China NT 2021

• Judging from the National Games qualifiers during this period, a number of places for the Chinese women's volleyball team to participate in the Olympics is already determined. The "Seven Fairies" Zhu Ting, Yuan Xinyue, Zhang Changning, Ding Xia, Yan Ni, Gong Xiangyu and Wang Mengjie, these seven players have been nailed down, plus a third OH, the ace of Tianjin team, Li Yingying, so eight players are firm to attend the Tokyo Olympics.

The other candidate players to make up the 12 strong team are:

- the fourth OH: Liu Yanhan / Liu Xiaotong (Liu Xiaotong is suffering injuries, condition and age put her in much disfavour); but can't rule out that other player may come out

- the third MB: Wang Yuanyuan / Yang Hanyu / Zheng Yixin / Gao Yi, may be decided by the performance in the VNL

- the second setter: Yao Di / Diao Linyu

- the second OP: Li Yao may be the surprise candidate, she can play as OH and OP, the probability is very high

- libero - if the tactical system requires two liberos, then Ni Feifan is also a strong candidate

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Liu Xiaotong's performance recently hasn't been convincing. She still looks to be in bad shape. Liu Yanhan might not be in a good terms as well since it looked like she left training earlier that the others.

Li Yao could be a surprise, but we still have to wait and see how she does at VNL if she makes the roster.

Was hoping Xu Ruoya got a call after the season ended, but she didn't. If roster size wasn't limited I would like to see Chen Boya and possibly Chen Peiyan get a call for training for VNL.

Gao Yi could move up in the middle blocker rankings. Not only does she have the height, but she's made more improvements than Yang Hanyu in my opinion.

• I can’t for the life of me understand how Liu XT can remain in the NT. In her prime she was a strong hitter and had a reasonably good jump serve. As a reserve player in Rio 2016, she replaced out of form players in some matches and did a good job. For that, the national team, the nation and all her fans are eternally grateful. But then, she went into a steady decline. Her spiking now lacked power, her jump serve, a low percentage weapon in the best of times got picked up easily. Her receiving was no better. It was sad to watch.:|

• Looks like Liu Yanhan made the list after all.

Also who is that in between Wang and Gong, Duan Fang?? If that is her I'm surprised she got called.

• Looks like Liu Yanhan made the list after all.

Also who is that in between Wang and Gong, Duan Fang?? If that is her I'm surprised she got called.

Your links in each comment all point to the same picture (Zhu Ting and Wang Yuanyuan)

I'd be surprised to see Duan Fang as well...

• Your links in each comment all point to the same picture (Zhu Ting and Wang Yuanyuan)

I'd be surprised to see Duan Fang as well...

I'm not really good at linking stuff, but it's from this weibo account.

Nevermind, that's Li Yao between them. Here's a video that shows them better.

• Wei Qiuyue: Once turned away by Lang Ping, tortured by illness, now in a high position

(April 2021 - spoken CN w/o Engsub)

She was once known as the most beautiful setter in Asia. She was once the captain of the women's volleyball national team and led the team to win the Rio Olympic Games in 2016. She is Wei Qiuyue 魏秋月 who has played for the national team for 14 years. Why did Lang Ping once turn her away?

After the 13th Chinese National Games in 2017, Wei announced her retirement as a professional volleyball player. What is this beautiful women's volleyball leader doing after retiring? Now Wei Qiuyue has taken on the post of deputy secretary of the Tianjin Municipal Committee of the Communist Youth League (CYL) at the 14th congress of Tianjin CYL on Jan 15, 2018. Wei, 32, was born in the city in north China, where she was first exposed to volleyball at the age of five and was selected to play for Tianjin Women's Volleyball Team at 15. She and her husband, Yuan Lingxi, the assistant coach of Tianjin Women's VC, now run a good and happy life!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Wei Qiuyue: Once turned away by Lang Ping, tortured by illness, now in a high position

I don't like this post :rolll::rolll:

"Why did Lang Ping once turn her away?"

What's that all about?

• I don't like this post :rolll::rolll:

"Why did Lang Ping once turn her away?"

What's that all about?

hahaha... I was just too lazy to put in the narrative then...

In 2013 Lang Ping took charge of the NT, a drastic change was done to the Chinese women's volleyball ecosystem. Wei Qiuyue was not included in the roster list of the national team for three periods, she's considered as "too slow" on court after the tragic defeat in London OG as well as the succeeding lost in the Asian Championship... indeed Wei was blamed for the failures, she even got a nick "The Sluggish Wei" among the Chinese volleyball fans. In disappointment for not being called into the NT, she eventually went to abroad to play. But when Tianjin's setter, Mi Yang, left the club, the head coach, Wang Baoquan, asked Wei to return to club. Back to her original club, Tianjin, Wei shone again, and eventually attracted the interests of the Chinese volleyball fans again, who appealed her rejoining the NT. Finally in NT's 2014 list Wei Qiuyue was again called into the team, and the rest was history!

Wei Qiuyue and spouse, Yuan Lingxi, the assistant coach of the national team

• Some people say that there are 17 players at training camp:

OH: Zhu, Zhang, Li, Liu Yanhan, Wang Yizhu

MB: Yan, Yuan, Wang Yuanyuan, Yang Hanyu

OP: Gong & Li Yao

S: Ding, Yao Di, Diao Linyu, Mei Xiaohan (how little does LP trust YD.... lol)

L: Wang, Ni Feifan

It looks reasonable to me even if I disagree with it

* as mentioned before Zheng Yixin, Liu Yanhan, and Lin Li can't make it

• Some names I would've liked to see (at least for training).

Gao Yi: She's made fast progress since transferring to Shanghai and rejoining the A Team in training the beginning of this year.

Chen Boya: Her reception and defense are valuable as a future seedling. I think she has more potential than Wang Yizhu if she was given more opportunities.

Chen Peiyan: There's not much attacking opposites in the league, but with her height she has potential to become one. It's also good that she's taking responsibility in learning how to receive.

Xue Yizhi: Athleticism is her biggest advantage against other Chinese middle blockers, she's quick and can jump well. If the coaches teach her how to read opponents and put up a strong block she could be really good for the NT.