China NT 2021

• There is no mentioning at all about whom will be sent to Rimini in the Chinese sports media. Let see next few days if the final roster is the same. The team will depart for Italy on 21 May.

Zheng Yixin (26) was seen at the Fujian airport and would go to Ningbo Beilun Training Base (news, 14 May) -- it seems that her recent birthday's wishes got the Celestial answer :-) happy for her, at least to join in VNL

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: Addition ().

• As expected, Jenny is playing games along with Italy and Serbia B team lol

• Jenny bamboozled me again. I'd say I'm shocked...

• does that mean Ni Feifan is safe?! OMG

Either safe or out of contention.

I honestly don't know anymore... But she didn't receive the jump serves very well either in CVL or VNL 2019 finals. So I'd guess still Wang Mengjie.

Like, Zhang Changning is in the vnl roster but nobody would think she's "out", looks like Jenny just wants to put some pressure on players who haven't been playing as well recently.

• The reception is gonna be very interesting. Either ZCN or Li Yao will have to play OPP.

• Are those sent to VNL denied of their olympic spot? I don’t think it will be possible for them to go to Tokyo when VNL will last for a month. The amount of time to recuperate is just too short but if that’s the case, it will be weird for China to only have one setter with how Ding Xia performed during the test match.

• Are those sent to VNL denied of their olympic spot? I don’t think it will be possible for them to go to Tokyo when VNL will last for a month. The amount of time to recuperate is just too short but if that’s the case, it will be weird for China to only have one setter with how Ding Xia performed during the test match.

Of course not. You think Zhang Changning and Wang Mengjie aren't going to Tokyo?

Those sent to VNL are to be tested of who will be making the Olympics roster. Its the same during 2016 Olympics. Wei Qiuyue vs Shen Jingsi, Gong vs Zeng, and so on.

• At 10 p.m. Beijing time, the Chinese women’s volleyball team announced its VNL roster. It can be seen that the Chinese women’s volleyball team has sent a secondary lineup.

China's VNL roster:

Setter: Diao Lin-yu, Yao Di

MB: Yang Han-yu, Gao Yi, Wang Yuanyuan, Zheng Yixin

OH & OP: Li Yao, Zhang Changning, Liu Xiaotong, Liu Yanhan, Duan Fang

Libero: Lin Li, Wang Mengjie

Are those sent to VNL denied of their olympic spot? I don’t think it will be possible for them to go to Tokyo when VNL will last for a month. The amount of time to recuperate is just too short but if that’s the case, it will be weird for China to only have one setter with how Ding Xia performed during the test match.

Of course not! Actually half of the OG roster will be selected from this VNL list, it's the purpose of the VNL for verifying some positions.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Of course not. You think Zhang Changning and Wang Mengjie aren't going to Tokyo?

With the amount of games they will have to play at VNL, the probability of them being injured is actually high. You’d think those who were going to Tokyo would be protected by fairy godmother Jenny as they don’t have the luxury of time to recuperate. It made me worried that those who were sent to VNL were the “reject” based on the recent test match in Japan and whatever test they probably do during training.

• With the amount of games they will have to play at VNL, the probability of them being injured is actually high. You’d think those who were going to Tokyo would be protected by fairy godmother Jenny as they don’t have the luxury of time to recuperate. It made me worried that those who were sent to VNL were the “reject” based on the recent test match in Japan and whatever test they probably do during training.

They don't have to play every single match though. And there literally are no viable players if you don't include the 6 that stayed home and this VNL roster.

• With the amount of games they will have to play at VNL, the probability of them being injured is actually high. You’d think those who were going to Tokyo would be protected by fairy godmother Jenny as they don’t have the luxury of time to recuperate. It made me worried that those who were sent to VNL were the “reject” based on the recent test match in Japan and whatever test they probably do during training.

If you think that all the players attending the VNL won't be selected for the Tokyo OG... then which players will make up the 12-Olympian for the Chinese team?

I will help you in part: Zhu, Li; Yuan, Yan; Gong; Ding -- need another 6 to make up the list.

• I think the VNL is most likely for Lin Li vs Wang Mengjie, Yao Di vs Diao, MB battle for 3rd spot, and Liu Xiaotong vs Liu Yanhan. Not sure how many MBs and OHs will Lang Ping sent though. 3 or 4 for those spots. Since Zeng is retired, that opens up another OP spot.

• If you think that all the players attending the VNL won't be selected for the Tokyo OG... then which players will make up the 12-Olympian for the Chinese team?

I will help you in part: Zhu, Li; Yuan, Yan; Gong; Ding -- need another 6 to make up the list.

Honestly, before your clarification, I was already sad about the whole thing. I’m happy that at least some of them still has the chance to join the olympic roster. Thank you for pointing things out to me.