China NT 2021

• They just want to kill her if they dont at that point

Yeah I agree with you, they should train new talents and stop focusing on the old ones

Smth really exciting about this upcoming generation tho, the MBs are looking fresh and strong

The OH not so much except for LYY (nobody will ever replace zhu tbh), they need to find an OPP as strong as Egonu

Zhu/Li/Zhang starting lineup

• They just want to kill her if they dont at that point

Yeah I agree with you, they should train new talents and stop focusing on the old ones

Smth really exciting about this upcoming generation tho, the MBs are looking fresh and strong

The OH not so much except for LYY (nobody will ever replace zhu tbh), they need to find an OPP as strong as Egonu

The other middles are still questionable to me and probably a good idea to test out new setters as well.

I wanna see Chen Peiyan in the mix. I don't care if she's not the traditional receiving opposite, she's tall with a strong left arm. The younger generation of OHs are shorter than what the NT likes so I don't know if they'll even be called.

• The other middles are still questionable to me and probably a good idea to test out new setters as well.

I wanna see Chen Peiyan in the mix. I don't care if she's not the traditional receiving opposite, she's tall with a strong left arm. The younger generation of OHs are shorter than what the NT likes so I don't know if they'll even be called.

Agree, ding xia is starting to fade now and yao di just aint it, idk how she made it to the olympics

I just searched Chen up she is quite tall and still young

CHN needs to get out of their traditional cycle if they want to evolve

• I can't really think of anyone who is even remotely close to ZT in her generation, worldwide.

That's true, her epic unique jump to her spikes

everything is just breathtaking

she is breathtaking, i hope these last matches dont phase her or diminish her self-confidence bcs she is still so much it (being injured and scoring 18 pts is amazing)

• I hope she doesnt

She clearly showed that she cant take wise decisions during crisis, we need fresh coaches

I still think she's a legend tbh, I don't dismiss her entire career, but every great thing comes to an end. Her opponents deciphered her simply, and she was not prepared for the first time. Time to start a new chapter, she has been wanting to live a peaceful live outside of top sports anyway, it doesn't come as a surprise to me thinking like that, she has been so done with it that she literally put everything on poor Zhu's shoulders. This is where I become less sympathetic though, it is in spite of her health. Unacceptable.

• I still think she's a legend tbh, I don't dismiss her entire career, but every great thing comes to an end. Her opponents deciphered her simply, and she was not prepared for the first time. Time to start a new chapter, she has been wanting to live a peaceful live outside of top sports anyway, it doesn't come as a surprise to me thinking like that, she has been so done with it that she literally put everything on poor Zhu's shoulders. This is where I become less sympathetic though, it is in spite of her health. Unacceptable.

I feel like she wanted glory for herself again (especially now that she wants to retire) and just got greedy with sucess that shes spiraling out of control

Its true tho we cant denyy the fact that she made great things for the NT, she coached zhu very well

• The biggest question is will JLP continue?

I think no. It's probably for the best for both sides, for Lang Ping to move on with retirement (stress free) and for the Chinese NT to find someone else to lead their future.

tenor.gif?itemid=17608507

• Give world class treatment to Zhu and give her a rest. She has done so much for Chinas Volleyball for almost a decade.

I heard there are a bunch of tall players in Chinas pool. Time to train them!

This is another olympic cycle and Lang Ping should start thinking about the future also Of Chinas Volleyball.

China needs upgrade on MB position as Yan Ni is retiring. OH position is still good until 2024 but OPP, they need to find aggressive players or better substitute for LYH.

i dont have so much acccess to Chinas Volleyball but who are on the radar to replace this generation? Any Zhu Ting levels in the making??

• Chinas remaining challenge is Italy. Im 100 percent sure they will win 3-0 against Argentina.

Question is will Zhu play even with her condition?

I don’t think so. It is not worth it. Let ZT rest and don’t ruin her. China owes ZT its volleyball glory from 2015 to present; she should be given the best doctor and treatment there is in this world.

• Chinas remaining challenge is Italy. Im 100 percent sure they will win 3-0 against Argentina.

Question is will Zhu play even with her condition?

Shouldn't have played Zhu at all knowing her condition. But I think Zhu wanted to play and pressure from home also contributed to this mess. This was Lang Ping's biggest blunder. Combo of Zhang/Li should be enough to make it out of group stage. It exposed China's long term players health problem so reform is greatly needed to prevent future debacles.

• I'm done with JLP, honestly, full of shit, take some responsibilities!:down: Zhu literally was useless on the court, and she still wouldn't sub her out:hit: It's baffling to see them turned into a completely unrecognizable team in less than a month.

It's almost unbelievable that the Tokyo Challenge event was not even that long ago and Zhu was at the top of her game and attacking like crazy (just watch the match against Japan!).

Could her wrist have worsened so much in such a short time? If it did, much more should have been done to ensure that that didn't happen!