China NT 2021

• Shandongs middles do play at Guangdong in CVL iirc.

Liu Xiaotong should be fine since she'll mostly be on the bench in Tokyo.

There's another list I seen today, but idk how true it is. Chen Youquan was listed as the head coach and Yang Hao as the assistant. I like the idea of Yang Hao continuing to get coaching experience, but if this is the roster then I wonder what happened to An Jiajie.

Might as well wait outside the gym to see who arrives for training. :gone:

• There's another list I seen today, but idk how true it is. Chen Youquan was listed as the head coach and Yang Hao as the assistant. I like the idea of Yang Hao continuing to get coaching experience, but if this is the roster then I wonder what happened to An Jiajie.

Might as well wait outside the gym to see who arrives for training. :gone:

An jiajie is going to Tokyo, it just happens that JLP and Lai Yawen are listed ahead of him.

Now, whether he still does NT stuff post-Tokyo, I'm not sure.

• In addition to the roster of 12 players, there are also five coaches, one team leader, one doctor and one translator, a total of 20 people to go to Tokyo. The list is as follows:

Team Leader: Li Quanqiang

Coaches: Lang Ping, Lai Yawen, An Jiajie, Bao Zhuang, Yuan Lingxi

Team doctor: Wei Yongji

Translation: Jian Jie

The team already ended their Beilun training on 13 July, and already returned to Beijing, and will depart from there to Tokyo along the big continent on 19 July. 💪👊

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Exciting! Let's go Team China 🇨🇳

• A Special Tribute to Yan Ni from People's Daily

On Friday, 16 July 2021 the People's Daily issued a special poster on social media to pay tribute to Yan Ni, with her face on the poster and the words “Go all out and stand on the last post”, summed up in 11 Chinese characters: “全力以赴,站好最后一班岗” written at below.

It's really tear jerking. This is the best portrayal of Yan Ni's mentality and journey of career. She has given almost everything she has to the Chinese Women's Volleyball Team.

The fact that the People's Daily give this comment, is no doubt the supreme honor. As the first authoritative media, they give the highest praise to Yan Ni, which is a special treatment that neither Zhu Ting nor Zhang Changning has enjoyed.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• THE 2021 ASIAN CHAMPIONSHIP

In the latest news, both Chinese team and the defending champion Japanese team did not participate in the Asian Championship. According to the draw results of the Asian Championship, a total of 8 teams participated. The host Philippines, Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei, and Uzbekistan are in Group A; Thailand, South Korea, Iran, and Australia are in Group B. Due to the withdrawal of China and Japan, the South Korean team is the number one favorite to win the Asian Championship.

The Asian Championship are linked to the qualifications of the World Championship, and the top two can qualify for the 2022 World Championships.

A total of 24 teams participated in the World Championship, and it was also the most difficult competition in the women's volleyball competition. However, in addition to qualifying for the World Championship by the top two in the Intercontinental Championship, the host automatically gets the qualifications and the world rankings before the World Championship. So both the Chinese and Japanese teams can qualify by virtue of the world ranking.

The 2021 Asian Championship will be held from August 29th to September 4th, and the Olympic Games will end on August 8th. China's quadrennial National Games will be held in September, and a total of 8 women's volleyball teams will advance to the finals. Too close the schedules, causing some conflict.

More about the event itself:

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…l-championships-unveiled/

• Vietnam also quit (I think covid reasons) which is a shame, they had chances.

• Vietnam also quit (I think covid reasons) which is a shame, they had chances.

I noticed about the absence of India and Nepal but overlooked Vietnam's participation.

Still they have no chance to beat KOR and THA :-) No WCH for them... there's a big gap between Asian #4 and the remaining teams :P

• Great chance for Korea to win first title since they beat Thailand most of the time.

• After a few hours of flying, the Chinese women’s volleyball team finally arrived in Tokyo on 19 July 2021. When they arrived at the Tokyo Narita International Airport Terminal 1, there were also many journalists, media and fans in China who had already picked up the plane. We can see that at the airport. In the lobby, fans have pulled up the banner and wrote: Warm welcome to the Chinese women's volleyball team!

In the women's volleyball team, Zhu Ting is undoubtedly the most watched player. Before she came out, many fans were shouting that Zhu Ting came out. When the team really came out, there were too many fans at the scene. The reporter also said: Even the Japanese police were dispatched to maintain order, because the fans chased after them.

As the head coach, Lang Ping also smiled and accepted an interview on the sidelines. She said that she came to Tokyo again and she was very excited to fight for the national glory. And also said that the women's volleyball team is ready after five years. There are even interviews by reporters. Will this be her "curtain call"? Lang Ping also said, I don’t know, do you want to solve this problem now? :P

• I just finished watching the Rio Olympic final and realized that ZCN and GXY were there. Why they weren't playing? Is their Opp that time THAT good?

And was that Hui Ruoqi final match with the NT? Haven't seen her playing again. She was one of my most likable players on court. What a beautiful send off if that was her last match -- gold medal, being a captain, and did good that final night.

• I just finished watching the Rio Olympic final and realized that ZCN and GXY were there. Why they weren't playing? Is their Opp that time THAT good?

And was that Hui Ruoqi final match with the NT? Haven't seen her playing again. She was one of my most likable players on court. What a beautiful send off if that was her last match -- gold medal, being a captain, and did good that final night.

Both Zhang and Gong were subs for Hui RQ and Yang FX respectively at the 2016 Rio, and they were considered young and new players (esp. Gong just entered into senior int'l competition in 2016, the Montreux then WGP), and were far from their present day forms. I don't remember whether they're on court or not at the gold medal match against SRB, but I guess both might have some playing time, esp. the more experienced Zhang.

Yes, the Rio OG matches were Hui's last match with the NT, iirc she announced her retirement from volleyball due to health issue at the National Games in 2017.

• Both Zhang and Gong were subs for Hui RQ and Yang FX respectively at the 2016 Rio, and they were considered young and new players (esp. Gong just entered into senior int'l competition in 2016, the Montreux then WGP), and were far from their present day forms. I don't remember whether they're on court or not at the gold medal match against SRB, but I guess both might have some playing time, esp. the more experienced Zhang.

Zhang played more during the runup, but not much at all against Serbia, IIRC. She did, however, serve sub for match point

• Both Zhang and Gong were subs for Hui RQ and Yang FX respectively at the 2016 Rio, and they were considered young and new players (esp. Gong just entered into senior int'l competition in 2016, the Montreux then WGP), and were far from their present day forms. I don't remember whether they're on court or not at the gold medal match against SRB, but I guess both might have some playing time, esp. the more experienced Zhang.

Zhang was definitely a starter throughout a tournament, she was amazing during 2015 WC already at that time, but had pretty average OG to be honest, she was subbed out quickly in Olympic final as well, because we all know that Jenny is very flexible in terms of in-game subs and reactions to ongoing performances of her players. But you're right that for such inexperienced player it was understandable not to perform her best under such big pressure, so I don't think it'll happen again.

Zhang played opp in first set and Yang played last three sets. Don't remember Gong but they were supposed to be the subs for Hui and Yang respectively.