Russia NT 2021

• It wasn't a matter of question to include Kosheleva for OG roster. There is literally no other options to fill 4 OH slots!

• The list of good players for Russia grows thin :white:

I guess E. Lazareva would make it to Tokyo.

• I don't speak Russian, and I don't trust the automatic translation, so can somebody tell me... is this the Olympic Roster? I know there are only 11 players depicted but, no Arina? No Malova? And Brovkina and Pipunyrova being a part of it?

• I don't speak Russian, and I don't trust the automatic translation, so can somebody tell me... is this the Olympic Roster? I know there are only 11 players depicted but, no Arina? No Malova? And Brovkina and Pipunyrova being a part of it?

I don't see any hint that this is the final roster. It just says they were part of some meeting and that they'll continue preparations etc.

Hopefully this is not the final composition. This is the photo they went to meet President Putin. If this bunch goes to Olympics without Fedorovtseva no Podkopaeva , they cannot even beat Argentina I am afraid.

• It does not make sense to leave out Podkopaeva and Arina, IMO the two players who will have the most impact (besides Goncha). We should know soon, the roster is expected to be announced July 5th.

PS. Good to see Enina! I hope she will be the 3rd MB as Russia really needs a slider to vary their offense.

• PS. Good to see Enina! I hope she will be the 3rd MB as Russia really needs a slider to vary their offense.

I'd like to see Enina in Tokyo too. I think she'll make more of an impact more than Brovkina. She also offers something different than Koroleva and Fetisova.

• I would cut Matveeva, and Efimova. Smirnova and Pilipenko to fill the OHs spot.

At the end of the day, Busato can surprise us, he can cut both libero because of height. Frankly, the roster and selection is very experimental (3 OPPs, + Arina who recently converted to oh from OPP) to me, as if it is not Olympic squad. If Russian NT will play like they did in VNL, I'm sure Russia will cut Busato after Olympics. It is my two cents.

• At the end of the day, Busato can surprise us, he can cut both libero because of height. Frankly, the roster and selection is very experimental (3 OPPs, + Arina who recently converted to oh from OPP) to me, as if it is not Olympic squad. If Russian NT will play like they did in VNL, I'm sure Russia will cut Busato after Olympics. It is my two cents.

What is the root of the problem? Lack of good players on national level?

• What is the root of the problem? Lack of good players on national level?

maybe posters who don't watch the Russian league closely might think that Russia doesn't have good players but the reality is completely different. Even Karpol said in the interview that Russia should be medal contenders in OGs, because he thinks there are still very good players in Russia. He said if they wont get medals, then the problem with the coach.

We always criticize Malygina, but we always forget to criticize the person who invites her to the national team. It is not like Malygina invites or calls herself to the nt. I can write at least the names of 9 MBs (Kotova, Lazarenko, Slyakhovaya, Evdokimova, Sinitskaya, Koroleva, Fetisova, Enina, Zaytseva) who are better than Malygina imo but the question why the coach invited her to the NT. If Lang Ping was the coach of the Russian NT, she could build 2 competitive NT from Russian players. In short, the root of the problem is the coaches not players or with other words, the lack of good coach at the national team level.

• maybe posters who don't watch the Russian league closely might think that Russia doesn't have good players but the reality is completely different. Even Karpol said in the interview that Russia should be medal contenders in OGs, because he thinks there are still very good players in Russia. He said if they wont get medals, then the problem with the coach.

We always criticize Malygina, but we always forget to criticize the person who invites her to the national team. It is not like Malygina invites or calls herself to the nt. I can write at least the names of 9 MBs (Kotova, Lazarenko, Slyakhovaya, Evdokimova, Sinitskaya, Koroleva, Fetisova, Enina, Zaytseva) who are better than Malygina imo but the question why the coach invited her to the NT. If Lang Ping was the coach of the Russian NT, she could build 2 competitive NT from Russian players. In short, the root of the problem is the coaches not players or with other words, the lack of good coach at the national team level.

That’s why it irks me because it is impossible to only have 2 dominant OHs when you have a decent league. Excluding the case of Parubets & Kosheleva, there should be another bunch of good OHs that can play high level for the NT. It is worrying to see Russia in a mess like this.

• Thats why retirement of Kosheleva is extra weird, it is not like Russia has abundance of OHs like USA does

• The number of good OH is limited in Russia. But there are several decent OH who play in this position which is something Pilipenko and Smirnova did not do last season. Possible players with pretty good reception skills: M. Frolova, Chaplina, Zvereva, Shvchuk (attack is weaker than the others), Shcherban, Kotikova.