Serbia NT 2021

• Never heard you can have more than 14 players for European Championships

Pusic is deleted from the list;)

https://www-old.cev.eu/Competi…ID=1248&CID=7806&PID=1993

• Roster without Pušić is confirmed by OSSRB.

As in team of 14 players you have to list 2 liberos, as expected Blagojević is the second next to Popović.

• Respecting her choice but

You know, it’s very hard. It is too difficult to find male and female clubs in the same city. On the other hand – even if we find it without it being in the same place – I don’t want that at all.

gurl Istanbul is welcoming your family...

• Respecting her choice but

You know, it’s very hard. It is too difficult to find male and female clubs in the same city. On the other hand – even if we find it without it being in the same place – I don’t want that at all.

gurl Istanbul is welcoming your family...

Exactly! I'm sure Fenerbahçe would have been more than happy to get veljkovic instead of popovic. Same for male team, they would love to have her husband. Probably both male and female GS teams would be a good place for them

• She was actually supposed to join Fenerbahce before she got pregnant.

There was another interview with her and she says she's not counting out continuing her career IF she can live and play in the same city with her husband.

Obviously, chances of that happening this season are almost none, but we can cross our fingers for the future.

• Terzic was at least unsatisfied with way of Serbia played against Belgium.

"We celebrated as against France, but backthen I was really happy with the game. This is how we can loose European Championship. We fell out of rhythm and lost concentration. We were too relaxed, I hope it will come to mind in time. I don't think we relied too much on Tijana's quality, but when nothing else works, then we had to go through it. It wasn’t even a basic problem because we were good in the first attack. When we have this first attack, we can beat everyone. We did not play well on our service, they had a good reception and did what they wanted. The block and defense did not work. Azerbaijan is perhaps the weakest team in the group. They came with a team that no one knows, they play poorly, while against Russia, if we play like this, we have nothing to look for. They are young, high quality and promising. Those players are eager for success and it is absurd that Russia will have a greater desire to beat us than we do for them."

• I'm disappointed that Terzic didn't give the young players more play time where there was the chance to during the group phase. Doesn't he want to improve the team and develop the young players?! After the Olympics, there doesn't seem to have any improvements from the OH side, and yet Terzic still has no plans to try out other OH duos to see how things work and they are still playing Boskobal l:wall:which doesn't work when playing against stronger teams ....

Anyway, I hope Serbia will make it to the final.....

• Terzic was at least unsatisfied with way of Serbia played against Belgium.

"We celebrated as against France, but backthen I was really happy with the game. This is how we can loose European Championship. We fell out of rhythm and lost concentration. We were too relaxed, I hope it will come to mind in time. I don't think we relied too much on Tijana's quality, but when nothing else works, then we had to go through it. It wasn’t even a basic problem because we were good in the first attack. When we have this first attack, we can beat everyone. We did not play well on our service, they had a good reception and did what they wanted. The block and defense did not work. Azerbaijan is perhaps the weakest team in the group. They came with a team that no one knows, they play poorly, while against Russia, if we play like this, we have nothing to look for. They are young, high quality and promising. Those players are eager for success and it is absurd that Russia will have a greater desire to beat us than we do for them."

I always liked Terzic statements and thinking! Implement such a system in Serbia that even giants like China and Russia (which are dinosaurs in volleyball) are afraid of them. I hope to be the leader of the team for many years to come and to bring success✌️

• I always liked Terzic statements and thinking! Implement such a system in Serbia that even giants like China and Russia (which are dinosaurs in volleyball) are afraid of them. I hope to be the leader of the team for many years to come and to bring success✌️

I'm just afraid that in that case, Serbia will become a dinosaur in volleyball. Once a dominant power, it has "now" become extinct for millennia.

• Honestly it's kinda hard to watch this team at this point. It's obvious most of them are just too drained and are simply trying desperately hard to squeeze out the little bit of energy they have left just because they're playing at home. Maja looks scary, she's visibly unwell and I'm just praying she's not going to mess up health in the long run.

In a way it sucks that ECh is played in Belgrade, I can understand it was supposed to be the farewell of this generation and no better place to do it than in front of your own crowd, but with COVID pushing the Olympics back a year this tournament is literally the last thing this team needed. They should have pulled a Russia and sent a young squad mixed with some more experienced players, but it's not possible this way. At the very least there really was no need for the A team to play every single match against the likes of Bosnia and Azerbaijan, but with Terzić's stubborness reaching new heights I don't even know what to say anymore.

• I agree that the girls look tired, they pointed it out after some matches, they are constantly out of rhythm, Boskovic is very often very nervous, they don't seem to enjoy in the court.

Kind of disagree about Maja, she pretty much always looks like she is "moribund". What I notice as a problem is that it seems to me that she is finding it increasingly difficult to survive as part of a team. The generational difference is being felt more and more.

The stupid hierarchy intended by Terzic also contributes to that, where younger players and the bench in general are not integrated into the team, there is always this elitistically imposed difference between the first and second line-up.

I know I'm exaggerating by mentioning Lazovic, but the topic is really irritating. Last night she finally got such a chance and in fact, despite the absence of the most efficient game ever, in the second set she used it and again showed that her place is in the starting 6. Of course, throughout the match Terzic hovered over her, because she did not follow his tactical ideas by 100%, not realizing that a complete fit into the team requires playingtime that she didn’t value in his mind.

The player I respect more and more is Mina Popovic, great athleticism, and besides that what especially attracted me, that is she is always ready to answer to Terzic.

• It's very obvious that Maja has trust issues, she's losing touch with this team precisely because there's no connection with the other players. We're not really seeing much of a transition of the younger players into the team probably in part due to Terzic's hierarchy or perhaps the lack of synchronisation with other members.

• The player I respect more and more is Mina Popovic, great athleticism, and besides that what especially attracted me, that is she is always ready to answer to Terzic.

could you please elaborate what you meant by “she is always ready to answer to Terzic”?
    do you mean with her game or actual responding?

I love her athleticism as well. She is quick and jumps great. Watching her attack or block replays in slow motion is a great pleasure.

• do you mean with her game or actual responding?

Yeah i was to selfish in this part LOL.

I mean on actual responding. Terzic often discusses how to place in the block, how to place in defense, why the service is not sharper and better,....,and major of player just keep quiet and listen but Mina very often has a comment, I mean don't argue, just has some comment.

• I'm afraid Lazović won't be of much use anymore. She's barely played since what, early June, so expecting her to just step onto court and find her groove just like that simply isn't realistic. And the worst thing is that Terzić had enough confidence in her two years ago when she was just a rookie to bring her in to serve against Poland at the OQT, at the end of a VERY tense and tight fourth set with so much at stake, and it paid off. Why she's being ignored right now when she's a much better player (and her competition for the spot in the starting line-up is much weaker in Brankica's absence) is just inexplicable.

Also, I'm questioning just how much they're enjoying playing at home. Of course they're saying they are, because duh, but it really doesn't look to be the case. And it was exactly the same 10 years ago when we had a team that should have barely dropped a set en route to the title and instead we witnessed them struggling against the likes of France and Romania and then of course those epic battles in the semis and finals. Terzić openly admitted later that he didn't know how to relieve the pressure of playing at home and it seems he still hasn't learned it.

• I also think that lazovic should play more often but when she got the chance she didn't use well, she made so many mistakes and get blocked many times. I think she should show a.better performance whenever she gets a chance to prove terzic wrong

• I also think that lazovic should play more often but when she got the chance she didn't use well, she made so many mistakes and get blocked many times. I think she should show a.better performance whenever she gets a chance to prove terzic wrong

Made so many mistakes and get blocked many times?

It sounds like you wrote this just based on statsheets and maybe watched match against Russia.

She wasn't in starting line up yet in any match, she got the chance just at the end of sets in earliler matches (and used well). Against Azerbeijan because of poor performance by Buša she was in court for about 1 and half set and she didn't use chance just well, indeed she was briliant. 7pts in one set with significant contribution in every aspect, sharp angle attacks with several great defenses and consistency in service make great impression. Against Russia she was shaky at reception and wasn't effective in attack as she used to in VNL for example, but she get just 8 sets (mostly by Mirkovic, one from Ognjenovic was successfull) while she made great and important service run in second set, significantly contributed to Serbia reversing that set and winning and securing first place in the group.

How to prove at all herself if she didn't get a true chance, whenever she got it wasn't worse than the rest of our OH's, it's just absurd what you said.

• Wow! you are so biased toward certain players that it is crovolley-Fabris level!:what::white:

You are very manipulative: Lazoviç played TERRIBLE against Russia. I watched the match, she has never been a great receiver but at that match, her reception mistakes were amateur level, not shaky like you claim. Her attack was TERRIBLE too, 1 error and 2 times blocked out of 8 attempts with only 2 points. I wouldn't call this "she wasn't effective in attack". If this was the performance of Milenkoviç, I am sure you would call it way different. And that's what I mean you being manipulative and biased towards certain players.

And it is absolutely funny you are talking about her performance against Azerbaijan which is hands-down the weakest one of 24 teams. You realize how absurd this sounds right?:roll: Even against such a weak team, her reception was terrible and at attack, she wasn't any better than Busa or Milenkoviç. Stop putting all the blame to setters, other OHs also have to play with the same setters.

As mentioned earlier, I also think Lazoviç deserves more chances but whenever she got a chance she didn'T show she was better than the other two OHs. And the way you put double standard towards her performance and Busa/milenkoviç is ridiculous.:down:

• You simply work had for years not to understand the essence and you are very successfull in that. Well done LOL :obey:

And it is absolutely funny you are talking about her performance against Azerbaijan which is hands-down the weakest one of 24 teams. You realize how absurd this sounds right?:roll:

Yes, I am aware that Azerbaijan is the weakest team out of all 24, and I am talking about exactly how much Terzic's distrust towards young players and insisting on that hierarchy is disastrous for the development of young players and their integration into the team. In the previous period, this did not have a special impact, because more experienced rest of the team was dominant and some players were integrated as task players (covering Mihajlovic at the reception) and that is how it survived. Until this moment when due to Brankica's absence, that system no longer exists. Now is really the time to think about the future and individually I respect both Busa and Milenkovic as players, but the two of them in combination, really do not seem promising (correctly said).

Lazovic, who showed this year in the VNL that she can play at a really high level, as a potential for a complete OH that Serbia lacks for generations, was cut for OG. Ok, there was no courage for that brave and risk choice, let's write it off, but in the group stage of EuroVolley where those opponents are BEL, RUS, B&H, AZE and FRA, you don't allow that player to start even against that Azerbaijan, and then on this forum you show up saying it's actually her fault for not using well chance she got. Really creepy inference.

As mentioned earlier, I also think Lazoviç deserves more chances but whenever she got a chance she didn'T show she was better than the other two OHs. And the way you put double standard towards her performance and Busa/milenkoviç is ridiculous.:down:

That is just not true LOL, "whenever" include Azerbaijan also never mind how weak they are, that was match when she got a chance and was clear upgrade to Buša.

• I agree with Bogdan here, she showed a lot of potential, I also agree that she could've maybe used it better. But I don't like this kinda dynamic I see right now between Terzic and Lazovic tbh. Very little confidence and it rubs off on the player eventually. Busa-Milenkovic together is a no to me long term as well. Even if Lazovic isn't the confirmed solution with what we have seen of her she should at least be given the chance to play full matches for sure, especially against some teams here...