China NT 2021

• The libero position is especially disappointing.

I don’t think Lin Li is that bad, Wang is the disappointing one (as kind of expected). It just proves again Lin>>>Wang, Wang never reaches the stability Lin has, no matter in serve & even free ball reception, and setting to the pins when setter takes the first touch.

• I don’t think Lin Li is that bad, Wang is the disappointing one (as kind of expected). It just proves again Lin>>>Wang, Wang never reaches the stability Lin has, no matter in serve & even free ball reception, and setting to the pins when setter takes the first touch.

Lin Li was bad literally every year other than 2016 and 2021. Now who should the coaches take to tokyo? Might as well bring both since it's not like a 4th outside is gonna make a real difference -_-

• Lin Li was bad literally every year other than 2016 and 2021. Now who should the coaches take to tokyo? Might as well bring both since it's not like a 4th outside is gonna make a real difference -_-

Lin was bad in 2015?? Didn’t she shine that year and secured her spot after Lang Ping tried several different liberos in 14’ and all failed? And I don’t remember Lin got much chance to play in NT after that wasted year of 2017 when the assistant coach An temporarily took over and brought his Shandong players to the starting 6.

• Lin was bad in 2015?? Didn’t she shine that year and secured her spot after Lang Ping tried several different liberos in 14’ and all failed? And I don’t remember Lin got much chance to play in NT after that wasted year of 2017 when the assistant coach An temporarily took over and brought his Shandong players to the starting 6.

Sorry, I meant "between 2016 and 2021". She wasn't great in her provincial team either... I do feel An is to blame but it's not 100% on him.

Please also make the gif of the referee asking “what happened?” afterwards:D

I stole the gif from sina: https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-ikmyaawc8619898.shtml

I'll check if I can make the gif of the ref.

• Sorry, I meant "between 2016 and 2021". She wasn't great in her provincial team either... I do feel An is to blame but it's not 100% on him.

I stole the gif from sina: https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-ikmyaawc8619898.shtml

I'll check if I can make the gif of the ref.

I honestly think if An isn’t in NT, Wang wouldn’t have that many chances and even be starter. Wang’s performance has never been that convincing. Lin’s local team is just a complete mess, she would be superhero if she could show any greatness there:aww:

• I honestly think if An isn’t in NT, Wang wouldn’t have that many chances and even be starter. Wang’s performance has never been that convincing. Lin’s local team is just a complete mess, she would be superhero if she could show any greatness there:aww:

ehh, I think An does have an influence, but I'm not sure to what extent. after the libero breakdown in the 2014 WCh finals Lang Ping personally tried new liberos, and of the new candidates she picked Lin Li and Wang Mengjie. I recall in some matches (such as vs. Italy in 2019 VNL group stage) it was Lin Li who started but in the end Lang Ping sent out Wang Mengjie. I agree it looks suspicious, but I don't think it is that convincing.

Now, if you're gonna talk about Yang Hanyu/Qian Jingwen, then yeah, what is/was she doing there...

• ehh, I think An does have an influence, but I'm not sure to what extent. after the libero breakdown in the 2014 WCh finals Lang Ping personally tried new liberos, and of the new candidates she picked Lin Li and Wang Mengjie. I recall in some matches (such as vs. Italy in 2019 VNL group stage) it was Lin Li who started but in the end Lang Ping sent out Wang Mengjie. I agree it looks suspicious, but I don't think it is that convincing.

Now, if you're gonna talk about Yang Hanyu/Qian Jingwen, then yeah, what is/was she doing there...

I remember that match. Everything was not working from the beginning, Lang Ping literally tried and subbed everyone except Zhu. Even Liu XT played as Opp at some moments:lol: And Lang’s magic worked once again!

• I remember that match. Everything was not working from the beginning, Lang Ping literally tried and subbed everyone except Zhu. Even Liu XT played as Opp at some moments:lol: And Lang’s magic worked once again!

And really, what is the point of a 4th outside hitter on this Chinese team? if Zhu/Zhang/Li aren't working then we're simply not winning.

I would support taking two liberos. It is possible. Turkey did it in 2012.

• And really, what is the point of a 4th outside hitter on this Chinese team? if Zhu/Zhang/Li aren't working then we're simply not winning.

The 4th OH would be needed if Zhang is reserved as back up Opp in some matches. And I haven’t completely given up Liu XY yet. She is indeed playing poorly as starter but in critical moments, she still managed to score somehow just like she did against Germany. In important matches she always could deliver when she’s subbed on court at the most difficult moments, IMO this is something a backup player needed. (Plus she seemed to be a lucky star to the team:D)

• The 4th OH would be needed if Zhang is reserved as back up Opp in some matches

4th OH would have to be 2nd OPP in this case. Unfortunately I really don't think there is anyone close to the level of Zhu/Li/Zhang/Gong

And based on the way Zhang is playing with the B team, not going well.... too many errors.

• And really, what is the point of a 4th outside hitter on this Chinese team? if Zhu/Zhang/Li aren't working then we're simply not winning.

I don't think bringing two liberos is a good idea. When both liberos are not up to par, it won't make a difference in the game like it didn't in 2014 World Championship final. China needs more offensive weapons. Zhu brought in most of the points in Rio. The difference between China and the rest of the world's top teams is efficiency. When you look at the stats, China usually lags behind in attack points scored and makes up with less errors and blocks. The best offensive game China played was 2019 World Cup, contributed by Zhang Changning's top form (should have won 2nd best OH award imo). This B-team attack points were far less against Japan and Germany. Even against Korea and Thailand, the attack points were not that big of a difference. So I think China needs more scorers in case starters are not scoring. China does not have better liberos so nothing to be done about that.

• It's hard to keep track of who you people have under the bus ?( I thought I was the only one with a positive outlook on Gao Yi.