Serbia NT 2021

• It is definitely time for Terzic to quite the HC position, it seems to me that he feels that too. I just hope it doesn’t become a hereditary title. I would not like to see any of his assistants on that position. With a large number of new players whose abilities are very different from their previous ones, we need freshness and a change in philosophy, approach and system of playing. It is very certain that the level of quality will decline (compared to the peak of this generation 2015-2019), key, the biggest question and potentially biggest problem of how to stay competitive and win medals will definitely be the setter position.

I do not deny that VNL could have been a good place for training and seeking solutions to all problems, but in the case of Serbia with Terzic

at the helm it simply would not have any impact, it was clear from the start of the announcement of preparations that it has already been decided in advance who will go to the Olympics, maybe even last year LOL, with stubborn Terzic at the helm, VNL would have no contribution.

• Djokovic for the next Serbian NT head coach please.

He can teach them how to gesture hands when they talk to look nice and smart on TV, he is doing hard for that.

• So ECH are gone be tha last for Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Silvija Popovic, Brankica Mihajlovic and if She comes but I don’t think so Stefana Veljkovic ?!

From next year We are gone watch totally different Serbia but with great leader as Boskovic.
    Serbia doesn’t need to worry about their future, but are they gone fight for big things ??! hmmm.
    Maybe, but they need one more player next to Lazovic to help Boskovic because loosing Maja is big blow for every team.

• but are they gone fight for big things ??! hmmm.

Maybe, but they need one more player next to Lazovic to help Boskovic because loosing Maja is big blow for every team.

They will need to find at least 5 more players next to Lazovic to help Boskovic LOL.

• for the ones saying serbia did bad not going to vnl i feel serbia going to vnl or no woulfn't change

rasic has been not as past and even maja couldn't make those OH shine so vnl or no,serbia would play exactly the same this olympics

Boskoballs + some middle blockers attacks

• Would Stevanovic come back if Terzic would leave?

I hope so, Popović, Aleksić, Stevanović and Kocić are not strong as Rašić-Veljković-Stevanović but still is really deep pool of great MB.

• I do not deny that VNL could have been a good place for training and seeking solutions to all problems, but in the case of Serbia with Terzic

at the helm it simply would not have any impact, it was clear from the start of the announcement of preparations that it has already been decided in advance who will go to the Olympics, maybe even last year LOL, with stubborn Terzic at the helm, VNL would have no contribution.

That's true, and that's another serious blunder, because it made very little sense to make the squad selection so early, especially after such a long NT break and the awkward COVID-affected season. Even more surprising because he's known to wait until the last moment to make the selection, so it's really hard to understand what happened now.

I totally agree that we need a fresh start, but I seriously doubt we're going to get it. I don't see any coaches in Serbia ready to take over and really wish we'd get someone from abroad. The chances for that are basically zero, though, and it's most likely going to be someone from Terzić's circle. If it's Vladisavljev, I'm gonna boycott the team and I'm being serious.

For what it's worth, I don't think Stefana will leave the NT just yet. I believe Brankica was also planning to hang around, but with her body giving up on her, it's hard to imagine. What's certain is that Rašić, Blagojević and Silvija Popović are done with their (NT) careers after this year. Ognjenović most likely too, but she did allow a slim chance of playing next year too.

• If it's Vladisavljev, I'm gonna boycott the team and I'm being serious.

Same!

What do you think about Marijana Boričić, i mean she didn't prove herself at big stage, but among Serbian coaches she looks like the best option. I agree that the foreinger could be good choice but also share the opinion about chances for that.

• That's true, and that's another serious blunder, because it made very little sense to make the squad selection so early, especially after such a long NT break and the awkward COVID-affected season. Even more surprising because he's known to wait until the last moment to make the selection, so it's really hard to understand what happened now.

I totally agree that we need a fresh start, but I seriously doubt we're going to get it. I don't see any coaches in Serbia ready to take over and really wish we'd get someone from abroad. The chances for that are basically zero, though, and it's most likely going to be someone from Terzić's circle. If it's Vladisavljev, I'm gonna boycott the team and I'm being serious.

For what it's worth, I don't think Stefana will leave the NT just yet. I believe Brankica was also planning to hang around, but with her body giving up on her, it's hard to imagine. What's certain is that Rašić, Blagojević and Silvija Popović are done with their (NT) careers after this year. Ognjenović most likely too, but she did allow a slim chance of playing next year too.

Ognjenovic signed a 2 year contract with Eczacibasi, wouldn't it be possible that she goes for one last Olympics since those are in 3 years? Or maybe she skips next NT seasons to come back for Paris '24

How great would it be if she plays 08 12 16 20 and 24 Olympics

• With Maja you never know. Hasn’t she been supposed to retire from the NT for like a decade now? :D

Is Terzic’s departure confirmed for after the ECH?

• With Maja you never know. Hasn’t she been supposed to retire from the NT for like a decade now? :D

Is Terzic’s departure confirmed for after the ECH?

Not (yet).

• Terzic should leave, these type of moments say a lot about where a trainer is at and for Terzic it feels like he is at his uninspired era... Lazovic should have just been here, but the same kinda mistake was made in all NTs almost somehow...

Moving on from here, I hope to see more Turkish lower-mid level teams scout the Serbian youngsters and combine them with the Turkish youngsters. Serbian youngsters really are overperformers and always willing to fight, I honestly would see a lot of success and possible growth on both ends but they need to all be given chances instead of the random veteran that never really had much success being forced as starter always.

• Yeah, that's what she said, that at this point it looks more likely that she'll go. Tijana also said she'll do everything she can to convince her.

I don't know. If she's in good shape by then and really willing to play, why not. But it better not be another Mihajlović-like fiasco or Rašić half-assed attempt.

Already at these Olympics I was wondering if she's playing more out of sense of duty then a real desire, I imagine it's not going to get better in 3 years time.

But we'll see, there still a long way to go.

• Yeah, that's what she said, that at this point it looks more likely that she'll go. Tijana also said she'll do everything she can to convince her.

I don't know. If she's in good shape by then and really willing to play, why not. But it better not be another Mihajlović-like fiasco or Rašić half-assed attempt.

Already at these Olympics I was wondering if she's playing more out of sense of duty then a real desire, I imagine it's not going to get better in 3 years time.

But we'll see, there still a long way to go.

Yeah it looked like to me too, but she had a rough last months playing for Vakif too. IMO after the ECH she should get a good rest, not only physically, but emotionally too.. I hope she gets her game going

• for the ones saying serbia did bad not going to vnl i feel serbia going to vnl or no woulfn't change

rasic has been not as past and even maja couldn't make those OH shine so vnl or no,serbia woulfnplay exactly the same this olympics

Boskoballs + some middle blockers attacks

I disagree, they could have experiment more with ideal OH line up. Maybe Lazoviç could have been integrated to the team better.

About Maja, it will all depend on her willingness/motivation. I really wished Rasiç wasn't in this roster, not that she didn't deserve it but she looked like someone dragged her from holidays. If Maja would have same attitude, Serbia might as well rely on one of the youngsters.

Who will be the libero? that department doesn't have much options neither