Russia NT 2021

• Does anyone know who will be rotated in for the remaining games?

I don't know, but that doesn't matter because the result will be the same :down:. The biggest mistake of Busato, besides what we've already mentioned, is to not have brought any defensive spiker (Oh2). The five Russian OH played like Oh1 in the last season :hit:. IMO, he thought that the men's scheme was gonna succeed in women's volleyball. I mean, tall MBs and a bad-receiver duo (like Kliuka-Volkov, Leal-Lucarelli, etc). Now, after VNL he must call three Oh2 (Frolova, Kotikova, and anyone who's not Shcherban :lol:) because any good-serving team will easily beat them like we saw last week.

BTW, Busato must call Kadochkina ASAP if Kosheleva and Voronkova continue with their weak attacks.

• Is Parubets still injured? Who could replace her?

She's not, but she hasn't played any single match yet... so, I don't know her current shape. The other options are Frolova, Kotikova, Simonenko, etc, but to be honest I think Busato will call Shcherban :rolll:.

• I don't know, but that doesn't matter because the result will be the same :down:. The biggest mistake of Busato, besides what we've already mentioned, is to not have brought any defensive spiker (Oh2). The five Russian OH played like Oh1 in the last season :hit:. IMO, he thought that the men's scheme was gonna succeed in women's volleyball. I mean, tall MBs and a bad-receiver duo (like Kliuka-Volkov, Leal-Lucarelli, etc). Now, after VNL he must call three Oh2 (Frolova, Kotikova, and anyone who's not Shcherban :lol:) because any good-serving team will easily beat them like we saw last week.

BTW, Busato must call Kadochkina ASAP if Kosheleva and Voronkova continue with their weak attacks.

That is true for sure they are out of "the top 3" finish. If Busato is not a fool, he should have already known his "starting 6" is pretty weak, with them Russian team won't go anywhere. Now I want to see how Busato is going to wise up by putting together a team that will be at least competitive and plan for the future right now. They have two very bad backup MBs that really puzzled everyone for the selections.

• Is Parubets still injured? Who could replace her?

No, she isn't injured and she even could play in this tournament (VNL). According to her words, the coach staffs have decided that she won't play in this tournament in order not to risk her health. She is currently training with Uralochka and will join the nt after VNL.

Krotkova could be a better option, even in this tournament imo. Her playing style is similar to Parubets so she could stabilize the reception line like she did it in Montreux Master 2018, but I doubt the coach even knew her.

• In Kosheleva's vlog it can be seen that Parubets still didn't practise regularly. She's with the team but not wearing kneepads so I guess she doesn't do (or didn't during the time of recording) anything that involves falling on her knees or jumping. I guess her focus is on stability and building muscles as much as possible because I see no other way how she could be able to play in OG such a short time after ACL injury...

• In Kosheleva's vlog it can be seen that Parubets still didn't practise regularly. She's with the team but not wearing kneepads so I guess she doesn't do (or didn't during the time of recording) anything that involves falling on her knees or jumping. I guess her focus is on stability and building muscles as much as possible because I see no other way how she could be able to play in OG such a short time after ACL injury...

It is still a wonder to me that she has healed from ACL in such short time and is planning to play in the Olympics.

• obviously no hope for finals so might as well use the remaining games to give the girls who are possible starters in tokyo a heads up and have time to gel

Fedorovtseva should be starting OH2 for all the remaining games even if she doesnt play great all the time. Do not sub her out. Let her get the rep and figure out things while Voronkova/Koshe doing the OH1 duties.

Let Koroleva especially Fetisova get the rep and hopefully she gets her mojo back in time for the olympics.

Goncha cant be starter all time. Girl needs her rest. Let Smirnova play especially if Lazareva is not coming in week 4/5

I know there were talks of bringing Lazareva/Malova/Romanova/Efimova in the later weeks so hopefully this is true because if not, WTF are you doing Busato with bunch of useless girls.

• Pypurinova as a starter was a very odd decision and to replace both OH quite early even worse...

I agree that Parubets and Podkopaeva will solve a lot of problems... But playing the VNL without a good receiver is just a waste of time. Even Pilipenko is better in defense than reception... And they should be looking for options without Parubets... From the younger players I see Kotikova, Simonenko and Zvereva as possible options. M. Frolova, Chaplina or Shcherban (did better last season than before and played usually instead of Krotkova) are the experienced options.

Fedorovtseva should be playing as much as possible. I still would like to see the reception skills form Smirnova (Malygina can play OPP :gone:)...

• Today's game, although winning or losing would not have much impact on the final 4, at least we saw Russian started to shuffle its starting lineups. Kudos!! At the end, Russian won great! But the best thing coming out from this game is Fedorovtseva did great on the defense and on the reception. Double Kudos!!

• So I guess Busato decided not to bring Romanova, Lazareva and Malova for week 4 & 5 after all

So Buzato is planning to milk out Goncharova, who is clearly already incapabale of playing high level on consecutive matches. She will have zero strength for Olympics :gone:

• Any information on the u20 WC team?

Busato mentioned Gorbunova.

Super League players who might be part of the team:

S: Popova, Selyutina

MB: Menshchikova, Slautina, Kochurina

OH/OPP: Kadochkina, Akimova, Chernova, Yakushina, Kruk, Pisarevskaya, Gorbunova, Gatina

Libero: Doronicheva, Perova