China NT 2021

• Apparently the coaching squad votes on these tough decisions, and her performance wasn't good enough for the majority of the coaching squad to believe in her over Gong Xiangyu.

who is going to take over the head coach position after OG? The previous coach?

• who is going to take over the head coach position after OG? The previous coach?

Most likely An Jiajie (assistant coach; coached Grand Champions Cup in 17). Hopefully he'll be assisted by Lai Yawen (an assistant, 96 silver medalist) or some of the more senior players. Definitely not the previous coach Yu Juemin (the one who went to London and lost to Japan) or Wang Baoquan (Tianjin coach, former NT coach) or Cai Bin (another former NT coach, currently coaching Jiangsu)

Of course, I personally hope Lang Ping can stay until 2022 WCh.

• Did Lang Ping ever say that, or is that just what everybody thinks happened?

Not that I think what she said in the movie is necessarily true, especially since it was obviously part of a narrative move (the Xiaotong bit).

We will never know the reason unless Lang Ping decides to tell everyone, which I think is unprofessional for any coach in any country. Fans believed she was left out because of her poor performances during the WGP. She and Shen Jingsi were tested but weren't good enough to make the final 12. Zeng lost to a noob Gong and Yang Fangxu, whom just recovered from a serious injury. That pretty much told how badly Zeng was performing. Shen Jingsi lost her spot to Wei Qiuyue with two busted knees. I think it's just bad luck sometimes.

• http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-iiznezxs9797469.shtml

The official first training camp in 2021:

S - Ding Xia, Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Liu Yan-han, Li Yao

OH - Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, Li Ying-ying, Liu Xiao-tong

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Yan Ni, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu, Hu Ming-yuan

L - Wang Meng-jie, Lin Li, Ni Fei-fan

Only one important message: Li Yao is in and Zeng Chun-lei is out.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• There are some other interesting things in that news:

Yuan Xinyue is back with Chongqing (her hometown), so clearly none of the discussions about her transfer worked. Hopefully she goes international after Olympics (covid permitting)

Liu Yanhan went to Liaoning

Gao Yi went to Shanghai (ok, we kind of knew that) and the coaching squad didn't give up on her after not inviting her to NT in 2018-2020

Hu Mingyuan in, Zheng Yixin out ( sitenoise will not be happy)

There are six MBs so it seems like none of the young MBs are to Jenny's satisfaction. In other words 3rd MB is very much still an open discussion

• I love Zheng Yixin as well. If she was taller that spot would be hers, her skill are more well rounded than the others. I'm surprised Hu is still there since she is also short like Zheng.

I expected other options at setter/outside hitter since Diao needs to recover and Liu Xiaotong is quesionable. Maybe others will join either in the second stage or there will be a separate location for training younger players for the next cycle, Paris 2024.

• IMO china has the obligation to win olympics

they have experiences in severals finals

all their players have play little this past 2 years only in local league in 2 months duration

have been the only team training during the pandemic

have play the entire cycle at home or near home at competitions

have had opportunity to try several players as being qualified as host to vnl

their players have had more rest than other countries

so for me china have the obligation to win because of that

any country at world have had that benefits in this last years

• I love Zheng Yixin as well. If she was taller that spot would be hers, her skill are more well rounded than the others. I'm surprised Hu is still there since she is also short like Zheng.

I expected other options at setter/outside hitter since Diao needs to recover and Liu Xiaotong is quesionable. Maybe others will join either in the second stage or there will be a separate location for training younger players for the next cycle, Paris 2024.

Neither Hu or Zheng would have been seriously considered as a 3rd MB anyways, with one of them being Yuan and the other Yan, the 3rd MB should be a substitute for Yan due to age/health concerns. So the 3rd MB should be a better blocker and if the attacking is not as good it's ok. Boskovic or Egonu will just go over Hu/Zheng's block unfortunately.

I expect them to be there as sparring partners anyways.

• Certainly the goal is for gold, but I think any top 3 finish is within expectations. I was watching the VNL match vs Italy the other day and we were really lucky to have won that 3-2.

• I don't often like to express this out-loud (consider this my new year's gift to you, ZTF:P), but I'm fairly certain China will win gold. Just, everything points to it.

• I don't often like to express this out-loud (consider this my new year's gift to you, ZTF:P), but I'm fairly certain China will win gold. Just, everything points to it.

Thanks, hopefully we will get to see the results. I am less sure than you are :P