Serbia NT 2021

• I think and hope Terzić will wait for her until the last moment. It would be a big loss of Serbia and self Stefana to miss the Olympics.

We are almost already juin she didn't play a tournament or match in 1 year and a half and doesn't train

So why send her to olympics where other can do more?

Other teams like brazil do and worked but serbia is a particular case

• I think and hope Terzić will wait for her until the last moment. It would be a big loss of Serbia and self Stefana to miss the Olympics.

He will for sure, i'm more like that decision will be on her. Tokyo suposed to be her 4th Olympics :heart:.

• Nice podcast with Maja Ognjenović

- she didn't say anything revolutionary about the national team, there is a chance that EuroVolley21 will be the last competition in the Serbian jersey, but she also already sees how Terza (Zoran Terzic) calls her next year and persuades her for just one more season.

- she praised Eczacibasi and as she is overjoyed to be back in that team, she has never felt such cordiality and dedication of the club employees and the Eczacibasi family itself that makes everyone feel like at home, especially foreign players.

- when asked about the heavy defeats, she certainly singled out some in the national team (she didn't mention them individually), and of course May 1, although she was happy to be able to play the CL finals at all, her expectations were huge, she felt it was the right time for such a title, especially because of such a team, such a coach, and because she already knew then that she would not play in that team anymore. She almost cried as she talked about the match, even though it didn't happen, in her voice had felt like a "burden", and she herself claimed that defeat as a defeat she will probably never regret.

- Athens is her favourite city, and after retirement she wants to live in Athens - Belgrade relation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…av_id=1862951&version=amp

• omg Maja wants to live in Greece..?:heart: Im two hours away from Athens, i will send her a message to meet lol:lol:

• Yes she is, and she will be part of that group untill the Tokyo, mostly because of energy etc. but actually she didn't start to train with the ball yet, and chance for Tokyo is minimal almost none.

Stevanoviç is also out of the picture for sure right? So who are in the competition for 3rd spot? Koçic, Aleksiç and Saviç?

• Stevanoviç is also out of the picture for sure right?

As long as Terzic is Head coach yes

So who are in the competition for 3rd spot? Koçic, Aleksiç and Saviç?

Savic had mediocre season in Serbian league, so she is 100% out of the picture.

Unfortunately i don't think that any of the girls from VNL have a real chance for Tokyo, including Kocić, 3rd spot is IMO locked for Aleksić and TBH she deserve that. Also about later EuroVolley21 i think that Veljkovic will be ready for that tournament so again no space for Kocić. This is the first competition at which Kocić play on this level, so it's will not be late for her to join in the A squad and become a regular member next year, after the Rasic retirement from the NT (which is confirmed by her) for sure will be space.

My only regret is that Lazovic will also very likely not be part of OG and EuroVolley21, despite the really great performances during the VNL. I think that it will be a very difficult decision for Terzic, he is very weak towards loyal players, such as Milenkovic, it seems to me that it will be very difficult for him to make the decision to cut Milenkovic, OTOH to leave Lazovic in Belgrade, it could to be a fatal mistake.

• I think milenkoviç should have been in VNL roster as well. After her injury she needs to prove her value for the team again

• I think milenkoviç should have been in VNL roster as well. After her injury she needs to prove her value for the team again

Agree, and even expected that, but obviously Terzic believe in her more than us, who knows.

• Bojana Drča also out of picture for Olympics, but she is preparing and open for EuroVolley21.

• After the second week, 3 wins and the same number of defeats with 6th place on the table. Many predicted the last place, so the result is not really bad, and the general impression is even better, I would say. The girls are fighting great for every point, with a little better leadership from the bench, the impression could have been even better. Of the next opponents, I think that only against Brazil we have no chance, other matches are more or less open, although we should not rush with expectations and forecasts, the result should not and is not realistic to be in the foreground, but we should not run away from him, like it was a match against the USA.

S:

Jaksic was very good in the first week, it is true that she had Sara Caric in a very good mood behind her in zone 2/1, and the game was stretched at the pins with a very solid attacking performance of middle's. In the second week, the game was a bit more monotonous, due to weak games by Caric, Savic, Bukilic, the focus was too much on zone 4, plus the absence of Bozica Markovic (in the meantime it was confirmed that it is an injury) who is the only slide attacker among MB. Jaksic is definitely better on the negative reception than Djordjevic, OTOH Djorjdevic played very well on the perfect reception, especially sets in front of her, but anyway in general i would give Jaksic the starter position and this is maybe only position where Vladisavljev did a good job in terms of timely changes.

OPP:

Caric was really impressive in the first two matches, but after that two weak attacking performances (ITA, THA) followed, in which she had a significant role in the block, which was by no means negligible and significantly affected the final outcome, but today (NED) nothing was good , it looked like a stump on the court, service is by far the worst aspect of the game, it's really awful with of course poor defense which is quite understandable for her height and agility. She will definitely enjoy these three days break, she looked completely devastated and tired at times, without the strength to jump and hit with full power.

Savic was really bad against America, but you can see a huge desire, and as a change it works better, but I think it deserves a little more space, Vladisavljev has a really terrible timing for double changes, today after two good attacks Savic and in the previous rotation of the served ace, plus a couple of really good lifts (MB + OH) Mile Djordjevic, he brought Jaksci + Caric back into the game, where Jaksic immediately made a service error, it was really painful, the problem is not that error so much in terms of one directly lost point but a complete change and breaking the rhythm, which means especially young like this

players.

Bukilic no comment, she doesn't belong to this level.

OH:

Lazović - the true leader of this generation, it is a pleasure to watch in such editions, I have already said all impressions about her.

Lozo - I honestly don't know what to say, I think the best game for her was the first one against Turkey, she is too passive in every sense of the word, but at times she can be very useful and calm in decisive moments, but I certainly don't see much space for her in the national team in the future.

Mirosavljevic - I mentioned her so many times and I really couldn't wait for the moment when the rest of the volleyball world would meet her and she definitely didn't disappoint, full of energy, explosive, fast, strong and yet very technically well-skilled, A team is her "guaranteed" future IMO.

Uzelac - she looks very nervous on the court, maybe it was too early this year to include her in a project like this, but at least the time spent with the girls will give positive influence to her to break that fear and show herself in best possible way.

Cvetkovic - barely played.

MB:

Kocic - world class performance so far, I would say finally, 25 blocks in 5 games, first place statisticly by huge margin, significant perforamnce in attack also plus amazing serve, just amazing, the best player, YES even better than Lazovic, if we talk only about playing qualities and physical predispositions.

Medic - she has struggled in the last three games, certainly at the age of 30, her role in this team is not to show herself and impose herself for the future.

Markovic - I hope that the injury is not more serious and that we will see her soon, she played a little, but what she played was really great, Kocic - Markovic is the best combination of MB in this team, it would be a shame not to see that.

Delic - same comment as Bukilić.

L:

Sanja Djurdjevic - amazing performance in defense, had shaky moments in reception but overall really promising, unfortunatelly that "slanted eyes" will be a move that will be remembered, I don't think she is still aware of the influence of that mistake.

Gocanin - barely played

• So we have Mihajlovic, Busa, Milenkovic and Blagojevic for OH position right? We all watch Mihajlovic and Busa this season in Fener. IMO Lazovic showed more than all Serbian OHs at VNL.

• It will be a crime if Lazović doesn't go to Tokyo, assuming she's healthy, of course. She's most definitely better than Milenković and the other 3 OH places should be locked (Mihajlović, Buša, Blagojević). Mirosavljević should join the party from next year on.

Carić isn't physically used to playing to so many intense matches in such short time, so it's not surprising she struggles now. The potential is definitely there, though, but she'll need to get fitter.

Sofija Medić really sticks out like a sore thumb on this team and I'm not even sure what the point of having her is. She's certainly not the future of NT and there are other younger and promising MBs in our league. The same goes for Delić, she simply doesn't have what it takes and the only reason she's here is that she plays in Crvena Zvezda and is coached by Vladisavljev. Ugh, the nepotism. For all the amazing things he's done and can never get enough credit for, that is going to be one ugly legacy of Terzić once he is gone.

Speaking of MBs, if Stefana is not ready, I wouldn't leave Kocić totally out of consideration. I mean, she probably won't get to go in the end, but so far she's really rocking it. Keep at it, girl!

Lozo will forever be B team material and the setters make me wish Živković/Drča would regain her form from before pregnancy and hold on until Paris.

• The only time I saw Milenkovic (I think) this year was Challenge cup?? Derya Cebecioğlu and Lana Scuka heavily outplayed her there, outclassed.

I used to love Milenkovic as well but she should have been at VNL so we could all see Lazovic outplaying her :whistle:

• Lozo will forever be B team material and the setters make me wish Živković/Drča would regain her form from before pregnancy and hold on until Paris.

Agree, Jaksic was good against Turkey and more or less at decent level against Poland and Italy, but after that my impression returned to the previous one which i has before VNL, both are so amateurish most of the time unfortunately. Also Djordjevic is there because she played in Zvezda with Vladisavljev, that choices was really obvious nepotism, Veselinovic should be there even as a starter, but maybe next year after a season in UB.

• Is Blagojevic with NT? I heard somewhere before she isn't playing for NT anymore?

Lazovic is pretty much the same style player as Milenkovic now, just much better.

When was the last time Milenkovic play decently with NT?

• Is Blagojevic with NT? I heard somewhere before she isn't playing for NT anymore?

Yes, she is with the A team in UB/Belgrade on preparations for Tokyo.

When was the last time Milenkovic play decently with NT?

VNL 2018, before 3 years and ACL injury. She should be on thi VNL and fight with Lazovic for that 4th spot for Tokyo, but unfortunatelly Terzic have some other plans, so Milenkovic is pretty much locked for OG.

• VNL 2018, before 3 years and ACL injury. She should be on thi VNL and fight with Lazovic for that 4th spot for Tokyo, but unfortunatelly Terzic have some other plans, so Milenkovic is pretty much locked for OG.

Lazovic is so much better than Milenkovic now, except perhaps for blocking?

To be honest, if Mihajlovic is to be subbed off, none of the other OHs would be able to provide enough fire power anyway.

Lazovic/Milenkovic wouldn't make a difference.

Might as well go with Busa/Blagojevic OH and just set to Boskovic most of the time.

• Lazovic is so much better than Milenkovic now, except perhaps for blocking?

To be honest, if Mihajlovic is to be subbed off, none of the other OHs would be able to provide enough fire power anyway.

Lazovic/Milenkovic wouldn't make a difference.

Might as well go with Busa/Blagojevic OH and just set to Boskovic most of the time.

Shape of Mihajlovic is for sure the bigest question mark, but everyone denies the fact that she played injured all season. I am sure that in cooperation with the professional staff of the Serbian NT, which has been taking care of her health for many years and certainly knows her body very well, he managed to repair it and provide Brankica with phisical health stability, which in her case because her game is largely based on power, it's essentially. The point is that i'm optimistic, primarly because Brankica has always given something special in NT competitions, especially in comparation to her club season perforamance.

For me Lazovic better than Milenkovic is a well known fact, and i'm infinitely happy because she finally prove that at the court in this VNL. She is amazing, in pretty much all aspects, except block reasonably due to her 1.82. Attack, serve, defense - don't know in which she is better, even reception is really stable in this VNL. Transfer to Monza is such a great move, i hope for both sides.

• I read that Lazovic is going to miss the remaining matches in the VNL, is this also same for Caric?

This young team looked very promising in the first week and the game against China. I thought they could have won a few more matches than they have had. But they played like amateurs in the last few matches. Defence was messy. Offence seems to be a major problem for this team -they have a hard time scoring with attacks . Lazovic undeniably plays an important role in the team. Her absence affects a lot, I think the coach needs to find something to hold the team together, but it seems he is not doing much to help.

• I read that Lazovic is going to miss the remaining matches in the VNL, is this also same for Caric?

This young team looked very promising in the first week and the game against China. I thought they could have won a few more matches than they have had. But they played like amateurs in the last few matches. Defence was messy. Offence seems to be a major problem for this team -they have a hard time scoring with attacks . Lazovic undeniably plays an important role in the team. Her absence affects a lot, I think the coach needs to find something to hold the team together, but it seems he is not doing much to help.

I hope Lazovic is going home to replace Milenkovic:obey: