China NT 2021

• China has a great starting 8. Will the other 4 be a significant addition to the team?

Yes, I feel that the reserve players will be more important this year compared to previous OGs, not just for the Chinese but for other NTs as well. The pandemic adding to the usual uncertainties of loss of form and injuries to the starting 8.

Some of us also believe that some back up players who participated in the first 3 rounds of the VNL who were expected to fill the reserve spots...were simply not good enough, so we’re hoping JLP will look at other, more deserving players. :|

• Yes, I feel that the reserve players will be more important this year compared to previous OGs, not just for the Chinese but for other NTs as well. The pandemic adding to the usual uncertainties of loss of form and injuries to the starting 8.

Some of us also believe that some back up players who participated in the first 3 rounds of the VNL who were expected to fill the reserve spots...were simply not good enough, so we’re hoping JLP will look at other, more deserving players. :|

Who do you think should go? Can they bring back that cute and energetic player that used to wear #8?

• Source: CVA Weibo (in chinese)

edited the link as it wasn't working

additionally some sites have listed LYH as OH and GXY as the sole OPP of the team, others have LYH as OPP alongside GXY and some just didn't bother differentiating between OH/OPP. the CVA post does not include positions.

• I thought Li Yao might have had a chance, but I guess it is what it is now. Two quotes that I've heard a lot recently seem apt now- 郎导的心思你别猜 (don't guess what JLP is thinking) and 赢了一起狂,输了一起扛 (we'll be happy with the win together and "carry" the loss together)

• To Li Yao: She is average in any technical analysis. I do not support her in the roster to Tokyo.

To Liu Xiaotong: we still remember Liu Xiaotong highlights in Rio 1/4 final and her performances afterwards till Wch 2018, were all good enough to secure a Tokyo spot, however, now, she insists and struggles.

To Liu Yanhan: she is not showing her big games since VNL 2019. I hope Lang Ping bring us physical/chemical miracles while mixing her in the team.

I am not to comment the others, because 8 of players are just too good. Wang Mengjie and Yao Di are just the better options compared to their competitors. Jenny's roster is a little bit surprising me but persuading me too.

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• To Li Yao: She is average in any technical analysis. I do not support her in the roster to Tokyo.

To Liu Xiaotong: we still remember Liu Xiaotong highlights in Rio 1/4 final and her performances afterwards till Wch 2018, were all good enough to secure a Tokyo spot, however, now, she insists and struggles.

To Liu Yanhan: she is not showing her big games since VNL 2019. I hope Lang Ping bring us physical/chemical miracles while mixing her in the team.

I am not to comment the others, because 8 of players are just too good. Wang Mengjie and Yao Di are just the better options compared to their competitors. Jenny's roster is a little bit surprising me but persuading me too.

I think so too....Li Yao is just average and maybe we haven’t seen enough of Liu Yanhan to make a fair comment. As for Liu Xiaotong, she is not the player she used to be..I wouldn’t have picked her. But I’m not the head coach. Lang Ping is...and she must have her own reasons for doing so. I don’t know, maybe it’s for good omen, as one member has pointed out, Brazil has never beaten China when LXT is playing....even in the recently concluded VNL, when she was with the understrength ‘B team’...maybe they see her as some sort of guardian angel for the team.

I wish the team every success !