USA Women's NT 2021

• ok but in setting and overall she was a good setter i don't say she was bad

But she wasn't an awesome setter

Alisha was great only for fast system in US NT. Otherwise she was just average, nothing special. Lindsay was pretty decent for a long time and I think played in different systems at high level which made her better, for me.

And why Poulter is mentioned? She just started her international career and doing good so far.

• Alisha was great only for fast system in US NT. Otherwise she was just average, nothing special. Lindsay was pretty decent for a long time and I think played in different systems at high level which made her better, for me.

And why Poulter is mentioned? She just started her international career and doing good so far.

Imo poulter reminds me to her

Fit in a system and do what they tell her but nothing more

• Alisha was first high level setter in usa since debbie green

Ah mow santos no comments and lindsey fits in usa 's system but nothing spectacular or oustanding

Like poulter

Oh wow never heard of her before. Damn only 5’4”! Lol

Edit: How do I embed a link that will show the video interface and not just the YT link? #helpanoob

Edit 2: Nvm it automatically shows lol

• Lindsey Berg played well in the quarterfinals against Italy in 2012 especially with her service but she was never even close to being a great setter, only average. IMO Alish Glass was US's best setter in the past 2 decades being million miles away in front of the others.

I thought Lloyd could reach a higher level but she didn't.

• Lindsey Berg played well in the quarterfinals against Italy in 2012 especially with her service but she was never even close to being a great setter, only average. IMO Alish Glass was US's best setter in the past 2 decades being million miles away in front of the others.

yeah

I thought exactly the same about Berg until some months ago when LVF streamed some old matches from Italian league when Berg was in VIlla Cortese. Back in the days I thought she was nothing special, but watching her now, she was better than almost all setters of the current era!

• I thought exactly the same about Berg until some months ago when LVF streamed some old matches from Italian league when Berg was in VIlla Cortese. Back in the days I thought she was nothing special, but watching her now, she was better than almost all setters of the current era!

What do you think changed about your perspective? Where other setters during that time also pretty good making Berg look nothing spectacular?

Lindsey Berg played well in the quarterfinals against Italy in 2012 especially with her service but she was never even close to being a great setter, only average. IMO Alish Glass was US's best setter in the past 2 decades being million miles away in front of the others.

I was really looking forward to Lloyd be on the driver’s seat for team USA but I guess she just didn’t have it mentally. She must’ve put too much pressure on herself. I like how physical she is despite being sub-6’.

• Lloyd was never my favorite. I'm glad we were able to move on when we did.

Glass retiring was an awkward time. Carlini and Poulter weren't ready so Lloyd was the natural choice. I wish Glass would've hung around for a little while longer

• Berg may not be one of the greatest setters, esp. there were the likes of Fofao, Feng Kun & Takeshita in her generation, but she still deserves more credits than being considered as average or nothing spectacular with what she did and achieved in her career.

Glass retiring was an awkward time. Carlini and Poulter weren't ready so Lloyd was the natural choice. I wish Glass would've hung around for a little while longer

Hopefully Carlini and Poulter will play for longer than a quad and a half. At least until LA ‘28.

• What do you think changed about your perspective? Where other setters during that time also pretty good making Berg look nothing spectacular?

Good question and I don't really have an answer for it. I guess Volleyball overall is different nowadays :/ Back in the days I think the most important qualities for setters were precision and creativity, nowadays in many teams speed is above everything else.

• According to many experts, former technical directors of A1 clubs of the time she played in Italy, she had the best and fastest hands ever seen in the league.

There were moments she was even better than Lo Bianco IMHO. Ognjenovic was nowhere close to her at the time. She only had an epic fail in Novara. But everywhere else, she was amazing for a person with her body and her weak injury prone knees.

If Glass stayed in pro volley She would probably stayed in Conegliano, and from 2016/17 season Conegliano started their “golden age” in seria A as in CL She could become even more iconic.

Glass and Wolosz for me two best setters, queens of fast system!!!

I too wish Glass would have played longer. She wasn’t my favorite but setters tend to get better after their 30s so she might have been doing great things right now.

• Maybe it's just me, I feel Poulter is underappreciated here.

I watched many of Poulter's Chieri games last season and this past long weekend I watched UYBA vs Scandicci. Poulter's setting has been really fast most of the time. What surprises me is that her connection with Gray on the back row attack from position 6 (and oftentimes between position 5 and 6) is so fast and so pleasing to watch (of course, when the connection is on). I think the rhythm is faster than her connection with Robinson at NT, which really reminds me of her Illinois days when she ran a super fast pipe attack with Quade.

Poulter is a well-rounded setter and she has no significant shortcomings in her setting. I can see her blocking making progress this season. She needs to work on her consistency and try to be more creative (not saying that she is predictable now). I hope she can continue to improve her skills and brings that to USA NT.