Serbia NT 2021

• So as the avalanche started, it is time for new thread of Serbian NT as well.

The Olympic year awaits us, with the desire and hope that with all the hardships they will last.

Olympic gold is the only major title that the current World and European champions lack, it would be the crown of this golden generation.
    We are certainly not very lucky that the European Championship, which should be held in Serbia in the same year, is emotionally very important, and it would be dificult to temper the form twice in such a short time, motivationally, conditionally, it is certainly a challenge, especially if there is no audience, but I do not doubt our girls and the coaching team.

My prediction/wishes for 12(14) player:

s: Ognjenovic, If Zivkovic returns on time, I believe that Mirkovic will not have a chance, especially after the complete loss of position in Ecz, even against weaker teams. (personaly i would love to see Antonijevic as "second" setter, but we know that that is impossible)

opp: Bošković, Bjelica (this is locked for me, just in case of injury some of them will not be on the list

oh: Mihajlovic, Buša, Milenkovic, Blagojevic

this is ATM clear choice, IMO Lazovic have a chance just in case of injury of the 4 mentioned players or drasticly change of shape of someone plus at least descent level of Lazovic

mb: Rašić, Veljković, Aleksić, (Popović)

i have no doubt that Aleksic is ready for bigger stage, she is amazing, i am sad about Popovic, but she currently play with underperforming Malinov, and i don't see her in 12 unfortunately.

lb : Popović, (Pušić), also Jegdić deserve a chance at least (in VNL,...), but we don't have time to adapt her in a 2-receving system.

And conclusion, that starting lineup and current shape of this player looks amazing, IMO with Buša improvement, better than ever, just look on this list

Ognjenović - Bošković

Mihajlović - Buša

Rašić - Veljković/Aleksić (just in case that Veljkovic she is not ready, for which the chances are minimal, having in mind her beastly psyche and physical preparation.)

Popović S.

Also i give a big space to Popović to back in shape in rest of the season and make a big battle with Aleksić for that 3 MB Olympic spot, but ATM Aleksić is in by far better shape, even when we include big gap between Italian and Romanian league, i mean 72% attack and 1 block avg. per set is amazing wherever is.

• In VNL i want to see numerous player, but i really doubt that VNL will happen, but anyway i will mention some of them:

s: Perović, Veselinović

opp : Savić

oh: Mirosavljevic, Uzelac, Kockarevic, Tasic, Rankovic (she is not material for A team, but she is good and can contribute with her experience for young squad)

mb: Božica Marković, Djokic, Glusac, Rodic, Kurtagic.

lb: Gocanin, Pakic.

• Also i didn't know where to post this, but at least this is the 1% related topic, serbian beauty Ivana Nešović is pregnant.

• It's either now or never. This is probably the last chance for Serbia to win an Olympic gold. It's simple unreasonable to expect them ever to have this good a generation, and most of the best players are aging out.

Also, I agree with your roster, but it remains to be seen whether Terzic will take Aleksic instead of Mina Popovic.

• It's either now or never. This is probably the last chance for Serbia to win an Olympic gold. It's simple unreasonable to expect them ever to have this good a generation, and most of the best players are aging out.

Also, I agree with your roster, but it remains to be seen whether Terzic will take Aleksic instead of Mina Popovic.

I agree, this is like now or never. Serbia has 3 players who were claimed to be the best players in their position in last decade (agreed by forum users). Ognjenoviç, Boskoviç and Rasiç. Besides these 3 'best players' there is a unique OH combo (mihajloviç&busa) which wouldn't be called as best OHs individually but they are the best example of offensive-defensive OH duo. Veljkoviç in her peak is one of the top 10 MBs. Lastly, Popoviç is not my favourite libero (I wouldn't count her even top 5) but she is one of the rare liberos who can play 2-receiver system. It is extremely rare to have so many unique players to come together in the same generation. I feel like we will see the same final of Rio.:heart::box:

• idk why so many people dislike popovic

Yes maybe she gave the gold medal point to china but after rio she has shown a maturity and leadership on court

She isn't so talented as moki but she's tactically obedient and do her role in a good way

• Not many people dislike her. serdar is in a minority on this issue here (and he knows it:P).

