USA Women's NT 2021

• I don't think Poulter is in the same boat as Karsta. I think Poulter was given her shot to prove/show she's the #1. Im pretty sure she had more sets than Carlini at WC19. But in the end, I don't think we'll have a #1. Neither of them have established themselves as Glass or Berg did.

Of course not. One is a tryout for the number 1 spot like you said and the other is for a continued stint with the NT. She played well enough to stay only she's futher down in the depth chart than when she first started.

Off topic: Does anyone know where Jacqueline Quade is?

• Of course not. One is a tryout for the number 1 spot like you said and the other is for a continued stint with the NT. She played well enough to stay only she's futher down in the depth chart than when she first started.

Off topic: Does anyone know where Jacqueline Quade is?

She's playing beach volleyball for UCLA.

She plans on becoming a teacher after that.

• sitenoise might be able to speak of it more.... but I don't think Foluke has shown any signs of having health issues in her league matches in Japan. The year delay has probably helped her the most. Foluke would be #2 on my MB list after Chi right now.

Foluke looks metaphysical to me, but I've only seen her the past few years in Japan. No idea how she compares to her younger self

• People blame Karsta for that 5th set loss? If any, Karch should be blamed. Robinson played like an amateur in that 5th set but decided to burn Hill’s sub by making her a pinch server.

• People blame Karsta for that 5th set loss? If any, Karch should be blamed. Robinson played like an amateur in that 5th set but decided to burn Hill’s sub by making her a pinch server.

Karsta's the reason that 5th set wasn't 15-6 for Serbia

• As of now, I think Poulter should be our starting setter. What do you guys think? It's still a concern that none of our three main setters is ever as good as Alisha or Wolosz when it comes to USA system. From the limited matches I've watched this season, I think Poulter is the best one.

• Tokyo will probably be the first time since Sydney that the US will have no returning Olympian at setter. Ah Mow-Santos has been to three Olympics. Has any US setter been to three or more?

Linsey Berg participated in 2004, 2008 and 2012, three Olympics as well.

• While we're still trying to figure out/debating what the setting situation for the NT would probably look like for the Olympics. I want to know, for those who have been around. Who has been the best setter for the USA since they became a serious contender in the international stage? I dont know what the state of the NT was before 2000. If wiki can be trusted it looks like its pure pain and suffering with very few successes sprinkled in between. Also was Lindsey Berg a better Olympian (performance wise) than Alicia Glass? Coz thats how i feel like rewatching some matches. Admittedly a very small sample size.

• While we're still trying to figure out/debating what the setting situation for the NT would probably look like for the Olympics. I want to know, for those who have been around. Who has been the best setter for the USA since they became a serious contender in the international stage? I dont know what the state of the NT was before 2000. If wiki can be trusted it looks like its pure pain and suffering with very few successes sprinkled in between. Also was Lindsey Berg a better Olympian (performance wise) than Alicia Glass? Coz thats how i feel like rewatching some matches. Admittedly a very small sample size.

Alisha was first high level setter in usa since debbie green

Ah mow santos no comments and lindsey fits in usa 's system but nothing spectacular or oustanding

Like poulter

• Alisha was first high level setter in usa since debbie green

Ah mow santos no comments and lindsey fits in usa 's system but nothing spectacular or oustanding

Like poulter

Even if you ignore her decent performances during the London Olympics cycle, Lindsey Berg’s jump serves played a big role in their upset over Italy in the 2008 Olympics quarterfinals to help win their unexpected silver medal. This achievement alone is spectacular and outstanding.

• Even if you ignore her decent performances during the London Olympics cycle, Lindsay Berg’s jump serves played a big role in their upset over Italy in the 2008 Olympics quarterfinals to help win their unexpected silver medal. This achievement alone is spectacular and outstanding.

ok but in setting and overall she was a good setter i don't say she was bad

But she wasn't an awesome setter