China NT 2021

• Daymn, Ling Li's performance really has deteriorated and she's been taken over by Mengjie...

Also, good for LYH for finally getting to OG, she still deserved it after all, she has worked very hard to earn that spot and LP has finally rewarded her.

• I didn't expect Lang Ping to bring both Lius but other players are simply not better unfortunately. They also have much more experience.

Lin Li's level dropped significantly, too many errors in passing and digging not better than Wang Mengjie. The only thing I don't like about Wang Mengjie is her tendency to avoid reception and defense when two players are in position to do so, leading to miscommunication errors.

Yang Hangyu to me is just a poorer version of Wang Yuanyuan so no point to bring in another MB. I hope Gao Yi improve her fundamentals because she has all the physical talent to be a top MB.

Li Yao only had two good offensive games against depleted teams of South Korea and Thailand. She struggled mightily afterwards. There is no point bringing in an older player to train as a bench player for future Olympics cycle.

Both Zhang Changning and Li Yingying improved, especially in offense. Li Yingying's weight loss made her so much better in mobility, significantly improving all aspects of her game. The question remains whether they can play like this during Olympics. If they can, then winning gold is not a problem. Gong is the best all around player. I think her weak link is offense. Let's see if she can have a breakthrough in scoring against the top teams. Then there is Ding Xia and Yan Ni combo, the best screamer Yuan Xinyue, and there is Zhu. The bench has the best center for photos.

• Yesterday I read many hints that Liu XT will be picked up. Now it's Liu YH instead of Li Yao or Yang HY. But this roster does not surprise me.

The coaching team may think one MB is replaced by libero, so three are enough. And Yang HY is still young, she can set for the Paris cycle, just like Ni FF. And Liu XT is the "lucky soldier" in the eyes of Lang Ping, she has Lang's confidence over years, and contributed the crucial points in defeating BRA in Rio 2016 and other major events under Lang Ping.

At the end this is a good line-up, won't complain... fans may say a lot, but they cannot be knowing more than the coaching team and every decision has its pros and cons.... but the coaching team knows the best!

Good luck for the team and strive for the best!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• At the end this is a good line-up, won't complain

to be fair, doesn't really matter which subs you pick and it will still be a good line up.

I hope Liu Yanhan (actually, both Lius now that I think of it) can find her (their) 2019 VNL finals form.

• to be fair, doesn't really matter which subs you pick and it will still be a good line up.

I hope Liu Yanhan (actually, both Lius now that I think of it) can find her (their) 2019 VNL finals form.

Some volleyball observers in mainland also said the same thing that player like Liu XT has up and down play so the down trend is not the absolute conclusive state, the coaching team may help these subs (with Liu YH) to up their states in the OG. This will most likely be their last OG (2nd for Liu XT, the first one for Liu YH), both have been serving many years to earn these spots. May Liu XT also bring her lucky charm to the team :) All the best.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Some volleyball observers in mainland also said the same thing that player like Liu XT has up and down play so the down trend is not the absolute conclusive state, the coaching team may help these subs (with Liu YH) to up their states in the OG. This will most likely be their last OG (2nd for Liu XT, the first one for Liu YH), both have been serving many years to earn these spots. May Liu XT also bring her lucky charm to the team :) All the best.

LIu Xiaotong is the most decorated player on the NT along with Zhu and Yuan. (3 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze + anything from Tokyo)

• My prediction back in May was off only for 1 position, not too shabby :dance6::dance6:

• Im actually happy for Liu Xiaotong.

I'm equally happy for LXT as well. Also happy for LYH, she finally did it. I still remember her days on the CNT Team B where she is literally carrying the whole team. Hopefully her 2019 form would return.

• https://en.volleyballworld.com…ams/chn-china/team_roster

Four from Tianjin, three from Liaoning, two from Jiangsu, one each from Beijing, Henan, Shandong.

LIu Yanhan is registered as Liaoning for sure (maybe they'll have a bit more firepower and hence more competitive in the league)

Zhu Ting is no longer registered with Tianjin (maybe she will leave next season, but more likely the "club" is the provincial team and not the real club).

• I hope she gets to rest next season. The main reason she joined Tianjin was to prepare for the Olympics, help LYY improve her overall skills and work on tactics/connection with Yao Di. After the Olympics Tianjin shouldn't need her anymore because LYY has already grown and developed.

I'm sure they would like to keep her to increase their chances of another title, but her wrist still needs to fully recover and I think I read somewhere she is studying for a degree.

• Liu Yan-han is from Liaoning. After Team Bayi disbanded, she must hope to "return" the club of her hometown though the process was too slow.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• There was a livestreamed interview with JLP and some of the team this evening (Beijing time). You can watch it here (Wei Qiuyue and Yang Hao were also interviewing the team members).

She said that the team would leave for Tokyo next Friday 16 July with the Chinese contingent on a chartered flight from Beijing.

edit: updated the link as the previous one stopped working

• There was a livestreamed interview with JLP and some of the team this evening (Beijing time). You can watch it here (Wei Qiuyue and Yang Hao were also interviewing the team members).

She said that the team would leave for Tokyo next Friday 16 July with the Chinese contingent on a chartered flight from Beijing.

The link is not working.☹️

edit: updated the link as the previous one stopped working

bilibili link: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Bf4y1b7zF (weibo link doesn't work for me)

some important parts of the livestream from tieba:

- The most unforgettable match for Wei Qiuyue was London QFs loss to Japan (2-3). She still doesn't look back at it today.

- jenny did not give a clear answer on if she would stay after Tokyo. (To be fair, this was a dumb question to begin with so don't get your hopes up just yet)

- LYY is the "secret weapon" (I have a different opinion on this -- people already know LYY so probably LYH will be the "secret weapon" like LXT's role in Rio)

News not from the livestream: An jiajie is not expected to be with the team -- for the first time the assistant is Lai Yawen

• I heard about this as well and the news kinda hinted that he might be preparing another squad back home for the AVC Championship.

LYH was effective against Italy 2019 VNL Finals so I could see her coming off the bench to create that same spark LXT did against Brazil in RIo.

• I heard about this as well and the news kinda hinted that he might be preparing another squad back home for the AVC Championship.

AVC Championship is a 2022 World Championship qualifier. Of course China will likely qualify by continental ranking but will JLP really risk it?

Last cycle they played with basically the A-team members who were available.