China NT 2021

• i got the second embarrassment when wathing it.

I was lucky to jump in just in the set #3 and no WYY in action, i overlooked the schedule and watched DOM - BEL intensely and missed other match :P:D

that's what i felt too. But i dont think theyre gonna keep this up with stronger team.

There was some luck factor in set #3 like the opponent failed to serve etc, and hopefully the team will play better against TUR to have some fair chance. I am sure the team should be able to deal with CAN. Let see week by week, two wins in one week is not bad for this A/B team! :D

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Didn't watch the match but saw some actions sets 3-5. My opinion of Gao Yi is that she is the MB version of Zhu in terms of physique but lacks the skills, just raw as hell. In all her games that I remembered, most of the time she was scrambling and late to block, making unnecessary deflections. If she can improve her block to Yan Ni's level, she's going to be a beast with her long arms and athleticism. Wang Yuanyuan and Yang Hanyu are just soft imo, with Wang being slightly better. With Zhang Changning being the best blocker, China's backup MBs are in deep trouble.

• Didn't watch the match but saw some actions sets 3-5. My opinion of Gao Yi is that she is the MB version of Zhu in terms of physique but lacks the skills, just raw as hell. In all her games that I remembered, most of the time she was scrambling and late to block, making unnecessary deflections. If she can improve her block to Yan Ni's level, she's going to be a beast with her long arms and athleticism. Wang Yuanyuan and Yang Hanyu are just soft imo, with Wang being slightly better. With Zhang Changning being the best blocker, China's backup MBs are in deep trouble.

Guess who dropped her after 2017-18 in favor of Yang Hanyu.....:whistle:

Gao Yi had a 2.98m spike height today. Hope she gets her mind together.

• Guess who dropped her after 2017-18 in favor of Yang Hanyu.....:whistle:

Shandong clique is just a fan theory so don't take it seriously. I think the honest reason Gao Yi was dropped is because of her blocking ability. Today's game showed she hasn't not improved at all. But I would take Gao Yi over Wang Yuanyuan and Yang Hanyu in the long run development.

• Shandong clique is just a fan theory so don't take it seriously. I think the honest reason Gao Yi was dropped is because of her blocking ability. Today's game showed she hasn't not improved at all. But I would take Gao Yi over Wang Yuanyuan and Yang Hanyu in the long run development.

Blocking takes time to get good at though.

• ive been waiting for Gao Yi to be another Yuan Xin Yue honestly, I mean she has all the specs needed to be a good MB. Experiences wise, i mean she's been given a lot of chance, since young age and she had a bunch of senior MB to look up to. I want to get rid that mediocre performance from her. But again, maybe we need more time to see her bloom.

• Blocking takes time to get good at though.

Yeah but she is not better at blocking than Wang Yuanyuan or Yang Hanyu. She needs to improve a lot on that. How did she do at club level on blocking?

• Yeah but she is not better at blocking than Wang Yuanyuan or Yang Hanyu. She needs to improve a lot on that. How did she do at club level on blocking?

She blocked her clubmate Yuan Xinyue quite well in the most recent cvl/national games matches

• Guess who dropped her after 2017-18 in favor of Yang Hanyu.....:whistle:

And that 2.98m spike was a slide attack with long distance & fast speed, a very impressive performance indeed. No matter how bad her blocking or other technique is (which I don’t agree at all, her standing serve caused some troubles to the German and she had some nice digs in the back row as well), that outstanding attacking ability alone which neither Wang or Yang could ever come close should make Gao staying in NT and more effort should be invested in her.

• And that 2.98m spike was a slide attack with long distance & fast speed, a very impressive performance indeed. No matter how bad her blocking or other technique is (which I don’t agree at all, her standing serve caused some troubles to the German and she had some nice digs in the back row as well), that outstanding attacking ability alone which neither Wang or Yang could ever come close should make Gao staying in NT and more effort should be invested in her.

Yes, more Gao Yi in the next few days please!!!

• Yang Hanyu was better blocking yet she had a few service errors (Wang's one brain fart serve was more embarrassing, I wouldn't even want to look at the coaching staff after that). That 2.98m slide attack by Gao Yi was because the connection is still off between her and Yao Di, hopefully overtime if she continues to play that connection will be better resulting in a quicker and higher attack point.

I agree with jetmasters that Gao Yi would be better to develop future wise. She has the athleticism just needs coaching in the right direction. Hope Shanghai can help her mentally and physically.

• Yang Hanyu was better blocking yet she had a few service errors (Wang's one brain fart serve was more embarrassing, I wouldn't even want to look at the coaching staff after that). That 2.98m slide attack by Gao Yi was because the connection is still off between her and Yao Di, hopefully overtime if she continues to play that connection will be better resulting in a quicker and higher attack point.

I agree with jetmasters that Gao Yi would be better to develop future wise. She has the athleticism just needs coaching in the right direction. Hope Shanghai can help her mentally and physically.

Yang Hanyu is terrible at serving so far in this tournament. She graduated from earlier Belien Academy. You can see the disgust on Lang Ping's face. I wouldn't be worried about Gao Yi's offensive game. I just hope she can improve blocking or else she is going to be waste of a physical talent.

• Yang Hanyu is terrible at serving so far in this tournament. She graduated from earlier Belien Academy. You can see the disgust on Lang Ping's face. I wouldn't be worried about Gao Yi's offensive game. I just hope she can improve blocking or else she is going to be waste of a physical talent.

Lang Pings face has been the same this entire tournament, she's unimpressed with this group.

I think this group needs Lang Pings tough love, that's the only way they take it seriously and improve which they need to do soon. They need to stop acting like bench players and start fighting for that starting spot because next year some veterans will retire and these players are expected to fill the spots.

• Lang Pings face has been the same this entire tournament, she's unimpressed with this group.

I think this group needs Lang Pings tough love, that's the only way they take it seriously and improve which they need to do soon. They need to stop acting like bench players and start fighting for that starting spot because next year some veterans will retire and these players are expected to fill the spots.

Is Lang Ping still coaching after Tokyo? I think An Jiajie is even more soft in terms of coaching. Everyone will just be hippity hop like Wang Mengjie.