China NT 2021

• As the saying goes, "the mother is worried about children traveling thousands of miles." According to Jiangsu media, when the Chinese women's volleyball team was in Tokyo for the Olympics, they interviewed the mothers of two NT players.

Jiang Qiuhan, Zhang Changning's mother, revealed: "the national team has been under closed training recently, so we didn't go to Beijing to see Zhang Changning off. To be honest, I do miss my daughter."

Gong Xiangyu's mother, Wei Jiaping, said: "the last time I saw Gong Xiangyu, it was Chinese New Year (i.e. on 12 Feb 2021). Since then, she has been training with the national team or playing on behalf of the provincial team. She has never seen Gong Xiangyu again. It should have been nearly half a year. I miss her very much."

The parents of Gong Xiangyu

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Now we know where the legs came from :)

• Zhu Anliang, Zhu Ting's father, said in an interview with Henan media on July 18: "My daughter has become the first female flag bearer of the (Summer) Olympic Games. This is the pride of my whole family. She is not afraid to bear hardships and is neat person! My girl, come on, papa wish you the best in the Tokyo Olympic Games!

Zhu Ting's father was also busy in his hometown in Dancheng County, Zhoukou, Henan, renovating his house and preparing to invite the village neighborhood to watch the live broadcast of the opening ceremony of Tokyo Olympics whereas his daughter is the flag bearer of the Chinese contingent.

"Busy! In my hometown, the whole house still needs some fixes and the network cable is broken. This time, I have to be well equipped. Can't delay to watch the Olympic Games. When the villagers have come, we will watch the girl together."

Zhu Ting's father reflected that the home network was not good, worried that he would not be able to watch the video broadcast of her daughter as the flag bearer at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympic Games on July 23. And the network problem of Zhu Ting's family, also caused netizen great attention. On July 19, a reporter visited Zhu Ting's home.

After local media reported the Zhu Ting's home situation, the three major operators [mobile networks] took action immediately to solve the network problem at once. The home network issue was solved.

With regard to this matter, netizens have said, "let's sit in front of TV and enjoy the flag bearer Ting with papa Zhu", "honest papa Zhu has brought up good daughter, Zhu Ting worked very hard, we support you, Zhu Ting!" Zhu Ting's parents are humble family, they are still living in the village.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Zhu Ting is one in 8 billion :heart:

What a cute family, honestly her story made me appreciate her that much more. She is a living legend :box: Take another MVP :!::saint:

Agree. The story just kicks it all up a notch

• From We love Volleyball wechat account, they practiced at the game court and the starting lineup was

Zhu, Li

Yan, Yuan

Ding, Gong

Wang Mengjie

two (male) assistant coaches played the other side with the remaining five players

Zhang, Liu Xiaotong

Yao, Liu Yanhan

Wang Yuanyuan

• I wonder ZCN will be benched so that she can be both a OH sub and OP sub if needed?

If LYY is benched she is likely just a OH sub only.

IMO I still prefer ZCN as a starter with her better passing/defence.

• I wonder ZCN will be benched so that she can be both a OH sub and OP sub if needed?

If LYY is benched she is likely just a OH sub only.

IMO I still prefer ZCN as a starter with her better passing/defence.

whether Zhang or Li is sub can probably be debated until the end of time but I'd personally like to see Li as starter at least for a few games in the group stage just to see what it's like.

• Love Yan Ni <3

• Love Gong <3

Little Gong in the Hanbok looks so cute and lovable. When she grew big...she didn’t change much, and only became a bigger version of herself, still so sweet and lovable

<3<3<3:lol:

A while back someone posted a photo of little Zeng Chunlei...I’m still looking for it :what:

<3 小花蕾

• Zhang Changning ❤️ Tbh I really like all 7 of China starter (excluding the libero sorry I dunno her). They seem very down to earth and nice.

I think they are all very friendly and nice, Wang MJ too, is fun loving and gets along very well with the other players...from what I read in the Chinese blogs.

btw I wanted to be the one to give you that special ‘like’... do keep the interesting posts coming, always enjoy reading them :lol:

Genius of the Sky

• I think they are all very friendly and nice, Wang MJ too, is fun loving and gets along very well with the other players...from what I read in the Chinese blogs.

btw I wanted to be the one to give you that special ‘like’... do keep the interesting posts coming, always enjoy reading them :lol:

Genius of the Sky

:drink:

I really enjoy volleyball as a whole, both in and off court. These Chinese players made me fall in love with them. :rose:

• I am pretty sure links will get posted when they are available, but just in case nothing is there, watch cctv5 at the right times on

https://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5/?spm=C73465.PiCAq5SbpsxV.0.0 (it's currently broadcasting aikido)

and use a VPN into China. Hola is free and works, but insecure so don't use it on a browser that you have personal data on.

• I am pretty sure links will get posted when they are available, but just in case nothing is there, watch cctv5 at the right times on

https://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv5/?spm=C73465.PiCAq5SbpsxV.0.0 (it's currently broadcasting aikido)

and use a VPN into China. Hola is free and works, but insecure so don't use it on a browser that you have personal data on.

What version of Hola? Basic or Pro?

EDIT: I can connect cctv5via hola free but cuz it offer Pro with unlimited connection hours at app 7 bucks a month, I just took it :-) from googlechrome install ext. hola. i'm just glad can access cctv5, and with premium acc the access should be smoother.

Edited 2 times, last by samsara: addition ().

• where do you guys live? In Beijing here, there is several ways to watch all the Olympic woman and man volleyball match by free. Besides cctv, I am used to app of tencent sports

Me in Asia outside China :-)

Any web of Tencent to access?

Women's Volleyball Match Schedule - Chinese Team

CHN v TUR 25.07.21 07:25 (GMT)

CHN v USA 27.07.21 02:05 (GMT)

CHN v RUS 29.07.21 07:25 (GMT)

CHN v ITA 31.07.21 12:45 (GMT)

CHN v ARG 02.08.21 07:25 (GMT)

Women's Volleyball at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Pool A: Japan (Hosts), Serbia (3), Brazil (4), South Korea (9), Dominican Republic (10), Kenya (19)

Pool B: China (1), United States (2), Russia (5), Italy (8), Argentina (11), Turkey (12)

Do you install extension for the browser? I still get copyright message even with Chinese IP and it's the same for the desktop/laptop app. How is the quality? Does it have 1080p resolution? Thanks.

• Do you install extension for the browser? I still get copyright message even with Chinese IP and it's the same for the desktop/laptop app. How is the quality? Does it have 1080p resolution? Thanks.

CCTV5 quality via Hola is good (or even excellent), and as said earlier I just took Hola Premium for 1mo cuz its offer is cheap, CCTV5 labels it as High Definition and Clear... not sure the numeric scale, it's relatively smooth, for me it's satisfying