China NT 2021

• And I think it's too early to show off all the cards here :P:D that's why I keep on reminding the goal is in the OG not this VNL... even the one-million dollar extra bonus still doesn't alter the standing ha ha ha:D^^ the aim should not be swayed, moreover there's an apparent JINX of WGP/VNL.

Lol "thankfully" the losses to Canada, Belgium, Serbia ensured that it's very unlikely we make the final 4 (but who knows, maybe NED and JPN will mess up)

• Interesting! I just learned that player not only relied on visual observation to spot any touch by opposing blocker in her spike but also listened to the sound. That's what Zhang CN did in telling her coaches, gave a sign touching her ear that she HEARD the sound of finger touch in demanding a challenge, in set 3 position 10-8 CHN v BRA.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara: add pic ().

• I wonder who's the FIVB commentator of the match CHN vs BRA?

He's a great commentator, had impartial commentary and focus solely on the match, not talked about other irrelevant things, and gave praise to whom deserved it. His comment was concise yet carried substances, not clichés, reflected the ongoing match progress and pinpointed. I wish other FIVB commentators will learn from him! :whistle:

Clayton Lucas if I’m not wrong!

• Interesting! I just learned that player not only relied on visual observation to spot any touch by opposing blocker in her spike but also listened to the sound. That's what Zhang CN did in telling her coaches, gave a sign touching her ear that she HEARD the sound of finger touch in demanding a challenge, in set 3 position 10-8 CHN v BRA.

interesting; I learned to watch the spin on the ball.

Clayton Lucas if I’m not wrong!

hands down best commentator (although anyone with a pulse is better than the people they put on cctv5)

When you’re playing this is oftentimes your primary clue as you don’t see the block/hands all the time.

• Is there any decent Chinese commentator? I followed the friendly match against Japan on Tencent Video and I didn’t like their commentary either 😑

Wei Qiuyue was the best in my opinion, but the bar is not set very high tbh.

• Clayton Lucas if I’m not wrong!

It wasn't Clayton. Clayton has a higher pitched voice and tends to laugh and make funny sounds when he gets excited. Also uses the term "brilliant" a lot. He's my favorite because he adds to the enjoyment. I also like the guy who called the CHN/BRA. He's more matter of fact.

• The 3rd MB for the OG selection is difficult to determine, fans suggest 'draw lots' :-) lol

As the VNL is about to enter the fourth week, the Chinese team has made a replacement adjustment according to the original plan, with four players returning home first and six main players joining the game. Among the first four players eliminated, two are MBs, Zheng Yixin and Gao Yi, which shows that the MB competition of the team is coming to a near end.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• I can only see the two liberos and the core 6 in this photo. Will Zhang and the remaining members of the first 13 abstain from the fourth week games?

Not necessarily. I wouldn't be surprised if Zhang is rested a few games but probably not every game.

• The current group was already loud, but I can already imagine Yuan XY and Li Yao having a screaming match to see who can be the loudest. I don't mind celebrating vocally, but a few occasions Li Yao would YELL for the ball to be set to her and ended up hitting straight into the block.

Let's hope neither of them do it beside Zhu's ear. :rolll:

• The current group was already loud, but I can already imagine Yuan XY and Li Yao having a screaming match to see who can be the loudest. I don't mind celebrating vocally, but a few occasions Li Yao would YELL for the ball to be set to her and ended up hitting straight into the block.

Let's hope neither of them do it beside Zhu's ear. :rolll:

Yuan XY’s screaming is music to my ears :cheesy:

• Is there a chance for usa-vhn semi finals in vnl? Assuming chn will will all remaining matches.

Depends on Japan and Netherlands. They are both 7-2 right now, China is 4-5 so need at least three losses each. (Brazil and Turkey are likely to make it along with usa)

• It wasn't Clayton. Clayton has a higher pitched voice and tends to laugh and make funny sounds when he gets excited. Also uses the term "brilliant" a lot. He's my favorite because he adds to the enjoyment. I also like the guy who called the CHN/BRA. He's more matter of fact.

I am not sure if the commentator of the following match is Clayton Lucas, but imo he is one of the best. His description of the players and their actions, his use of superlatives and his enthusiasm all adds up to top notch entertainment. In this match (China vs S Korea in the FIVB Women’s World Cup) he’s ‘peppered’ the whole match with interesting comments...here are a few examples...in Set 1 at 9.20min mark with the score at 4-3 Yuan XY ended a long rally by blocking Kim YK; in Set 1 at 20:50min, score at 15-12 Lee JY superspike after another long rally; in Set 2 at 48:00min, score at 14:10 Yanni ended another rally with a block.

Source:YouTube