China NT 2021

• A Chinese account calling out it's own society, that's a first.

Lang Ping did well for China. She created a legendary team, even if they weren't able to get results at Tokyo that doesn't mean she failed them.

What China is literally definition of failure

• Lang Ping is still a Chinese citizen, I don’t know why that Twitter account says that she’s American 🤦🏻‍♀️

And in that video she didn’t say that she’s retiring. HOWEVER she did implicitly mention retirement in a post-match interview (Weibo). So although nothing is official yet it’s pretty obvious that she will retire (at least to me)

• Lang Ping is still a Chinese citizen, I don’t know why that Twitter account says that she’s American 🤦🏻‍♀️

And in that video she didn’t say that she’s retiring. HOWEVER she did implicitly mention retirement in a post-match interview (Weibo). So although nothing is official yet it’s pretty obvious that she will retire (at least to me)

It’s an anti-CCP account… So that explains why lol

• What does she mean by deformed society? Will she be persecuted or judge by people there?

It's one of those anti-China camps that live off China's failures. Don't take it seriously because they spread lies all the time about anything relating to China.

• well atleast with USA men going home it is not as embarrassing now

Does it matter how other teams do? China's main goal was gold. Anything less would be a disappointment. With Zhu's wrist problem, even had China made it out of group stage, I don't think they would win the gold. Sometimes things just don't go your way even when you planned everything well.

• well atleast with USA men going home it is not as embarrassing now

I don't follow men's vb that much but Russia, Brazil, Argentina, and France are teams that could very much go both ways when it comes to the USA men playing them.

OTOH I don't think China ever lost to Russia or Turkey with the A-team since Zhu/Yuan/Zhang/the rest joined the national team.

• I don't follow men's vb that much but Russia, Brazil, Argentina, and France are teams that could very much go both ways when it comes to the USA men playing them.

OTOH I don't think China ever lost to Russia or Turkey with the A-team since Zhu/Yuan/Zhang/the rest joined the national team.

China defo has lost to Russia at least in VNL/WGP in 2017 (Hong Kong) and 2019 (Brasil).

Don't think all three of them played in those matches though.

• China defo has lost to Russia at least in VNL/WGP in 2017 (Hong Kong) and 2019 (Brasil).

Don't think all three of them played in those matches though.

right, forgot about wgp 2017.

Anyways, one last match to watch. Then god knows who retires/who is left out of NT/who goes and gets wrist surgery/which new players get brought in.

• So lang ping officially retires?

I would guess if she doesn't retired she will probably get fired.

I don't know what to think about this. On one hand she did find phenomenal new talent, but on the other hand.... wtf was putting in Zhu for the first 3 games? Or continuing to play Yan Ni with the ligament tear? Or not giving Yao Di a chance to start when Ding Xia was doing..... yeah.

Anyways, in an hour, last match against Argentina, then see you all in 2022 VNL. I bet there will be a lot of restructuring in the team and will post again when I collect my thoughts on it.

• I would guess if she doesn't retired she will probably get fired.

I don't know what to think about this. On one hand she did find phenomenal new talent, but on the other hand.... wtf was putting in Zhu for the first 3 games? Or continuing to play Yan Ni with the ligament tear? Or not giving Yao Di a chance to start when Ding Xia was doing..... yeah.

Anyways, in an hour, last match against Argentina, then see you all in 2022 VNL. I bet there will be a lot of restructuring in the team and will post again when I collect my thoughts on it.

the other girls were also performing poorly, maybe they were sad because they know this is her last tournament

Also, JLP wont get fired or Smth, she extended her contract until after Tokyo2020 she wont renew it now thats all

• Some rumors:

Ding Xia will continue her career but Yao Di will be retired after 2021 Chinese National Games due to her injury.

If Chinese NT needs an old setter, perhaps Diao Lin-yu will be back in 2022.

Sun Yan is injured for many times and might be retired ...

other young setters ...

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Some rumors:

Ding Xia will continue her career but Yao Di will be retired after 2021 Chinese National Games due to her injury.

If Chinese NT needs an old setter, perhaps Diao Lin-yu will be back in 2022.

Sun Yan is injured for many times and might be retired ...

other young setters ...

Tomen, where are you all this time? I miss you.

That's quite worrying if no youngster comes up

• LP in an interview said that ZT had a torn ligament in her wrist.

Hmm, maybe she shouldn't be on the court then?

Zhu Ting might quit many tournaments such as 2021 Chinese National Games, 2021/2022 Chinese League and even 2022 VNL.

After them, could she return?

No one knows.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan