China NT 2021

• Not necessarily. Only if Jenny wants to take two liberos for whatever reason. Wang Mengjie is really good lol

yes, without a doubt WMJ is their top libero at the moment. Linli was inconsistent in the super league, and besides her selection was affected by the overall poor performance of the Fujian team, but at least she was included in the centralised training. Zheng Yixin was not even invited.

What do you make of the players in the Chinese New Year greeting along with coach LP? There were 20 of them not including ZT and Yaodi. They included Duan Fang, Du QQ and setter Mei XH....Maybe a larger group of players are undergoing training...an Olympic squad and a backup team to participate in the VNL, if it’s going ahead or other tournaments.

• yes, without a doubt WMJ is their top libero at the moment. Linli was inconsistent in the super league, and besides her selection was affected by the overall poor performance of the Fujian team, but at least she was included in the centralised training. Zheng Yixin was not even invited.

What do you make of the players in the Chinese New Year greeting along with coach LP? There were 20 of them not including ZT and Yaodi. They included Duan Fang, Du QQ and setter Mei XH....Maybe a larger group of players are undergoing training...an Olympic squad and a backup team to participate in the VNL, if it’s going ahead or other tournaments.

I wouldn't read too much into the exclusion of ZT and YD. If they don't take ZT for any reason they're not winning vs. Italy, Serbia, USA ;) . Also I heard that she may have contracts do not allow her to advertise for other companies such as the one that sponsors the NT. And she appeared on other CNY greetings.

Depending on schedule there's no way that the A-team will miss ALL of VNL. They haven't played a serious international competition since 2019 world cup. But I hope to see new blood in the NT for VNL. idk about Duan Fang but Du QQ and Mei XH should certainly be included in the VNL squad.

• main setter Ding Xia is back in training camp thankfully, having missed all of the first one

Zheng Yixin seems to have joined too. I know her outlook for Tokyo doesn't look good because she's undersized, but she will definitely add to the training atmosphere.

• Chinese MB requirement 190cm+

Chinese OH requirement 190cm+ average

under 190cm can apply for other positions

• I havent really seen Zheng Yixin play. She is 1.88m tall which is as tall as Ogbogu. And I really do see Ogbogu as a short MB.

She played during the 2019 VNL Finals. Due to her size she doesn't put much of a block, but her slide attack is quick and she's the MB that can receive the best if need be.

• She played during the 2019 VNL Finals. Due to her size she doesn't put much of a block, but her slide attack is quick and she's the MB that can receive the best if need be.

188 is not short, come on guys! I thought she was at Asli Kalac's height who is 183. This is what is called short MB

• 188 is not short, come on guys! I thought she was at Asli Kalac's height who is 183. This is what is called short MB

The Chinese selectors are obsessed with tall OHs and MBs...Lang Ping herself has admitted that if she was playing today, she wouldn’t be selected. She’s 184cm. And neither would super spikers Lucia Bosetti (175cm) or Gabriela (180cm) if they were Chinese 😐

• some recent uploads by our favorite russian coach:

I've watched a ton of this guy's uploads. I love them. But now it's overwhelming :rolll: I'm going to ignore him for a while and come back with a fresh look.

• At present the Chinese women's NT is having its preparation training in Zhangzhou, Fujian Province until early May, the venue trial match with the Japanese team.

With Zeng Chunlei has announced her pregnancy, Li Yao, the OH from Guangdong Evergrande is called in for joining the training camp. Also Mei Xiaohan (setter), Ni Feifan (libero) and Gao Yi (MB), a big group of 19-20 players. Liu Yanhan status is not clear, whether she joins the training or not. Some players like Chen Boya and other young players (Ni / Gao / Mei) joining the training camp more for the next OG cycle (Paris) while helping out for the current team confrontation training (these young players can hardly have chance to play in Tokyo).

There are still two remaining unclear spots for the final team to Tokyo at present.

Zhu Ting

Zhang Changning

Li Yingying

Ding Xia

Yao Di

Yuan Xinyue

Yan Ni

Wang Yuanyuan

Gong Xiangyu

Wang Mengjie

?? (substitute for OP)

?? (attacker)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”