• No doubt Terzic will assess their current level/shape/chemistry with the team but I still think Popovic has the advantage over Aleksic. Popovic plays for a top club in a top league and though her connection with Malinov is not good at all, that could all be different playing with Ognjenovic. I’m sure her brilliant performance at the ECH is still in Terzic’s mind as well.

• No doubt Terzic will assess their current level/shape/chemistry with the team but I still think Popovic has the advantage over Aleksic. Popovic plays for a top club in a top league and though her connection with Malinov is not good at all, that could all be different playing with Ognjenovic. I’m sure her brilliant performance at the ECH is still in Terzic’s mind as well.

Yep, exactly why I am sceptical that Terzic will not take her. There's also the psychological issue to consider. If you leave her out of the squad for the biggest sporting event in the world right after a bad season, that might do a serious damage to her confidence, and erase at least some of the work Popovic has made since 2018 at becoming a world-class player. Aleksic is younger and doesn't have such a psyhological "baggage", so to speak. She knows the future is hers.

• I'm just wondering, do you think maybe Stevanovic in the end will get a call?

Did she end her NT career officially or is it because of problems between her and Terzic that she was not in the NT last year?

I mean in my opinion she's good enough to be in the roster

• Because of last year's fiasco with Terzic (never completely explained, and different versions of the story depending on who you ask, but it's really complicated). In any event, probably neither are willing to work with the other ever again.

• Not many people dislike her. serdar is in a minority on this issue here (and he knows it:P).

I don't dislike her, I said she is not my favorite libero (I wouldn't count her even top 5)

I stand behind my opinion, indeed I doubt anyone in this forum (aside from maybe Serbian users) would count Popoviç as top 5 libero

• I don't dislike her, I said she is not my favorite libero (I wouldn't count her even top 5)

I stand behind my opinion, indeed I doubt anyone in this forum (aside from maybe Serbian users) would count Popoviç as top 5 libero

Relax, I was just joking. Of course I don't think you dislike her, The only reason I used the word was because Jules did it.:drink:

• I stand behind my opinion, indeed I doubt anyone in this forum (aside from maybe Serbian users) would count Popoviç as top 5 libero

And Camila Brait ;)(even in top 3), her credibility is far greater than any user on this forum. #justasfunfact #noofense

As people like to say on this forum, it is important that the job is done, and Silvija does it so that she is either among or the best (statistically) in both defense and reception, so i hope that we can agree that she is at least finishing the job. Personally I would be very pleased if she does it as before, even if she was not in the top 100 in users of this forum opinion. :cup:

• And Camila Brait ;)(even in top 3), her credibility is far greater than any user on this forum. #justasfunfact #noofense

As people like to say on this forum, it is important that the job is done, and Silvija does it so that she is either among or the best (statistically) in both defense and reception, so i hope that we can agree that she is at least finishing the job. Personally I would be very pleased if she does it as before, even if she was not in the top 100 in users of this forum opinion. :cup:

Well if Camila says Boskovic is not top 3 opposite, your opinion on her credibility would change quickly 😂

I've already said she is good at 2-player receiver system and that's what Serbia needs but out of NT she is not much of a use, at least not as much as 10 other liberos I can count. Anyways I think we both made our points clear already

• Do you guys think Serbia will continue 2-player system after olympics? Assuming both Mihajloviç&Popoviç will retire NT, Serbia could switch to 3-player reception line with Busa and Milenkoviç. Who will be the libero? Pusiç or Gocanin?

• Do you guys think Serbia will continue 2-player system after olympics? Assuming both Mihajloviç&Popoviç will retire NT, Serbia could switch to 3-player reception line with Busa and Milenkoviç. Who will be the libero? Pusiç or Gocanin?

TBH i don't think at all that Brankice will retire after Olympics, she will be "just" 30yo, i mean she easily make it to Paris even, but personally i would love to see Buša-Milenković duo at OH, both are really solid at reception, both are not bad(at least) in attack, young and they can represent great OH trio with experienced Mihajlovic.

• You really think that Brankica will have the same powerful arm swing at her 33 of age, her biggest weapon ??

We so how She was doing with Fener when She was out of shape. Yes She still can perform at good level but not for Gold medal.

I wouldn't say the word if She can recive. And yet Popovic is probably retire too. Who is gone cover her?