves as Glass or Berg did.