Serbia NT 2021

• And you know when the line-up for the European Championships will be announced? I hope Lazovic will go:rose:

• I disagree, they could have experiment more with ideal OH line up. Maybe Lazoviç could have been integrated to the team better.

About Maja, it will all depend on her willingness/motivation. I really wished Rasiç wasn't in this roster, not that she didn't deserve it but she looked like someone dragged her from holidays. If Maja would have same attitude, Serbia might as well rely on one of the youngsters.

Who will be the libero? that department doesn't have much options neither

Yeah lazovic she should have gone but i told you if this same squad go to the vnl

i doubt it would make busa,blagojevic,rasic or popovic rise her level

• The concern I have about Maja is if she’s willing to put in the necessary work. Going forward with a different team, the VNL becomes so important to build team chemistry but I’m not sure she can really be bothered with tournaments like that anymore. I don’t blame her: she’s 37 and it’s a long season but just turning up for World Championships and Olympics won’t work anymore.

• On the cev page there is such a squad of the Serbian women's national team:

Opposite: Tijana Boskovic,Ana Bjelica,Vanja Savic,Sara Carić

Setter: Maja Ognejnović,Sladjana Mirković,Rada Perović,Ana Jaksic

Middle-Blocker: Milena Rasic,Stefana Veljkovic,Mina Popović,Maja Aleksić,Hena Kurtagić,Jovana Kocić

Outside spiker: Brankica Mihajlović,Katarina Lazović,Bianka Busa,Bojana Milenković,Jelena Blagojević,Jovana Mirosavljevic,Aleksandra Uzelac

Libero: Silvija Popović,Teodora Pusic, Sanja Djurdjević

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…aspx?TeamID=11852&ID=1248

• The concern I have about Maja is if she’s willing to put in the necessary work. Going forward with a different team, the VNL becomes so important to build team chemistry but I’m not sure she can really be bothered with tournaments like that anymore. I don’t blame her: she’s 37 and it’s a long season but just turning up for World Championships and Olympics won’t work anymore.

Given her age, I wonder for how long she still intends to play

• An interesting interview with Jovana Brakočević after the QF against Italy. First she praises Maja A LOT and says she's the main reason she's following and supporting the team so much.

The second part is where it's as she talks about her "rivalry" with Tijana Bošković. She says that the reality of the sports is that sometimes you simply have to make room for the young upcoming talents, and in order to do so, you need to "sacrifice" other players. And she experienced it on her own skin at WCh '14 where she was benched so Tijana would be the starter. It hurt her a lot at the time, but from this perspective she realizes it was the right thing to do because it helped Tijana to grow and become the player she is now, and at the end it's all about what's best for the team. Later she tried to catch up with Tijana but eventually she realized that no matter how hard she trained she simply was never going to be as good as her, that Tijana with all the talent she has is also a lot superior physically and it's something she just cannot compete against. And now she's made her peace with everything that happened and realizes what a privilege it was to play alongside someone like Tijana.

You rarely get to hear someone being so brutally honest about themselves and their abilities. I still don't think she's quite over what happened in 2014, but it's alright. There are things in life that are always going to hurt no matter what.

• You rarely get to hear someone being so brutally honest about themselves and their abilities. I still don't think she's quite over what happened in 2014, but it's alright. There are things in life that are always going to hurt no matter what.

If I remember correctly that was really weird. I think Sanja Malagurski played alomost the whole summer as the opposite and many people though her plac was locked.

There were also Bjelica and Brakocević in the trening camp. Nobody really knew who Boskovic was. She just played some friendly games right before the WCH started and surprisingly called for WCH.

• If I remember correctly that was really weird. I think Sanja Malagurski played alomost the whole summer as the opposite and many people though her plac was locked.

There were also Bjelica and Brakocević in the trening camp. Nobody really knew who Boskovic was. She just played some friendly games right before the WCH started and surprisingly called for WCH.

It all happened really fast. Tijana was with the junior NT earlier that summer, playing at the WCh. Brakočević was recovering from injury but her there was no doubt she'd be there at the WCh, it was just the question whether Malagurski or Bjelica would be her back-up. But then Tijana made a good impression on the junior squad, got called to train with the A team, made an even better impression there and ultimately made it to WCh. And not only that, she got to be in the starting line-up immediately. Nobody knew it was going to happen until the night before the opening match against Turkey, not even Tijana. She talked about how stunned she was, how lost she felt and how sorry she was for Brakočević who got to be on the bench and Bjelica who stayed at home. Stefana Veljković was her roommate and she helped her to calm down and focus. And already in the first match Tijana was brilliant and showed everyone that putting her as the starter was the right thing to do.

And that's why it's so annoying that the coach who once had the guts to bench his best player because he felt that an even better was coming up and deserved a chance to play (and was right about that!) didn't have the same courage at these Olympics to cut Mihajlović out when it obvious she's nowhere near ready to play. But I guess it's true that most people do get more conservative with age.

• It all happened really fast. Tijana was with the junior NT earlier that summer, playing at the WCh. Brakočević was recovering from injury but her there was no doubt she'd be there at the WCh, it was just the question whether Malagurski or Bjelica would be her back-up. But then Tijana made a good impression on the junior squad, got called to train with the A team, made an even better impression there and ultimately made it to WCh. And not only that, she got to be in the starting line-up immediately. Nobody knew it was going to happen until the night before the opening match against Turkey, not even Tijana. She talked about how stunned she was, how lost she felt and how sorry she was for Brakočević who got to be on the bench and Bjelica who stayed at home. Stefana Veljković was her roommate and she helped her to calm down and focus. And already in the first match Tijana was brilliant and showed everyone that putting her as the starter was the right thing to do.

And that's why it's so annoying that the coach who once had the guts to bench his best player because he felt that an even better was coming up and deserved a chance to play (and was right about that!) didn't have the same courage at these Olympics to cut Mihajlović out when it obvious she's nowhere near ready to play. But I guess it's true that most people do get more conservative with age.

It was u20 ech not wch

in that tournment she was best opposite i think

• Jovana is a true sportswoman, it must have been hard for her back in 2014. I always an image of her as kind of a cold hearted women but these quotes changes my view. She can be very proud of herself and her career and she's still doing great on the court

• It was u20 ech not wch

in that tournment she was best opposite i think

she was the MVP, but does it really matters, the story is just above that, in this particular case, irrelevant facts.

• Sorry, I didn't want to say but you repeatedly posting quite same thing over and over again is kinda annoying. I see you are extremely excited and want to know about the roster but you posting same thing won't make them announce the roster faster. Just saying :)

• Today is Tijana Malešević weeding, Brankica Mihajlović will be best woman.

• Training for EuroVolley.

Veljkovic is there :rose:

Stefa<3 I wonder what about Mihajlovic:cheesy:If Miha still has back problems, it doesn't make sense for her to be on those ME:win:But she is glad that Stefa is coming back:rose:

• My God what a terrible sets, poor attackers:rolll:

Veljkovic still didn’t signed with any club ?:what:

• Mihajlovic isn't with the team in Belgrade, it is quite possible that she won't play at EuroVolley.