China NT 2021

• Why did the Chinese women's volleyball team lose to Japan in the London Olympic Games? It was a very much unfortunate defeat (2021-04-17)

In the 2012 London Olympic Games, the Chinese women's volleyball team encountered the Japanese team in the quarter-finals. After the five-set match, the Chinese team lost 2-3, and finally ranked fifth. After qualifying, the Japanese team swept the South Korean team in the bronze medal match, and stood on the podium again since they won the bronze medal in 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.

The QF match of China against Japan was very fierce: 26:28, 25:23, 23:25, 25:23 and 16:18, there was only a difference of two points in each set, no matter whether they won or lost. It is very similar to the four-set match between the Chinese team against the Dutch team in the semi-finals of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. At that time, although the Chinese women's volleyball team won, the process was very difficult, and there was only two points difference in each set. It was a pity that in the final stage of the competition between Chinese and Japanese teams in the London Olympic Games, the Chinese team made many mistakes and gave up the opportunity. The ability to grasp the opportunity was not enough.

It's quite regrettable that the Chinese team lost that match. Maybe the team underestimated the opponent a bit before the match. When the draw came out, the whole team was very satisfied and thought that the draw was awarded. In fact, at this time, the Chinese team already underestimated the opponent and had a lax mind. In a four-year competition like the Olympic Games, there is no absolute weak team. Only by making the most difficult preparation, can the team not panic and have a clear idea. Obviously, the team did not prepare well, so that the opponent attackers Saori Kimura and Yukiko Ebata dominated the net, they scored higher than what Wang Yimei and Hui Ruoqi could achieve, the Japanese team was fast, Chinese blocking was not good, Japanese team had excellent passes, delicate small ball skills and tenacious defense caused Chinese attackers did less vigorously, but the Chinese coach, on the other hand, was always slow to adapt. In short, the strength of Chinese and Japanese teams were equal to each other, the Chinese team did not have enough strength to subdue the opponent's resistance reliably. The Chinese team underestimated the opponent first, and the opponent was ready to give full fight and showed excellent performance. It was no accident that the Chinese team lost the match.

In fact, the transition between the old and the new of the Chinese team in the London Olympic cycle was not good enough, the coach changed too frequently, which put the team in turmoil and stumbling. In the 2010 World Championship the team only won the 10th place, which was almost the worst record in history. Although in the 2011 World Cup the team won the third place and got the ticket to the London Olympic Games in the first attempt, it could not cover up the team's lack of competitiveness. The fundamental problem was not solved.

Losing is not a pleasant thing. Sometimes it's pretty hard to accept, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It was this particular defeat that very much impressed Lang Ping, who was a guest in the television broadcast studio. It prompted her to return to coaching the Chinese women's volleyball team in 2013, and made the team back to the top. Now the Japanese women's volleyball team is not as strong as in the past, in fact at a historical low point. However, when the Chinese women's volleyball team faces the Japanese team, they still send all the main players to play, as a respect and to avoid any upset outcome, time after time!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It happened that the National Games Preliminary round still has the 9-12 qualifying matches, involving teams like Beijing, Fujian, etc, and this will last until 22 April. That's why players like Liu XT, Zheng YX, Lin Li are absent from the NT camp as they need to play with the local teams, there's possibility that they may rejoin the NT training after these matches.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• It happened that the National Games Preliminary round still has the 9-12 qualifying matches, involving teams like Beijing, Fujian, etc, and this will last until 22 April. That's why players like Liu XT, Zheng YX, Lin Li are absent from the NT camp as they need to play with the local teams, there's possibility that they may rejoin the NT training after these matches.

poor Macau will have to endure further beatings :down:

• poor Macau will have to endure further beatings :down:

Not really, from the total 14 teams that participated in the Prelim, 8 teams advance into finals; out of the remaining 6 teams, the two lowest teams, Yunnan and Macau, are spared... positions 9 to 12 only play Beijing, Fujian, Sichuan and Hebei to determine the final ranking. But frankly I am surprised that they stage this 9-to-12 qualifying round :P

• Not really, from the total 14 teams that participated in the Prelim, 8 teams advance into finals; out of the remaining 6 teams, the two lowest teams, Yunnan and Macau, are spared... positions 9 to 12 only play Beijing, Fujian, Sichuan and Hebei to determine the final ranking. But frankly I am surprised that they stage this 9-to-12 qualifying round :P

I thought Yunnan was still playing? But Macau had to go home because they had other jobs.

• I just want to watch Zhu play 🥺

At this very moment.... I just wanna watch Miao Yiwen of the Sichuan team playing, never see a match of this young cutie :P

For the ice-breaking May Day match, I hope some widely accessible live will be provided by either party.

For the VNL, thanks God that FIVB Volleyball TV is quite sensible to provide gratis quality coverage in this difficult persistent pandemic era!

For the Summer OG Hopefully IOC and the abundant NBC will also be more sensible taking account into this matter with their copyleft hubris in the OG broadcast and coverage... in particular since the no-precedence of no foreign visitors are allowed to come to watch. Let's all hope the sensibility will prevail over the extreme greed in this interesting times... :D :obey:

• I was able to watch everything on v.qq.com at the last world cup (either with eng commentary or with cctv commentary). Hopefully we will see the same thing!

I especially liked NBC's commentary for Rio back in the day.

• FIVB Volleyball TV is quite sensible to provide gratis quality coverage

Free pass expires May 1st.

As for where you can watch it from ... "FIVB Volleyball Nations League (to be updated in May 2021)"

I'm not holding my breath for USA or Brazil

For the ice-breaking May Day match, I hope some widely accessible live will be provided by either party.

If either party is concerned about 'data leaking' do you think they would agree to broadcast it to all the teams ?

Love your optimism, though :drink:

• Free pass expires May 1st.

As for where you can watch it from ... "FIVB Volleyball Nations League (to be updated in May 2021)"

I'm not holding my breath for USA or Brazil

I can watch from v.qq in canada just fine. Really really doubt it's blocked in the US.

If either party is concerned about 'data leaking' do you think they would agree to broadcast it to all the teams ?

Love your optimism, though

In 2016 similar practice matches were played in China. Some were for public viewing but some others were not and no footage was released. Since JVF advertised it, I'd bet that we can watch it.

• I was able to watch everything on v.qq.com at the last world cup (either with eng commentary or with cctv commentary). Hopefully we will see the same thing!

I especially liked NBC's commentary for Rio back in the day.

I'll surely check v.QQ.com, Penguin, BiliBili.com etc

I thought that I read somewhere at FIVB page that the VNL matches will be broadcast by Volleyball TV and it'll be done FOC (but can't locate the short line piece). But as long as its pricing & event inclusion is reasonable, I gonna pay.

"If either party is concerned about 'data leaking' do you think they would agree to broadcast it to all the teams ?"

It's either the team does it or not does it. Unless they play with completely no tv camera coverage, no handy cam, they can't be assured of no such "leakage", live or replay. There is no such secrecy. If one team really cares then don't show it at all, play with other config.

• Boy you guys sure gave me the what's what :)

As far as FIVB is concerned I am from Canada too. Howdy neighbor! I'm happy to pay their reasonable fee for worry free HD via vpn.

Is v.qq the same as qq? And were the streams reasonable quality? QQ is a little sketchy quality-wise from my limited viewing there.

I'm going to follow the two of you on the rest of it and plan on seeing the May day match :drink:

• Oh, an abundant CAN :wavy: ☕ afternoon in Asia

v.qq.com -- the "v" denotes video section of the Tencent QQ instead of 'news' one for instance

If I happen see the link on D-day I'll post it here

• The streams were great quality for the world cup, it's in 360p for like the first 3 seconds then it changes to 720p. I'll check end of April and if there's a link I'll post it. (for the WC, links were posted way in advance)

• I haven't seen too much of Miao...any links to good quality clips/videos of matches in which she features ? Thanks :wavy:

• I haven't seen too much of Miao...any links to good quality clips/videos of matches in which she features ? Thanks :wavy:

On your service... :bump:

缪伊雯!缪斯女神发威!四川vs云南砍下21分荣膺得分王!

https://v.qq.com/x/page/x3206mh7bew.html

Miao Yiwen! The Muse Goddess's power! Sichuan vs Yunnan, she scored 21 points and won the scoring champion!

Here's an article about her.

Young Miao Yiwen starts the battle in Jiangsu, waiting for the rise of the Sichuan Women's Volleyball Team (Newcomer Special)

排超新星!小将缪伊雯首发战江苏,静待女排川军崛起(新人特辑)(2020-11-18)

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1683700425507495665

Edited once, last by samsara: addition ().

• samsara

Nice ! Attractive young lady. Can hit the ball quite hard too. I noticed she has quite sharp features, especially her nose ...hehe.... It’s interesting, many years ago I visited the mountainous regions of Sichuan and met with a minority community called Qiang.

(羌族)They all had sharp noses too ! Maybe, Miao is part Qiang :huh: