China NT 2021

• Zhu will not be poor even if she ends her career right now, she got millions already from her previous contracts.

If someone can say no to JLP, it is Zhu. She is such an impactful player, she would have the balls to stand against anyone if she would really have a terrible injury right now.

She is supporting everyone in her family. If she can still play professionally, her potential income will be more (salary plus endorsements). Sometimes endorsements stop when one retires. If you were her, would you really take the risk knowing that the possibility is real? Playing under pain that would get worst. It is a fact, one hardly will be satisfied. One want more (more money, more power, and more of the material things) . The rich gets richer, the powerful gets more power,etc. I don’t think Zhu Ting has the guts to refuse JLP and the 🇨🇳🏐 bigwigs order. We live in countries where we have the right to do what we want unlike her where freedom is limited or non existent depending on the situations. For us we live in countries where freedom is a right not a privilege. If you or I is ZT not living in 🇨🇳 I am 100% sure you and I will outright refuse to play. We really don’t know the reality of ZT situation whether she insisted or forced most likely the later one.

• Good performance without Zhu and Yan Ni. They were just moving freely without the pressure. Sadly they did not play like this when it mattered.

Announcer doesnt seem to realized that mathematically China is out even with this win.

I remember Gong crying and hugging Lang Ping in 2016 after they beat Brazil and now she is again crying and hugging other players but because of the opposite reason

• Good performance without Zhu and Yan Ni. They were just moving freely without the pressure. Sadly they did not play like this when it mattered.

Announcer doesnt seem to realized that mathematically China is out even with this win.

I remember Gong crying and hugging Lang Ping in 2016 after they beat Brazil and now she is again crying and hugging other players but because of the opposite reason

Yeah, its good to see them enjoying the match. Especially Gong who has been not consistent in the previous match. Its so nice to see them attacking and defense well

• Biggest blunder was coach's decision not to bench Zhu when she was less effective due to wrist injury. Zhang/Li combo was good enough to make it out of group stage.

Second blunder was mental breakdown of the players. Even with injured Zhu, they choked away their game against Russia. Can't blame any for that.

Everything else is just bs speculation by frustrated fans. Zhu can play but just down 2-3 levels down due to the sudden wrist problem.

• I guess Jenny Lang Ping has to answer for her choices..she may step down as head coach after this...as the win over Italy will create more questions than answers.. it's a bitter pill for China's fans for the way they lost the opening 3 matches and not qualifying for the quarter finals for the 1st time in 37 years !

• So they are sitting out Zhu.

JLP and 🇨🇳🏐 officials have been getting criticism and pressure from its citizens for playing injured ZT. There have been several injured athletes forced/ ordered to play and these athletes ended up retiring because their injuries affected their performances (for the worse);. ZT can contribute more to the 🇨🇳🏐NT for more years and risking her just for one Olympics is not worth it. They are listening now.

Biggest blunder was coach's decision not to bench Zhu when she was less effective due to wrist injury. Zhang/Li combo was good enough to make it out of group stage.

Second blunder was mental breakdown of the players. Even with injured Zhu, they choked away their game against Russia. Can't blame any for that.

Everything else is just bs speculation by frustrated fans. Zhu can play but just down 2-3 levels down due to the sudden wrist problem.

JLP wanted to go out with a bang. Guess she thought injured ZT can still performed just as well a healthy ZT. Thinking the wrist injury was not as bad as it really is (the team doctor should be replaced; his assessment was wrong). it just showed how huge JLP’s confidence on ZT. JLP got it wrong for taking ZT’s injury lightly and causing her to miscalculate and backfired on her.

• JLP and 🇨🇳🏐 officials have been getting criticism and pressure from its citizens for playing injured ZT. There have been several injured athletes forced/ ordered to play and these athletes ended up retiring because their injuries affected their performances (for the worse);. ZT can contribute more to the 🇨🇳🏐NT for more years and risking her just for one Olympics is not worth it. They are listening now.

JLP wanted to go out with a bang. Guess she thought injured ZT can still performed just as well a healthy ZT. Thinking the wrist injury was not as bad as it really is (the team doctor should be replaced; his assessment was wrong). it just showed how huge JLP’s confidence on ZT. JLP got it wrong for taking ZT’s injury lightly and causing her to miscalculate and backfired on her.

That's just speculation. Zhu Ting told her dad to see her at the final. Lang Ping should have benched her though. Sometimes you just have to say no to your superstar. She made the mistake Zhu would played better but they choked against Russia and the rest was history. It was all poor coaching decision, nothing to do with Lang Ping going out with a bang. Then players succumbed under all the pressure when they were down.

• I always thought Jenny Lang Ping was a breath of fresh air for China...she was different from the set of former coaches who were so common in the Chinese sport system where training were almost so brutal...she prioritize health and welfare of her players...this seem like a blot on her illustrious coaching career in China..

• Interview of Lang Ping after CHN-ITA match

Sad to see Lang Ping cry...

I wanted China to win the tournament so as a fan I'm pretty upset. But I understand she is feeling 1000 times worse. Anyway, this result doesn't take away her previous achievements. Looking back she should have retired after 2016 and enjoy those COVID free years traveling with her daughter as she has been wanting to do for years now.