China NT 2021

• What's this I'm hearing Zhu is playing in the National Games then getting surgery afterwards!?! :mad::wall:

It's an unnecessary tournament for her to play in and risk further injuring her wrist.

• What's this I'm hearing Zhu is playing in the National Games then getting surgery afterwards!?! :mad::wall:

It's an unnecessary tournament for her to play in and risk further injuring her wrist.

let's hope not... national games has to go tbh, such a pointless competition.

Can someone please explain what the National Games is?

• Can someone please explain what the National Games is?

I can hit you up with a few wiki pages :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Games_of_China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_National_Games_of_China

http://en.olympic.cn/games/national/ (this official site seems to have pooped out after 2013, maybe just the <en> version)

A multi-sport national olympics thing with lots of pride baked in. Others can fill you in more

btw - they are also known as the All China Games, not to be confused with the All-China Games

• It looks kinda cool ngl 🤣 but not for an injured player. Aka looks fun not serious. Surprised Zhu would actually go :O

• I still want to understand what happened to china in tokyo2020

Zhu's wrist injury exposed team's over reliance of Zhu. Coach forgot how to coach, players forgot how to play. It was just a mental collapse of epic proportions.

• But we all also watched they played against Italy without using Zhu. Why is this not thought of earlier even adter the match against Turkey? Or even during that match?

GXY was a completely different player on that match against Italy.

idk its so confusing

Especially all the matches where zhu played with them, they were weird and so unconnected

• But we all also watched they played against Italy without using Zhu. Why is this not thought of earlier even adter the match against Turkey? Or even during that match?

GXY was a completely different player on that match against Italy.

Over reliance on Zhu. Coach's biggest blunder was not to bench her when her wrist got worse. Players choked against Russia. It was there first choke ever. Italy's match was meaningless since they were already eliminated. No pressure for this match.

• against Turkey was pretty bad too... agree with your other comments

It was gold or nothing for this team. Without Zhu, I don't think they would have won gold because there was not enough games to make adjustments for a championship run. After that, everyone succumbed to pressure and the rest was history. It was never meant to be. Anyway I hope they can overcome Zhu's reliance during 2022 World Championship. They need to prove they are a championship team without their best player.

• Hi guys I’m new here 🤣

My name is Andy and I’m a big fan of the Chinese volleyball team. I’m still devasted about what happened at the Tokyo Olympics… I cried for many days and I’m still really upset.

I just wanted to share my dejected feelings with u guys since I have been reading this blog for quite a while and I kinda know that u guys are fans of CNT. 😂

do u guys know if there is any Zhu-like player in the making? I am a bit worried for the WCH and for the next Olympics.

I heard about Dong Mingxia some time ago.. can she became the next big thing for CNT? China has 1.4 billions of people they should produce many many Zhu Tings..😅