Serbia NT 2021

• I read that Lazovic is going to miss the remaining matches in the VNL, is this also same for Caric?

Yes it's same for Carić

This young team looked very promising in the first week and the game against China. I thought they could have won a few more matches than they have had. But they played like amateurs in the last few matches. Defence was messy. Offence seems to be a major problem for this team -they have a hard time scoring with attacks . Lazovic undeniably plays an important role in the team. Her absence affects a lot, I think the coach needs to find something to hold the team together, but it seems he is not doing much to help.

I would say that they look promising even against NED and BEL, never mind to the loose. "Everyone" expect better fight and even win against KOR and CAN , but unfortunatelly without Lazović and Carić that was impossible. Not that Lazovic was just the best player, Lazovic was the true leader of that team in the first three week, after that Lozo supposed to be her successor, both in quality and experience, but she is just so mediocre player, and in this circumstances with the team with 21yo in average, without player which can push the entire team, this messy games are inevitable and no matter how much I dislike Vladisavljev, he couldn't do more than this.

• I would like to see more of her:(I hope she'll continue to develop and will be given chances to play on the A-team some day soon.

Unfortunatelly not on this competition. Caric is really good and player with potential, but her body doesn't cooperate. She is so injury prone and with just 20yo her injury history list is long.

• Unfortunatelly not on this competition. Caric is really good and player with potential, but her body doesn't cooperate. She is so injury prone and with just 20yo her injury history list is long.

That's really unfortunate, I see the potential in her as well. She kinda seemed tired throughout VNL, but maybe that's just her expression or could be the pain from those injuries.

Speaking of, what kinds of injuries have she had so far? I notice her shoulders always wrapped in tape.

• That's really unfortunate, I see the potential in her as well. She kinda seemed tired throughout VNL, but maybe that's just her expression or could be the pain from those injuries.

Speaking of, what kinds of injuries have she had so far? I notice her shoulders always wrapped in tape.

TBH can't remember exactly, I wouldn't guess. Shoulder is for sure one of these. I just remember that she missed several months while she was in Vizura for several seasons. Even this season she was out of court, for like 2-3 months.

• injury is a complicated issue. I hope she will find a way to overcome it.

btw, do you know where she is going to play next season?

She has valid contract with Tent Obrenovac, serbian vice champion, but as i said it already, contract are more or less cheap, and clubs are ready for a deal, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some good offer arrives from abroad that club and her accept it.

• I am still very sorry because Veselinović did not get a chance in this VNL. For me, she is better than Jaksic and Djordjevic, especially than Djordjevic, who is here only because of Vladisavljev.

There is her highlights from this season.

• Maybe Chinese social media is trolling me again 😂

The sure do love trolling!

I feel like it's a risk to have that much teams together having a friendly right before traveling to Japan. Even if they are following safety measures, all it's going to take is one positive case to ruin a players dream or even their national teams chances if that player becomes unavailable.

• Maybe it's Yeltsin Cup, Serbia used to play that tournament, i don't know if that still exist, but Russia and three other countries, seems like Yeltsin Cup.

Anyway no news from Serbian federation about friendlies against anyone.

It sounds like it's indeed at least the format of something like the Yeltsin Cup/Gloria Cup. All 4 CEV slots joining forces though. :D

• Is that good news? :D Didn't Lazovic have an injury and the rosters were pretty much locked?

?(

That injury wasn't serious, there was no need to take risks, maybe the decision to almost rest Lazovic and not take risks, tells us that Terzic has not yet made a final decision around 12 for Tokyo. But if I were completely honest, I would say that this is purely an opportunity for them to have continuity of training with the A team, so that this change of generation would be as painless as possible. Terzic likes to gradually introduce young players and unfortunately what I would like, and that is to see Lazovic in Tokyo, it will be very difficult.

Let me dream :lol: