China NT 2021

• Jiangsu is going to be like Beijing in a few years. Zhang and Xu Ruoya (like Liu Xiaotong and Zeng Chunlei currently) is getting older and by the the time they retire their next generation of wing spikers isn't going to be prepared to replace them.

• Jiangsu is going to be like Beijing in a few years. Zhang and Xu Ruoya (like Liu Xiaotong and Zeng Chunlei currently) is getting older and by the the time they retire their next generation of wing spikers isn't going to be prepared to replace them.

Xu is just 27, I love the age interpretation of Chinese players. When someone hits 30 she is already expected to be retired:aww:

• Xu is just 27, I love the age interpretation of Chinese players. When someone hits 30 she is already expected to be retired:aww:

It's not an interpretation I like because I would love to see players play well over 30+ years old (I wish for Yan Ni to keep her form until 35 because everyone knows the other middles are not ready to replace her), but it's rare for chinese players to maintain their level by that age range.

A lot of their players already have recurring injuries around 24-28 years old that don't get the proper treatment and recovery thus making them opt out for early retirement. I may have over exaggerated with Xu Ruoya who is still in good shape and doesnt seem to have nagging injuries (definitely one of the top OHs last season in the Chinese League).

One of Jiangsu's starting middles, Wang Chenyue is rumored to retire after this year and she's only 25. Same for MB Zhang Xiaoya of Sichuan who was part of the NT last cycle, she's 28. Li Jing OH from Zhejiang also might retire, 29. Just a few players under 30 who got their careers cut short due to injuries that maybe with better care and prevention could've played 4+ more years.

• What I understood from ZCN is that she would love to go abroad but she would never go against what the club management wants :gone::D

Which according to people here is not a transfer abroad... *sigh*

Overall she sounds more like a reserved and shy type as well, I feel she won't be super vocal about her own interests

• One of Jiangsu's starting middles, Wang Chenyue is rumored to retire after this year and she's only 25.

I thought she already retired and is part of the Jiangsu's coaching staff now.

What I understood from ZCN is that she would love to go abroad but she would never go against what the club management wants :gone: :D

her mom also didn't want her to go abroad in 2016-17 (when it was a real hot topic of discussion because Zhu Ting went to Vakifbank)

but yeah, also Jiangsu would never let her go :gone:

• What I understood from ZCN is that she would love to go abroad but she would never go against what the club management wants :gone::D

Which according to people here is not a transfer abroad... *sigh*

Overall she sounds more like a reserved and shy type as well, I feel she won't be super vocal about her own interests

All I read was "super vocal" and thought of Yuan. :rolll:

Her personality seems more open to playing abroad.

#freeYuanXinyue

• I thought she already retired and is part of the Jiangsu's coaching staff now.

So she retired after the National Games Qualifiers back in April?

I thought the news meant she was going to retire after the National Games later this year. I guess I misinterpreted that part.

• All I read was "super vocal" and thought of Yuan. :rolll:

Her personality seems more open to playing abroad.

#freeYuanXinyue

I think there's a good chance. She's only 24 and no longer has military status holding her inside the country, plus she doesn't have real ties with Tianjin so it'd look really bad on Tianjin if she wants to and they don't let her play abroad.

Imagine a Zhu/Yuan/Haak front row in Vakifbank :D

So she retired after the National Games Qualifiers back in April?

Yeah she was in the roster but I don't think she saw much court time. It could be she is both a player and assistant coach, wouldn't be new since Lang Ping had both roles in the 1985 world cup. In the men's CVL, Cui Jianjun was both a player and the head coach of Henan a few years back.

• It's not an interpretation I like because I would love to see players play well over 30+ years old (I wish for Yan Ni to keep her form until 35 because everyone knows the other middles are not ready to replace her), but it's rare for chinese players to maintain their level by that age range.

A lot of their players already have recurring injuries around 24-28 years old that don't get the proper treatment and recovery thus making them opt out for early retirement. I may have over exaggerated with Xu Ruoya who is still in good shape and doesnt seem to have nagging injuries (definitely one of the top OHs last season in the Chinese League).

One of Jiangsu's starting middles, Wang Chenyue is rumored to retire after this year and she's only 25. Same for MB Zhang Xiaoya of Sichuan who was part of the NT last cycle, she's 28. Li Jing OH from Zhejiang also might retire, 29. Just a few players under 30 who got their careers cut short due to injuries that maybe with better care and prevention could've played 4+ more years.

Was Xu Ruoya invited to NT camp this summer? dont you think she could be a better option as 4th OH instead of both Lius?

• Was Xu Ruoya invited to NT camp this summer? dont you think she could be a better option as 4th OH instead of both Lius?

In fact, if Xu Ruo-ya didn't participate in Serbian League in Season 18/19, she has to be as a MB due to Wang Chen-yue's injury or retired soon ...

Even many "fans" didn't say why Wu Han and Xu Lu-yao could be in the main roster ...

:(

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Was Xu Ruoya invited to NT camp this summer? dont you think she could be a better option as 4th OH instead of both Lius?

No she wasn't unfortunately.

I think so! Liu XT was (and still is) playing with injuries and Liu YH wasn't even signed to a team this past season, Xu Ruoya contributed more than enough to help Jiangsu get into the finals. She should've been invited to train and at least play the first 3 weeks of VNL. Duan Fang wasn't even training with the NT, they literally invited her a week before the team left for Italy.

• So she retired after the National Games Qualifiers back in April?

I thought the news meant she was going to retire after the National Games later this year. I guess I misinterpreted that part.

Wang Chenyue ? Injury issues I think....she seems to be injured very often...and she looks frail and rather ‘delicate’ compared to someone like Zhang CN   :what: